Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 3:33 PM
Default Simulation lag
Hello! So, I'm not too sure where to start..

I didn't want to post in WCIF in case it's not a mod I need to fix this, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.
Basically, my family is a few generations in now. I've been playing this family for a good couple of days and very recently noticed the common "simulation lag" where sims will sometimes basically stand still for (sometimes) sim hours at a time when being directed to an interaction. This is mostly common when I try to change the speed. I'm aware there is a mod that fixes said "simulation lag" but I've had that mod in my game for a while now and apparently, it's out of date and doesn't seem to be working like it should.

Simply put: I'm in desperate need of a resolution for fixing this horrible "simulation lag". Are there any special "cleanup" mods that will help with this? Or a method/program that I can use to clean up my game?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:02 PM
I have the same horrid problem. I was so frustrated that I just decided to build up my communities until it was fixed. There is a mod fix but it is outdated with the parenthood game pack. I realise though, that the more sims on one lot at a time, is the more it lags. So for the festivals it's the worst. I have MC Command Centre so I "make sim leave" on most of the sims there, Because the more sims reach the lot, the worse it gets. Other than that we'll just have to wait until EA does its job or a nice modder updates the mod.
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniabi
we'll just have to wait until EA does its job

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:02 PM
I noticed a change in game performance when I do the following things: clear cache files in the game folder, delete screen shots in the game folder, clean up Sim's personal inventories. Periodically saving and closing the game seems to help, too.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I noticed a change in game performance when I do the following things: clear cache files in the game folder, delete screen shots in the game folder, clean up Sim's personal inventories. Periodically saving and closing the game seems to help, too.

I'll be sure to regularly clear my cache and move the screenshots and see if this makes a difference, thanks a bunch!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beccurr
I'll be sure to regularly clear my cache and move the screenshots and see if this makes a difference, thanks a bunch!
That's great! Also check the personal inventories. I've heard that if there is a lot in them, it slows loading time.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 11:19 AM
Default Help~
Hi, I too had this problem when i was playing TS4 on my laptop, my laptop is about 4 years old now.

I recently have started to build my PC up and bought a New GPU , this means i am now using my PC to play TS4, i am no longer having this issue with my game.

Unfortunately i think this bug may be related to performance, I dont mean to sound rude but does your PC have good specs? maybe try lowering the graphics settings, just to see if the bug still happens?