Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#426 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 24th Feb 2018 at 11:15 PM.
@gdayars I do have SkyFix installed. Maybe that's it. I'll remove it and test if the water works properly right now.

EDIT: Still nothing. Looks like I'll have to give up Pond & Sea Water Overhaul, at least for the contest. Bummer, I really liked the neighbourhood water...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#427 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
So we only have one day to finish our lots? Is that timer correct?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#428 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:01 PM
no I have to change the timer yet, that means I have one day to get playalongs comments in :P
Field Researcher
#429 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
Oh thank goodness! Haha. When is our deadline? Thanks @gdayars.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#430 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:19 PM
Mad Poster
#431 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:21 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM.
What the ...?

I've been busily working on my Plan A lot, preparing it just in case all Hell breaks loose again. The lot was created in a lot-only game. NO Sims have set foot in any of the hoods in this game. Not the hood. The game. I have two variations of the same game: one with Sims and one without. The one with the Sims is my testing game for routing. This one I'm using is absolutely NOT the one with the Sims.

I go into the lot in the unplayed game after making a few changes, only to find one bartender (which is odd because there are two bars) and music coming out of the speaker. I did not switch the games at any point.

Luckily ... I think ... I had an almost-duplicate created a few doors down from the affected one, and this one has no NPCs. I removed the bars now just in case, will put them in at the last minute, then repackaged the lot. The problem with this one, though, is that it's been thoroughly custom-terrained.

If I recall, you can remove custom terrain with Lot Adjuster. Has that caused anyone any problems? I also think you can remove ALL terrain with a cheat. I shouldn't really have to because I have the terrain in my good game, but I don't like packaging lots with custom terrain.

Also, am I going to bork some vast EA plan or kill my hood if I bulldoze the lot with the very unwanted bartender on it? What on earth is he even doing in an unplayed lot? I really don't want the photobomber in my pictures, nor would I want to do anything that could even remotely corrupt my good game or even my test lot game.

EDIT ... Went back into the mysterious building in the game (I didn't save the game with the photobomber in it). No NPC this time. No music coming out of speakers. Looks perfectly fine. This game is messing with me, isn't it? I should have taken a picture!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#432 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:36 PM
Sometimes objects that call an npc will go "live" on a community lot like that. Fountains will too, and the restaurant stove.
Mad Poster
#433 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:40 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Feb 2018 at 7:55 AM.
Anything to worry about when packaging it for my good game? I usually like to clean out Sim references before packaging, even if it's overkill, so perhaps that will ensure Mr. Bartender won't give me any more surprises. I suppose a good Orb-ing doesn't hurt. That should do it, right?

Also, I now make it a point, whether uploading it for my own use or for here, to NOT include an NPC-producing item in my lots. That was one reason why I warned people here about Naftali's stove. When the lot is settled and I've tweaked it for my hood, THEN I'll put in the NPC-related content.

Thanks for ensuring me I haven't gone totally delusional.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Sometimes objects that call an npc will go "live" on a community lot like that. Fountains will too, and the restaurant stove.

Well, this is good to know. That would freak me out, and I'd think my whole game was irrevocably borked.

I only just did a massive realism overhaul, and I'm in play mode cruising along thinking to myself, "Just wait for it. It's all going to go up in smoke any minute. You know it will!"

AKA. Anora Acadian
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#435 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM
I would just clean sim references and not worry about it @gazania
Top Secret Researcher
#436 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:22 AM
Me, just after breakfast: "I'll just pop online to find a better wallpaper". Two hours and several downloads later...
My lot is getting there. I really wish some cc would say how much things are in game. Still trying to scrimp and save. Can't afford some ideas I had.

I really need to do housework but meh.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#437 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:29 AM
@yavannatw open package in SimPE go to OBJD data

click on it, click the line in the top right panel look down below in plug in view. Catalog sort tells you where it is found. Raw data tab, when you click on it, go to the right and select data, go down to Catalog price. It tells you the price If you want to change the price, you can do it there. then hit commit and save.
Top Secret Researcher
#438 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@yavannatw open package in SimPE go to OBJD data

click on it, click the line in the top right panel look down below in plug in view. Catalog sort tells you where it is found. Raw data tab, when you click on it, go to the right and select data, go down to Catalog price. It tells you the price If you want to change the price, you can do it there. then hit commit and save.

I meant before I download it
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#439 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
oh sorry :P

but still a quick mini tutorial :D
Mad Poster
#440 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
If you see an NPC in a lot, just close the lot without saving and go back in. The NPC should be gone. If you're building in an empty hood, you can double-check by looking in the Characters file for that hood. As long as it's empty you're cool.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#441 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
@gdayars I do have SkyFix installed. Maybe that's it. I'll remove it and test if the water works properly right now.

EDIT: Still nothing. Looks like I'll have to give up Pond & Sea Water Overhaul, at least for the contest. Bummer, I really liked the neighbourhood water...

That should have worked. How the mod works is that it brings the shaders used for the pool (and beaches) onto an ordinary lot - it's why you have to place the pool squares. Do you normally get light reflecting in the more dynamic way on a pool you lay down? If not, I think it's possibly your game settings or video card which are the problem. Show us a picture of a larger pool on a lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#442 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:36 AM
@maxon When I open the game again, I'll be sure to take pictures of a pool.

I'm pretty much done with my build for the second round. My original idea was to build a nightclub, but after I went bowling last Friday night, my mind built the lot without even opening The Sims. The interior was all done, I just didn't have an idea for the exterior. A quick google search for "desert archictecture" and I found a building that inspired my lot - this house. Here's a small preview of my bowling alley:

The idea for the exterior is that this building is a spot to rest your eyes during the harsh desert sunlight, with dark walls as to not burn your eyes.
I really thought that this build was going to be too ambitious for the budget, yet somehow I managed to stay 300 simoleons below the limit. What a relief!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#443 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:38 AM
Lol now they will change everything to $1 :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#444 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Lol now they will change everything to $1 :P

Too much like cheating to me (although it is tempting... but no).
Forum Resident
#445 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I get around that by using decorative TVs. It's a vacation, you Sims. Get away from the TV and go sightseeing somewhere, or watch TV in the main lodge. You can watch TV at home. Plus, I get about 30% less aggravation with Freezy. Win-win. (Also, Freezy needs lots of room. No one-tile access areas. Anywhere. Freezy gravitates to them. Freezy WILL find them.)
There are decorative computers. (That is the manager's office, you Stupid Sim. It is not your private place to play Sims 3!).

FREEZY WILL FIND THEM omg you're killing me! I suppose my host is Freezy's relative! Of all the nearby two-tile-spaced tables he could present, he goes to the furthest and narrowest table at the back end of the lot. WHYYYYYYYYY
and thank you for the heads up on the decorative electronics! Although I like putting offices in community lots so my sims can own them one day, I do not put computers in them. Because for the love of all things good --- these sims. They waltz right in to the staff only zone just to play on the computer. What are you doing?! You're here to shop for clothes cos you decided to grow up with socks and sandals on in a town always covered in snow!
As for the no TVs in hotels, I wholeheartedly agree. Unless it's specifically for a staycation (a.k.a. everyone at home is annoying) I won't put a TV there. Sims pls. You didn't pay thousands of simoleons to go somewhere far to watch TV.
Instructor
#446 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:41 AM
gdayars thank you for your help.. :lovestruc I have the graphics card is a nvidia

Just let me know when you can help..right now I am Skyping with someone and trying the Reshade thing..just waiting on her to get her game up and running in like 15 mins or more lol..and then we will be finishing up with that..

My id for Skype is Broomhilda B.. just get on and give me a holler..whenever you can..thank you again for your help..

I have the flu and I really look worse than normal right now..so don't go into shock when you see me.. and to top things off I have mold, mildew, and mushrooms growing out of the floor under the bathroom vanity..so that don't help me either with the flu..stupid slum lords..it's raining here and also have a leak in the window of the patio door and water all over the floor..and a lot of clothes and towels keeping it from coming in further..and live in a basement apartment..so a lot of moisture here as well..I trusted Section 8 and now am so sick..I have been here since Dec..and him and the Section 8 has done nothing..sorry I am venting..

I just can't lay around a lot or sit for long periods of time..so I am up and down a lot..sorry..
Forum Resident
#447 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:47 AM
@Yvelotic2001 btw, is your game set to Reflections ON? My water turns completely black if I turn it off.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#448 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:54 AM
sent you a request @Broomhilda61
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#449 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:57 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Feb 2018 at 12:15 PM.
Play Along Comments

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#450 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback @joandsarah77! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thanks for the compliments and I'll put your criticism to use.

I'm actually all finished with my build for round 2, which is funny because I was absolutely sure I had no ambition nor any inspiration to build anything worth looking at, but here I am after about three hours of effort and 99,960 (I think) simoleons in the toilet and the round hasn't even officially started.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.

Page 18 of 59