Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:32 AM
Default My first attempt at Custom T-Shirts (Help Please)
Hey all! Well, this is my first post on the forum and my first attempt at making a custom t-shirt or two. Can someone explain to me how to change the color of the design I'm inputing? I would really like to be able to change the white fill of the skull. Does anyone know how to do this? I've been looking for a solid tutorial and have only found some basic instructions here and there. So anyways, without further adue:

Dark Mark Tee's

If you could help me figure out that last color issue, I'd be grateful.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  frusteratedpenguin-darkmarktees.rar (496.0 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 4 different tshirts with the Dark Mark from Harry Potter.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM Last edited by iFidget : 21st Jun 2009 at 9:23 AM. Reason: photoshop or no?
Hi Penguin!

changing the color shouldn't be too hard, especially since the alpha layer determines what's actually seen on your design, which gives you scribble room on the RGB channel! Since it is an all white design, what I'd do is simply select the brush tool and the desired color of green, and change the brush mode to multiply, then just color over the area of the design you want the color changed for.

Note that the above method is only going to work for a white image with black outlines. For an image thats say, red for example and you want to make it blue, you'd probably be better off selecting the color mode for the brush instead. Just experiment a bit to find out whats best for you.

Hope that helps .

Edit: btw im assuming you are using photoshop to edit your .dds files. The terminology may differ a bit for different programs.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:25 AM
I think he used Delphy's Texture Unitool which allows you to add new logos on Tee, etc.
With that editor you can't recolor IG the new logon, just the TShirt background

Soooo frusteratedpenguin, to have another logo colour you have to change it with your graphic editor (ie : a green snake) and then you add it with Delphy's Texture Unitool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:09 PM
I'm using photoshop CS3 with the nvidia DDS converter. I'm using Delphy's CASPartEditor to recommit the new textures I make to the shirt model, save them as packages and sha-bam!

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that earlier. So are you saying there is no way to let the skull be modified by the CAS color pallet?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:51 PM
No,you can't recolor the skull,only the background in the game.If you want another colour you must make it in the Delphy's CasPartEditor,as explains piti_ange2.

My creations for Sims 4: 2 Sims 4

My creations for Sims 3: 2 Sims 3