Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 8:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to make Downloads folder update itself after uninstalling cc from Launcher?
Hello,

I've decided on a cleaning spree on my Downloads folder and uninstalled a bunch of cc from the Launcher. My Downloads folder was at 5.82 GB before I started, and I was surprised to see it was still at 5.82 when I was done. When I checked inside, I saw that all of the CC I had deleted via Launcher still had the sims3packs inside the Downloads folder. Weren't they supposed to go away after I uninstalled from the Launcher? Or was I supposed to delete them all separately after uninstalling? If you know of a way to make the PC understand those files are now uninstalled, so it can update the Downloads folder, I would be a very happy. Thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:14 PM
You can delete your downloads via the Launcher under the "downloads" tab. Or just take them out of that folder, delete them or save them if you change your mind and want them back later (better then trying to find them all again).
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 8:55 PM
The Downloads folder is simply the spot where the Launcher looks for Sims3packs to install. What you do with them after they have been installed is entirely up to you, although it's generally a good idea to take the installed Sims3packs out so that the launcher doesn't have to read them to see if they have already been installed.

It's the DCCache files that hold the CC that has been installed with the Launcher, and they are what is affected when you uninstall something. (Although it has been said that the only way to be sure something has been removed is to delete the DCCache that holds it, and then reinstall everything that you wanted to keep. Otherwise the game just doesn't read the part of the file that has been uninstalled. I trust the sources, but I've never bothered to check file sizes before and after uninstalling things so I can't confirm it from my own experience.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook