Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 6:24 AM Last edited by IOwnALego111 : 14th Jul 2017 at 6:28 AM.
Default No option to enable custom content?
Hello. I'm recently new to Sims 4. So basically, I added the .package files to the Mods folder, and the sims to the Tray folder. Ok, everything fine for now.

But then, when I go to the options and look for the Enable Custom Content option to tick it, I get this:

That is how my options look. There is no Enable Custom Content option, which has me really confused. What happended? Please help
REMINDER: Im new, so please be kind with me if what Im asking is stupid ;-)

*EDIT* I just realized, that maybe the problem is because I have a old version of Sims 4? My version is 1.0.732.20. What do you guys think?

*EDIT#2* I just updated my game patch, and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your help guys.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 12:22 PM
I'm confused, too. Your screen doesn't show what mine does. I've attached a picture so that you can compare. I'm not sure why your game isn't showing the option to allow custom mods. I'm also wondering why "gameplay" is greyed out. It's like the menu glitched or something. Did you check under the "View Custom Content" button to see what's recognized in the game? The next time you played, was the screen any different?
Screenshots

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#3 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I'm also wondering why "gameplay" is greyed out. It's like the menu glitched or something.

Gameplay is always greyed out when the menu is being used from the main menu instead of from within a game.

The rest I'm afraid I can't help with. That menu tab for me is laid out completely differently. Idk what's going on there.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:47 PM
have you actually started playing your game and looking to see if things have shown up? You may just have the base game which has a different interface than those of us who have game packs. IDK. Your options screen does look way different than mine in that I have many more options (like twitter! in addition to facebook) - also you don't have a tutorials button on your options screen like I do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
have you actually started playing your game and looking to see if things have shown up? You may just have the base game which has a different interface than those of us who have game packs. IDK. Your options screen does look way different than mine in that I have many more options (like twitter! in addition to facebook) - also you don't have a tutorials button on your options screen like I do.

Yeah, I also went to the game, I already made a sim and all, but there is no custom content. I don't know what is wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IOwnALego111
Hello. I'm recently new to Sims 4. So basically, I added the .package files to the Mods folder, and the sims to the Tray folder. Ok, everything fine for now.

But then, when I go to the options and look for the Enable Custom Content option to tick it, I get this:

That is how my options look. There is no Enable Custom Content option, which has me really confused. What happended? Please help
REMINDER: Im new, so please be kind with me if what Im asking is stupid ;-)

Well, for some reason, mine says "View Mods", but yes it does reconize the mods, I can clearly see them on my list.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 13th Jul 2017 at 2:55 AM.
Well, for some reason, mine says "View Mods", but yes it does reconize the mods, I can clearly see them on my list.
Well, that's a start, anyway!

Just in case this part hasn't been covered, after an update, a repair, or the very first time you ever play, your mods won't show up. You'll have to check off the box to enable them, save the options, close the game and reopen it, and they should be there.

Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Gameplay is always greyed out when the menu is being used from the main menu instead of from within a game.

The rest I'm afraid I can't help with. That menu tab for me is laid out completely differently. Idk what's going on there.
Thank you! I forget what it looks like from different places. I'm not sure I've ever opened the options menu from there. Also, your menu tab is showing the page for "Gameplay" tab, not the"Other" tab, so it's going to show different options.

Maybe that's the problem with the OPs screen - they hadn't loaded a game yet.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:46 AM
Well, that's a start, anyway!

Just in case this part hasn't been covered, after an update, a repair, or the very first time you ever play, your mods won't show up. You'll have to check off the box to enable them, save the options, close the game and reopen it, and they should be there.

Thank you! I forget what it looks like from different places. I'm not sure I've ever opened the options menu from there. Also, your menu tab is showing the page for "Gameplay" tab, not the"Other" tab, so it's going to show different options.

Maybe that's the problem with the OPs screen - they hadn't loaded a game yet.

Hey, you think the problem may be my version? It's the 1.0.732.20 version. Do you think that's the problem?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:35 AM
Hey, you think the problem may be my version? It's the 1.0.732.20 version. Do you think that's the problem?
I don't think so. So, when you loaded the game again, after quitting, it still didn't have a button to allow mods/custom content? And your mods still aren't showing up? I've sometimes had problems with downloaded clothing items not showing up. Is anything at all showing in your game? At this point, this isn't looking like an easy fix. The usual advice is to repair the game using the menu from Origin. But it may be worth it to post it on the EA Help forums .

As an aside, how can I find out what version of the game I have?

Scholar
#10 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:12 PM
I don't think so. So, when you loaded the game again, after quitting, it still didn't have a button to allow mods/custom content? And your mods still aren't showing up? I've sometimes had problems with downloaded clothing items not showing up. Is anything at all showing in your game? At this point, this isn't looking like an easy fix. The usual advice is to repair the game using the menu from Origin. But it may be worth it to post it on the EA Help forums .

As an aside, how can I find out what version of the game I have?

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game Version is a text file. Just open it with notepad and voila there is your game version.
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:19 PM
To the OP - Is your game a legal version or a pirated copy? If it legal then make sure you have fully updated your game via Origin. Then run the game again and see if you can find the options your after.
If your game is a pirated version then you'll have to figure it out somewhere else as we can not help you.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:31 PM
Thank you, mummy, both for the information and for bringing up that last point.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
To the OP - Is your game a legal version or a pirated copy? If it legal then make sure you have fully updated your game via Origin. Then run the game again and see if you can find the options your after.
If your game is a pirated version then you'll have to figure it out somewhere else as we can not help you.

So you're saying that I should update my version/patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001

Good news, I just fixed it. I just had to update the patch, just like you said. Thanks a lot.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 11:23 AM
Well done I'm glad you got it sorted out. I've just spent the better part of 2 days updating all my mods from the last 2 patches. That'll teach me for not updating in 3 months. Damn my full time job getting in the way of playing Sims...LOL

Happy playing
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:10 PM
You need to try to put the custom content on the sims. Click View Custom Content for more info.