Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 10:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom created rug texture overlaps through objects shadows (SimPE)
Hi! I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I need help with a custom rug that I'm creating for a specific purpose and I can't seem to find a way around some problems I encountered during the creation. That's why I'm posting this here instead of the Sims 2 Creation Feedback forum, since I'm not really asking for feedback, as much as I'm asking for help

So I'm going to talk a little about the idea behind this object: basically since there's now mods that allows us to transfer pool water shaders into the pounds water, but to be able to do so we need to build 2 little pool tiles in the corners of the pound, I thought that it would be nice to have a rug that uses the textures of the default terrain of the neighborhood that could then be placed using cheats above the pool tile in order to hide it as much as possible. So what I did is that I cloned a Seasons 2x2 rug and replaced its texture, which was the easy part. Then I had to mess around with some parts of the TXMT file to make the texture match the terrain as much as possible, which took a couple of tries since I'm not very familiar with SimPE and/or object creation in general... but I succeeded! But now I have some issues that I'm just not familiar with AT ALL and I can't find any help online, so... here we are

I'm going to post a couple of pictures underneath that explain my problem in details. I tried to test the object as much as possible and then toke shots of everything before coming here, so I'm sorry for the pic spam, but I hope it will help in identifying what kind of help I need to solve these problems (there's two of them) :

(sorry I realize this picture is a bit too dark )

I should note that I use a lighting mod , so that can also be affecting this in some way I guess. I hope someone will be able to help me with this. But thanks to everyone who has read this till the end.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 10:49 PM
That's the object creation help forum --> http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=114
And that's the entire creation help forum --> http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=555
For the next time you need creation help

Anyway, this kinda explains how to remove sun shadows, if you have issues with that: http://modthesims.info/t/361414
Couldn't find anything for snow.

I don't mess around a lot with rugs, but it is possible a flat, slightly bigger than 1x1 square, single-sided mesh as a regular deco object wouldn't give you these problems, particularly if you find one that doesn't take on snow. I'm guessing you gave the rug an invisible texture instead of actually remeshing, and this is what's causing the snow problem. The snow doesn't care that the texture is invisible.

If that's a problem too, try either having the object at exactly floor level or lowering the object just a teeny bit down from floor level, so it's still grabbable from the pool square. Not sure if you can do something about the snow covering the object, but at least it might be less noticeable.