Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 1st Nov 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Announcing the Advent of MTS Competitions!
Hello Fellow MTSers! Today we are excited to announce a new wave of MTS Competitions!

What's happening: MTS will by hosting bi-monthly competitions which will include BOTH creating challenges and photo contests! Back by popular request, this month we will be hosting our third annual Calendar Competition. This year the theme is Lol Sims, but I'll let Heaven and missroxor talk more about that in the entry threads. This November we are running a Calendar Competition, in January look for a Create Competition, and another Photo Competition in March. This pattern will repeat, so mark your schedules!

How do I join? We have 2 competition threads up and running, one for The Sims 2 and the other for The Sims 3. You may enter one or both of them. You have all of November to get your entries in, but take note of the time zones! For future Create Competitions, you will just need to upload your entry, and get it through moderation. We might also require you to include a #searchtag of some sort.

Judging: A panel of MTS Staff will be judging all competition entries. The judging criteria will be made public at the start of each competition. Usual criteria will include high quality images and relevance to the topic. 1 in 10 entries will be chosen as a winner, so your odds are great! (much better than any lottery I've ever heard of!)

Prizes: For the winners of the competitions we have a special in game item! It's been converted for both TS2 and TS3, and they work mostly identical to each other. Now, it's not just a silly looking light, it does stuff! I'm not going to get into all the details yet, but it helps your sims with skilling, because you had to have put in the dedication, motivation, and concentration to win the competition, so now your sims can have a bit of that drive too. You will also receive a pretty blue ribbon icon above your avatar. (Like mine! See?) Thirdly, everyone entering will earn a snazzy red competition sticker in the Achievements panel of your profile page. The winners will get the purple one.

What about the rest of us? Everyone (even those *not* competing) will be able to download the new MTS in game calendars. Future Photo Competitions will also have the winners' images made into in game items. Create Competitions will of course have loads of new topic related content to download, so stick around, lots of new goodies are coming your way!
21 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:11 PM
Are there any current plans to release the completed calander as a physical item that WE can hang in our homes at all if it is ready before the new year?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Interstellar Traveler
#3 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are there any current plans to release the completed calander as a physical item that WE can hang in our homes at all if it is ready before the new year?

I believe they did that last year.. so, they very well could do it this year

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 6:36 PM
We've never done an actual physical calendar though.....

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Interstellar Traveler
#5 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 8:45 PM
Ah! Sorry! lol I was thinking about the printable calendars. They could always create them at Lulu or something if they truly wanted to make a physical calendar.. but, of course, that would cost about $20 for each calendar.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:12 PM
I'm pumped :DDD this is going to be fun!!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
You will also receive a pretty blue ribbon icon under your avatar. (Like mine! See?)

If I'm not incorrect, that ribbon is, in fact, ABOVE your avatar. But anyways, this looks like fun! And OOH SHINY LAMPY OBJECT @-@
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
If I'm not incorrect, that ribbon is, in fact, ABOVE your avatar. But anyways, this looks like fun! And OOH SHINY LAMPY OBJECT @-@
You are correct, that's what I get for typing the post without looking at where they go. :P
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:49 AM
Ooooh coming up with all kinds of awesome new ideas from this contest.. just wondering--and this is a stupid question-- but is CC allowed? Some contests don't allow that, right? Thanks for the info

Wishing you happy Simming! May all your games be custom, and may you have many beautifully decorated moodlets:3
PeachGirl27
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peachgirl27
Ooooh coming up with all kinds of awesome new ideas from this contest.. just wondering--and this is a stupid question-- but is CC allowed? Some contests don't allow that, right? Thanks for the info

Wishing you happy Simming! May all your games be custom, and may you have many beautifully decorated moodlets:3
PeachGirl27

I'm not sure where one can read this but it specifically says that you can use CC as long as it isn't paid content (Includes Store Content I think, as you need simpoints and you pay for simpoints...) Anyway, good luck everyone! I joined, but I dun think I'll win x)
Oh well. It's fun. xD

-Signatures must be five lines or less including spaces, please read the forum rules-
Mother Function
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:52 PM
You bring up a good point ^

Traditionally we treat store content as if it were EP/SP content. So it's technically considered "free".

However, it would be good to have some clarification.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:40 PM
A good place to ask would be in the Calendar threads themselves. Heaven and missroxor are in charge of the specific rules for the Calendar contests, so they would be able to give a definitive answer.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:52 PM
Haha I thought I was askibg a stupid question, but apparently no one else knows either! Too funny.. where's the official calendar message board? I thought that this was it
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:56 PM
It's not a stupid question, its just that you are asking in the wrong place. I'm not running the calendar competition, Heaven and missroxor are, so you should ask them in their threads, one for TS2 and another for TS3.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 1:38 AM
Awesome, thanks so much! Really excited to start on this calendar! The "LOL Sims" theme sounds so fun
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
You bring up a good point ^

Traditionally we treat store content as if it were EP/SP content. So it's technically considered "free".

However, it would be good to have some clarification.

Ohh... Okay I didn't know that x)
I just thought because of the simpoints it's paid content or something...

-Signatures must be five lines or less including spaces, please read the forum rules-
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:53 AM
Woo! I love in-game photography! See how many random TS3 pics I can take and annotate, cause my sense of humour is generally funnier than a few years ago, at least people GET my jokes now : P and its not just cause Ireallywantshinylightbulbthing!!!! =D

Just Call me Square!
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:07 PM
Well I love the calender contests, the photos are always amazing. Just a curiosity, if we did want to have a actual calender for our real homes, like Menaceman asked about, maybe you could give us a "link" to download and print on our own cost as a option. I know I would do it, I am sure there are free calender programs out there in cyber land. I am excited to see what TS3 community comes up with since Seasons is coming out next week.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:34 AM
Default :)
Super