Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default townies still generating with notownieregen
Hiya! I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to be posting this, but considering notownieregen comes from MATY, I figured that if I didn't want to get laughed off of the fourm, I'd come here.
My problem is this: even after putting in the notownieregen mod, townies still spawn. I have UC, with plenty of mods and other CC, so I'm assuming it's either a mod conflict or simply not choosing the correct file, considering I think there are several versions floating around for users with different latest EPs.*
The file is within another file in my downloads folder, along with my other "anti" hacks from MATY, and nostrayrespawn seems to not work either, as strays still spawn with it in my DL folder and mods enabled.
Is there a specific file (ex. the version for AL, etc.) that I need to download in order to make notownieregen work in UC (and preferably nostrayrespawn as well)?
Note: I also have the following MATY "anti" mods installed, along with many other non-MATY hacks:

antibusinessdecay
antiredundancy
creaturefixes
ffsdebugger
nocorruptdeath
nodormieregen
notownieregen
nostrayrespawn
norssespawn
nounlinkondelete

I also have CJ's townie apartment residents mod, which I believe may be the source of my problem, but HCDU didn't come up with anything. Any guesses as to what's going on, and how I can fix it?

*I should clarify that I do know that the standard NPCs will still spawn with this mod, but am referring to NPCs spawned by the game for seemingly no reason and without a specific function (e.g. Humble, the good/evil witches, etc.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:40 AM
Did you try starting a new neighbourhood without the townie apartment residents mod and seeing if you still had the problem? Sometimes HCDU doesn't clash, but there's still a problem.
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 8:10 PM
It's possible that CJ's mod is the source of your new townies. If you have few or no townies and move a sim into an apartment, the game will generate the townies needed to fill those apartments. If you don't want townies as apartment neighbors, you need a different mod. If you do want townies as apartment neighbors, then you need to make certain you have enough townies ahead of time to fill them. I believe there may be some additional criteria to how townies are chosen for different apartment lots, such as their job and how much money they have, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Sketching : 8th Jun 2019 at 9:33 PM.
I second Devon Aster's statement. In my experience, Cyjon's mod will either create new townies as apartment residents if you don't have any or pull from the existing townie pool if you have them, going for the order in which the townies were created before creating more if you lack townies to occupy a room. Nysha's No Townie Neighbours prevents townies from moving into empty apartments, but it won't stop the generation of townies if you use the Search For Roommate function.

You didn't mention it, but if you need empty templates so that you can start hoods without the EAxis townies and NPCs, N001 (for the default townies) is here and the stealth templates are here, though they won't get rid of the existing townies in your hood.

Edit: I'm not sure what you mean by that last part. Do you want to ban Humble and the Witches? Those aren't affected by the mods you stated in the original post, and there are other NPCs like the Charlatan that won't be stopped by those mods either. MATY has nohumble, Squinge has No More Witches, and Cyjon has No Wolves among other choices, if you need them. The Visitor Controller can also be used to ban certain NPCs, which prevents them from spawning in-game if you ban them prior to their creation.