Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM
Default Modding ambient sounds from one world into another?
Alright, so for a few years now I've been trying to get the ambient nighttime ocean sounds from Isla Paradiso to custom worlds. I've only managed to add ambient daytime bird and cricket sounds + nighttime cricket sounds, after realizing that they are linked to trees. It was just simple extract and import the sound files with S3PE. But doing the same with the ocean files - which I think are the right ones - didn't work. Also, those sounds are somehow linked to the full moon phase, since they are only present then. The sounds also remains, even though hidden islands are discovered.

I have a small test world with Isla trees, one hidden island, Isla weather, all the sound files and the UNKN 0x296A6258 from Isla. Also tested with WPID 0xF609FD60 from Isla. Most interesting files to me are "layer_amb_fullmoon_island%%+AUDT.audtun" and "tp_obj_ambocean%%+AUDT.audtun". Not sure if they're really that important, though. The latter file seems to hint towards an object... perhaps?

So, does anyone think this thing is somehow moddable and how can I do that?

Original thread and S3PE files lists here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ost#post5337244
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM
There are special ocean sounds in Isla paradiso? But they're there only during the full moon?

So if cricket + bird sounds are linked to trees, could the ocean noises be linked to isla paradiso object? perhaps to the mooring post or maybe a houseboat lot etc.?

So can any custom world get those cricket and bird noises just by placing trees? Or do you have to extract those files into your world files AND then place trees?

Sorry I'm not helpful, but I got curious. I have never thought about these things before.

I'm just wondering how the game handles the ambient noises that come with high rise buildings.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:48 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
There are special ocean sounds in Isla paradiso? But they're there only during the full moon?

So if cricket + bird sounds are linked to trees, could the ocean noises be linked to isla paradiso object? perhaps to the mooring post or maybe a houseboat lot etc.?

So can any custom world get those cricket and bird noises just by placing trees? Or do you have to extract those files into your world files AND then place trees?

Sorry I'm not helpful, but I got curious. I have never thought about these things before.

I'm just wondering how the game handles the ambient noises that come with high rise buildings.

The full moon ocean sounds include low rumbling sound, bats, wolf howl, nightime bird sound and this eerie halloween'ish sound. So, they're not really "water" sounds but can be heard at/from the ocean. Not really that clear at the inner parts of the islands.

Well, my test world had no trees at first but after adding the IP trees, I started to hear birds and crickets. At that point I had already imported the extracted IP tree/insect sound files to that world. Also, one the sound files were canine sounds at fall, so I changed the season to fall and heard those dogs sounds during sunset. I haven't played in other neighborhoods in a long time but I don't remember hearing those bird/cricket sounds in other towns. And the files are straight from IP world file. I haven't yet tested wheather any trees outside IP triggers those sounds with/or without IP imported files.

You can test in your game just by moving close to the trees and listening. The bird chirping and crickets are easily heard.

Highrise ambient sounds are tied to those highrise shells.

Hmm.... mooring post. I'm going to add one houseboat and a mooring post and see what happens.

EDIT: Well, the mooring post and harbor/houseboat did nothing. It was worth a try.

- Also added both dive caves and both large kelps + all the corals + dive buoy. Nothing.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
The full moon ocean sounds include low rumbling sound, bats, wolf howl, nightime bird sound and this eerie halloween'ish sound. So, they're not really "water" sounds but can be heard at/from the ocean. Not really that clear at the inner parts of the islands.

This reminds me of the time when we got apartments and witches in the same expansion pack cos those things clearly go together!

Why would island paradiso add eerie sounds just to that neighbourhood only and why wouldn't these sounds be in the moonlight falls, since its theme is supernaturals.. and why wolf noises? It's a tropical island. Try tiger sounds! And why any of these sounds origin from the sea I got so many questions and it got me to think are if these sounds present for all island paradiso owners or just players who also got supernaturals? or was moon phases patched for all players and not just for those with supernaturals?

How are the bird and cricket sounds linked to the trees? with a script?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by varpunen : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM.
This reminds me of the time when we got apartments and witches in the same expansion pack cos those things clearly go together!

Why would island paradiso add eerie sounds just to that neighbourhood only and why wouldn't these sounds be in the moonlight falls, since its theme is supernaturals.. and why wolf noises? It's a tropical island. Try tiger sounds! And why any of these sounds origin from the sea I got so many questions and it got me to think are if these sounds present for all island paradiso owners or just players who also got supernaturals? or was moon phases patched for all players and not just for those with supernaturals?

How are the bird and cricket sounds linked to the trees? with a script?

I guess EA wanted to make the hidden islands more mysterious, sims living in the house boats and of course the Kraken being around... I noticed that you have the IP EP. Have you ever listened how lovely those sounds are? As for the sound files... I believe they are only for those who actually own the IP. I never heard them when SN EP came out, only after IP was released.

I also thought about those crickets and birds being triggered by trees but for the life of me I cannot figure out the object for the ocean sounds, if there is one. I have tried rocks, deco objects, rabbit holes (including resort tower/buildings)... even ocean wave effects from caw. It would make things so much easier if those files just had some information about them. Or maybe they do but I just don't how to read them.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:35 AM
I haven't played much after the pets came out and haven't played in the EA worlds at all but I did went to test, and wow isla paradiso is very laggy and im too lazy to get the fixes. Really something EA should fix and not me. Anyway, yes the sounds were nice but also kinda very specific as they only showed up during full moon. I usually disable full moon.

Yeah, I don't know of program that could open those files. I'm wondering if the instructions for the game when those clips are played are in the libraries but that requires a person who can understand C#
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM Last edited by varpunen : 6th Feb 2018 at 9:53 AM.
I haven't played much after the pets came out and haven't played in the EA worlds at all but I did went to test, and wow isla paradiso is very laggy and im too lazy to get the fixes. Really something EA should fix and not me. Anyway, yes the sounds were nice but also kinda very specific as they only showed up during full moon. I usually disable full moon.

Yeah, I don't know of program that could open those files. I'm wondering if the instructions for the game when those clips are played are in the libraries but that requires a person who can understand C#

I like to keep the days between the full moon down to one.

Anyway, yeah, they are somehow linked to that moon phase. I'll keep trying but the trigger keeps eluding me big time.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
Definitely interested in this, been thinking of ways to copy Al Simhara's desert noises into desert worlds.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Definitely interested in this, been thinking of ways to copy Al Simhara's desert noises into desert worlds.

Have you tested whether those egypt AUD+AUDT files (birds, insects, wind) work just by exporting/importing them to another world? If they are triggered by trees like in IP?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
Haven't tried that yet, but I think wasset-aseskara tried it and it didn't work.

It is definitely possible to overwrite some of the basegame sounds, but it's a fairly tedious process.

Wojtek did it here:

http://modthesims.info/t/576398
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM
What a shame these noises aren't just something we can pull up with fog emitter I'd love to have these sounds in custom worlds
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:42 AM
Buzzler did have a shell sound emitter:

http://modthesims.info/d/450059

Unfortunately none for ambient sounds though.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Buzzler did have a shell sound emitter:

http://modthesims.info/d/450059

Unfortunately none for ambient sounds though.

Ah yes I do have an interest in this! I'd love to have an isolated cricket sound Thanks for the link!