Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 3:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Unable to download Riverview
I know many people have had the problem of downloading the world Riverview but I just can't find a solution to mine. My problem is that: I click download for Riverview and then it shows a popup offering to open the sims 3 launcher or keep it closed, then one I choose an option the world will start downloading but then it will IMMEDIATELY stop and show an error sign. I have version: 1.0.631.00001; If anyone would be kind enough to explain in DETAIL and Specifically of what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is I would kindly appreciate it
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:09 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:42 PM
What is the error? A screenshot might help.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:38 AM
And which option you use ?

The browser's security settings may disallow to download a file.

you may try to download manually if there's a constant problem (direct link is within page's html) it works with other exchange troublesome files too, obviously in such case you need to install sims3pack manually (via Launcher or via badass version )

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What is the error? A screenshot might help.

This is the picture
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to help!

Did you update your sims game?

Thanks for moving it to the help section! I updated my game a couple times till the version 1.0.631.0001
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 6:57 AM
Version 1.0.631 is a patch level from 2009 or so, it's virtually unpatched. The current patch levels are 1.67 and 1.69, although I believe 1.63 and 1.66 should still work (the numbers were goofy earlier on, but yours is the equivalent of 1.06 or maybe it was 1.0.6, that was so long ago and actually before my time with TS3). If you have tried to use the Launcher to patch up, I would have to say that it failed horribly.

You need to be at a much higher patch level to work with store content like that. And, of course, actually have a legitimate install so it can be patched properly. This might help.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Version 1.0.631 is a patch level from 2009 or so, it's virtually unpatched. The current patch levels are 1.67 and 1.69, although I believe 1.63 and 1.66 should still work (the numbers were goofy earlier on, but yours is the equivalent of 1.06 or maybe it was 1.0.6, that was so long ago and actually before my time with TS3). If you have tried to use the Launcher to patch up, I would have to say that it failed horribly.

You need to be at a much higher patch level to work with store content like that. And, of course, actually have a legitimate install so it can be patched properly. This might help.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher

Thanks, A lot! I will start patching my game right now!