Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pregnancy wear anything mod is wonky...
I've discovered a few years too late that Squinge's pregnantwearanything(?) mod is trash somehow, for a long time I was using a number of mods including the inteen, insim, the super nude patch simblender for some time along with wearanything mod. In that time I couldn't use the wardrobes to plan or change clothes for all my sims from the children up to elders. Every time my mouse hovered over any wardrobe be it custom or maxis it would give me an error dialogue making them completely useless for years. But recently I did a full spring cleaning of my downloads folder only keeping the the inteen and simblender thinking that the insim was the culprit then I got rid of the super nude patch thinking the get naked option was messing with it, I ran the HCDU plenty of times but it never said anything about squinge's mod messing with anything but the inteen sure was battling itself.. in the end I did a bit more research than I did when I first got it and found out that the it's not compatible with the inteen and I didn't hesitate to get rid of the mod thinking that the inteen would pick up the slack and it does not.

I'm sure you're wondering "what's she getting at" and here's my problem... I hate, I mean hate the stupid default maxis maternity outfit those stupid pants... The even stupider shoes and that outdated top, like um hello, get with it. What i would like to know is anyone knows what I'm missing or mucking up or if there's another supported or not mod that will play nice the inteen I will admit that I dont know how to make a default replacement of anything. despite having the SimPE and Milkshape I have no idea what to do with either of them, I'm no good at making custom anything even if I have tutorial in front of me.

I have read whatever I could find about this mod and it seems like it works for the rest of the world yet I don't see how it would... Well any help or advice is more than welcome
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:58 PM
You can download default maternity outfits. You don't have to make your own.

I've seen people have Inteen like functions and use the "wear anything" mod, but this game is sufficiently complex that chaos theory applies, even before you add in mods and individual systems. It's possible there's some other conflicting mod that you just don't recognize as being related in any way, and it's even possible that there's something about the way your computer is set up that uniquely impacts the situation. I know, it doesn't sound likely; but thousands of people used Cyjon's "Slower LTA Gain" without a problem before a couple of us here found out that it froze the vacation clock for us. Cyjon likened this to the toilets flushing when you flicked the light switch, and it was only a small number of people. So forget about expecting things to "make sense."

This really belongs in WCIF. What you want is an alternative "wear anything" mod for pregnant sims, or defaults that you like. Check the default database - it's not perfect, but it's a start. https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3 Old 2nd May 2018 at 6:25 PM
If you are ok w/ Maxis clothing you might take a look at this. I do believe that you need squinges wear anything mod, or one like it to allow a sim to wear clothes other than the default maternity. I use squinges mod w/ these and they work fine.

Then there is the option as Peni says of usin defaults that will override the default maxis ones. However, keep in mind you will need to get a default for each maxis outfit or you will get what they give.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 2nd May 2018 at 8:09 PM
Make sure the "wear anything" mod is loading after Inteen. It will cause problems otherwise. I have both, with the "wear anything" mod being the very last mod (of ~1000, literally) that I have, and all is well. Assuming that you have nothing else that conflicts with either Inteen or the "wear anything" mod, all should be well with you, too.

(And yes, Inteen conflicts with itself. It's deliberately designed to do so, especially if you have Flavor Paks installed. So long as everything's installed per the instructions, you are fine.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2018 at 9:37 PM
Put a Z in front of the text (zPregnancyWearAnyOutfit) and put it in the Downlaods folder (not subfoldered). This works fine for me. Files not subfoldered + last in the alphabet will load last.

The only issue I've noticed is that adult females occasionally don't get all clothing options (everyday occasionally disappears for some sims), but I use the Insim Wardrobe Adjuster, so this doesn't bother me at all.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:04 AM
Inteen starts with a I, so PregnancyWearAnyOutfit will load after all the Inteen packages anyway.
There is no z in front of mine, in my Downloads folder. Works fine for me as well.
Though I have a z for this : zBO - PlanMaternityOutfit-GLOBAL.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Space Pony
#7 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:32 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 4th May 2018 at 4:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
If you are ok w/ Maxis clothing you might take a look at this. .

Just in case, if you ARE using this one , do not use any default replacemement chlothing. As this is one by itself and you can only have one per chlothing.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 4th May 2018 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Inteen starts with a I, so PregnancyWearAnyOutfit will load after all the Inteen packages anyway.
There is no z in front of mine, in my Downloads folder. Works fine for me as well.

This all depends on whether or not you have your mods subfoldered, though. Sure, if you just throw everything in one folder called "Mods," then the files will load in the right order "naturally." But if you use subfolders, then everything in subfolders loads before anything that isn't in subfolders, so if you've got the "wear anything" mod in a subfolder and Inteen not it one, then "wear anything" will load before Inteen, which will screw things up. For me, Inteen is one of the last mods that loads, even though it's somewhat closer to the beginning of the alphabet. This is accomplished with an array of bizarrely-named subfolders that puts mods into a precise order necessary for all 1000+ mods to work together happily, with all the features I want of each mod working properly while some features that I don't want or don't really care about don't actually work anymore because subsequently-loading mods nuke those features by conflicting (but not "fatally" or by causing jump bugs) with them.

So, depending on if/how you've organized your mods, it CAN work with the files named as-is. Or it CAN work if you "just put a z in the beginning of the filename." But the real answer is, "'X' needs to load after 'Y'" according to how you have your mods organized. That's why I always say pretty much exactly that. How an individual makes that happen is up to them because it's totally dependent on if/how they've organized their files.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Oh of course iCad, and thanks for the precision.
I just assumed that Inteen and all mods that might conflict with it, should be in the same folder. So I have them all loose in Downloads. What I will subfold, is everything else that does not need any particular load order.
Or, I will subfold 2 or 3 mods together in a folder, because together, they need one loading before the other.
Was silly to assume, I admit.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
depending on if/how you've organized your mods, it CAN work with the files named as-is. Or it CAN work if you "just put a z in the beginning of the filename." But the real answer is, "'X' needs to load after 'Y'" according to how you have your mods organized. That's why I always say pretty much exactly that. How an individual makes that happen is up to them because it's totally dependent on if/how they've organized their files.

I usually dump all my CC in the downloads folder because of laziness, so all my mods are mingly with each other heh
So would it be best to put the inteen in a subfolder and the the wear anything mod in the downloads folder?
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HonMeirin
I usually dump all my CC in the downloads folder because of laziness, so all my mods are mingly with each other heh
So would it be best to put the inteen in a subfolder and the the wear anything mod in the downloads folder?

If you use mods at all, I would highly recommend putting ALL of them in a subfolder of your Downloads. Call it "Mods" or something. If you acquire a lot of gameplay-altering mods -- as opposed to just content like clothing/hair or build/buy stuff -- you will probably have to fiddle with load order at some point, and if everything's all jumbled together in a single folder, then doing that can be difficult. After that, you might also try backing up your neighborhood(s) -- just copy the Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder and paste it on your desktop -- and temporarily removing everything from your downloads EXCEPT mods and then running a pregnancy to see if the issue still persists. Then, exit and restore your backup. Sometimes, it's not a mod conflict at all but a bad piece of CC that messes things up. If you test with only your mods in, then you will know whether or not this is the case for you and fixing it will require systematically testing your CC rather than fussing with the mods.

All that being said, if everything you have is all in one folder and you haven't renamed any files, then like Rosebine said, Inteen and "wear anything" ought to "naturally" load in the right order. So I'm going to guess that you have something else that's screwing things up, and if it isn't a bad piece of CC, then it's likely a mod conflict which may or may not be resolved by load order. (Some things just can't be used together at all, especially where Inteen is involved.) You said that you've run the HCDU. Seeing its results may or may not help us to see what's going on with this. (I say "may or may not" because it's not infallible and, also, no one has comprehensive knowledge of every mod out there and how they interact with others.) Can you rerun the HCDU and post up the results? Also, your problem could be a result of using mods that are the wrong version of them (i.e., meant for older or newer EPs than what you have), so please let us know what your newest EP is. ("Newest" being determined by "when EA released them" not "when you purchased/installed them.")

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2018 at 1:39 AM
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions!! putting the inteenimater in a subfolder worked for me, and now the get runs as smoothly as it did ten years ago hehe
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:48 AM
All defaults should be in their own folder and all mods also in their own folder. It pays to be far more organized than that though, having buy mod, build mode and body shop folders. Tossing it all in, when you get trouble (this is minor) makes it much harder to fix. If you use much cc at all, trust me you will get issues, be it a crashing counter, a blouse that stops your sim getting a job or just a jump bug. If you have only 20 files or so you can probably get away without having lots of labelled folders. I have 12 Gigs of content and over 4 thousand folders in there with most downloads having its own folder, and trust me it still isn't well organized.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 2:06 AM
So I tried to download Squinge's EP3 (my computer is sooo slow I can only have Uni and NL running) and I get a jump bug. Is there any cure? I had a different default maternity outfit, but it went wonky on me for some reason (as did one workout outfit. Like the mesh got buggered up somehow) so I'm trying to find a solution to blocky pregnant Sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 2:13 AM
There is nothing wrong with Squinge's pregnantwearanything and it certainly isn't 'trash'. Seriously rereading that first post annoyed me all over again. <_<

@Desmei You could have made your own post rather than using someone else's. Turn on testing cheats and see if you can get an error report. Messed up meshes means something is clashing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 3:54 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2019 at 4:22 AM.
Defaults weirding out has nothing to do with squinge's mod. Removing the wonky default file should fix things for you.

Isn'r NL ep2? Pretty sure OFB is ep3. Not sure if the ep3 mod is backwards compatible. Have you checked if there is an earlier version?

Mine has zzz in front and is placed directly in the dl folder, to ensure it loads last of all. I don't get any errors even with testingcheats enabled. Make sure you use the newest available mod that's compatible with your game configuration.

And what do you mean by "blocky"? If they get a blocky look, make sure to check your grqphic settings.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 4:04 AM
I don't even have a zz in front of it, but that is probably because I don't have Inteen. I have used it for years and never had an issue with it.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Defaults weirding out has nothing to do with squinge's mod. Removing the wonky default file should fix things for you.

Isn'r NL ep2? Pretty sure OFB is ep3. Not sure if the ep3 mod is backwards compatible. Have you checked if there is an earlier version?

Then what is Uni? Is base game considered 0?

And what do you mean by "blocky"? If they get a blocky look, make sure to check your grqphic settings.

Mmmm, used to be a cute dress, this one: http://www.modthesims.info/d/529420...collection.html but all of a sudden, it's like they're wearing the mesh only, I guess? It's like a top and shorts, and they've lost definition in their hands. I've touched NOTHING on my graphics settings, and everything else is fine, sooo...? I'm baffled. I've even tried replacing the whole thing, but it does the same thing again.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 2:54 PM
Do you have a picture?

Could be that the game has reverted to the low-def version for some reason. Make sure the default file isn't too deep in your Downloads folder.

There are EP1+EP2 versions here: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7238 - you can try the EP2 version. There are Inteen versions too, but I don't know if they'll work for newer versions of Inteen (may only be compatible with an EP2 version of Inteen).
Hack Mastah
#20 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 8:58 PM
I clearly stated for the EP8 version **Do not use this mod with the Inteenimater** maybe you should have read the mod description