Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
MTS Content stealers
Hi all. It's just been three days since I joined, but I've made this thread to alert others about content stealers. I read the goth sim pictures thread and read about this weirdo trying to steal other content and I agree with Nina. I'll be helping Nina and others try and find people who are trying to steal our content.

Icy
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:33 PM
Nobody would really want to steal my stuff

I tried to help that person too.....*anger*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:35 PM
Yeah. I mean, why not work hard and do things themselves? There's no point trying to steal stuff if you already know you're gonna be banned.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:13 PM
Someone steal my water park and put in the exchange...
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:07 PM
Personally, I'd consider it flattering if somebody thought my work was good enough to pass it off as their own. You know I always say, "Remember kids, don't put anything on the internet that you don't want thousands of people to claim as their own "

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:51 AM
I wonder if anyone has stolen my stuff yet.........
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 9:38 AM
Probably....your stuff is great
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:37 AM
I hope nobody stole my stuff. There not that great, but still...

Can anyone check the Exchange for me? I can't register.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:37 AM
There's still about 7 people now on the exchange who claim my work is theirs, I've tried contacting them, but there isn't much else I can do. Some have been nice enough to take it down and apologize. These days, I don't do much random web surfing on these sites anymore, so I don't notice when my crap is stolen. But there are some seriously great people here at MTS2 who go on these websites all the time and they PM me when they see something of mine that someone stole. They are teh awesome.

Yes, it's flattering, but somehow I still feel pissed off when people claim my work is theirs. Y'know? You're lying if you say you don't love recognition for things you do. Making sim content is no different. But, as long as there are creative people out there, there will always be some talentless ass waiting around the corner to steal their work.

x a m y x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 11:43 AM
Ouch. I think the MTS is a site to SHARE stuff, not show-off and steal.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:40 PM
Yeah... I've asked for different people (because I don't wasnt to make a Sims 2 Exchange account) to report several sims that were using my stuff with or without credit (I don't care because in my policy I say DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE EXCHANGE) Gahh!!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:46 PM
Hm... I'm going to have to check it out.. I haven't really ever been on there....but I registered one of my games ages ago...so I'll take a look around. If I find any of my stuff on there...I'm going to be royally annoyed.........

I did have a problem a month ago with a website using a dress of mine on a gift sim......they apologized though and took it down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
Yeah... I've asked for different people (because I don't wasnt to make a Sims 2 Exchange account) to report several sims that were using my stuff with or without credit (I don't care because in my policy I say DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE EXCHANGE) Gahh!!

Huh. Yeah. It's pretty annoying when you see your stuff at the exchange, then you'd be like "ooook. This weirdo's just crossed the line."
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:15 PM
It is especially annoying when you have an open TOU and the one thing you ask is to not have your stuff on the exchange......