Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Mar 2019 at 6:25 PM.
Default Adding txmt and txtr to an object
I am having a hard time getting my new shadow txtr to show up properly in SimPE.
My object already has all the files set up, but...had no shadow txtr and txmt.
When I turn a new object into a slave object, I delete all mmat, all txtr(except shadows) and all txmt(except shadows). But this time, I stupidly delete the shadow ones.
So cloning that object gives me a hard time
I extracted the original files from the game object, changed names, edited textures. But it is still showing the game object's shadow txtr, when previewing them.
I am missing something, but cannot find what.

I've been searching, found no tutorial about it. Someone knows of one?
Thanks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:29 PM
The shadow textures or more accurately their Material Definitions are defined by name in the Shape (SHPE), make it is using your shadow material definition. If your custom texture uses the custom group of 0x1C050000 then you must precede the name in the Shape with the ##0x1C050000! prefix.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th Mar 2019 at 8:16 PM.
Default Got It!
This is exactly what I have, but It still shows me the original object's shadow. Is it normal that when looking at my new texture, I see the original LIFO file listed at the bottom? I do not see it in my other objects.
Ok! This is weird. Replacing my txtr with a bigger image, did the trick. 0_o..
I am about to delete the shadow meshes, it is not solved. lol
Now, the shadow meshes show up in game, but blue..or without texture.
Dunno what I did, but now previewing in SimPE shows me light blue, instead of showing me my texture.
I'll have to begin again!
It was about time..way too many hours spent! But now, I can fix my original, so next clones won't be such a pain...

Theorist
#4 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:15 PM
Rosebine, I can't walk you through it but if you attach your file I'd be happy to take a look to see if I can find anything if you're still stuck.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:21 PM
Thank you Honeywell.
Fix TGI, among other possible things..you know, when your brain is a mush...
Though now, I think my shadows are too dark..bed and bookcase, if you compare with the toybox...
That is easy to fix.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 11:14 PM
Nice objects

I added a "checklist" below if you're having issues with stuff not showing properly. Blue/grey textures in SimPE or ingame for non-slaved items usually means one or more references need fixing.

Make sure you've edited all the references to add the shadows. Also make sure that when you import the shadow texture, you change it to extRaw8Bit.

For shadows and non-recolorable textures, you need to make sure the SHPE, GMDC, TXMT and TXTR are correct. You need to do "fix TGI" for any new TXTRs and TXMTs if you add them.

For recolorable textures with MMATs you also need to edit/add the MMAT and fix the GMND (adding new subset to the list), and do "Fix Integrity" when adding a new MMAT (not sure if it's enough to change the last number in the Resource tab to 5001, but if not, "Fix Integrity" takes care of whatever else needs doing).

If you're slaving an object, you need to edit the SHPE (copy string from master object) and GMND (tsMaterialsMeshName with the CRES name from the master minus "_cres", plus adding the number for the dropdown list in the cObject... tab) as well as deleting the MMAT/TXTR/TXMT.

(If you need more details, just ask )