Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5701 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:45 AM
The mere presence and continued existence of hairless cats are, simply put, an abomination to God. Their rubbery skin, rotting bodies, alien features can only be explained as an evolutionary adaptation to make predators pass out in disgust. That would make sense, if these mutant atrocities were natural and not churned out in desolate factories surrounded by urban decay and puddles of tepid radioactive runoff. I hate them and I can at least take comfort if our fate is nuclear annihilation in that, maybe, we'll finally be rid of these walking horrors and also Gwyneth Paltrow.

Can we make them in the game?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#5702 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
The mere presence and continued existence of hairless cats are, simply put, an abomination to God. Their rubbery skin, rotting bodies, alien features can only be explained as an evolutionary adaptation to make predators pass out in disgust. That would make sense, if these mutant atrocities were natural and not churned out in desolate factories surrounded by urban decay and puddles of tepid radioactive runoff. I hate them and I can at least take comfort if our fate is nuclear annihilation in that, maybe, we'll finally be rid of these walking horrors and also Gwyneth Paltrow.

Can we make them in the game?

As a cat person I respect and love all cats. (even of they don't respect or love me ) Sphynx cats might not be the cutest cats, but they have a certain charm. Also could you imagine if those cats actually cared what people thought of them due to their appearance. The poor things would be so self-conscious and sad.
(Also, god is an abomination to humanity)

And yes, we can make them in the game. I believe they showed them off in the first livestream that they did for this EP.
Field Researcher
#5703 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:40 PM
I have a feeling we'll get farm animals like the cow from TS3 Store in a game pack. I have zero hope the cow wouldn't be confined to its object like the TS3 version here: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...&section=UpSell
Mad Poster
#5704 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 28th Oct 2017 at 9:52 PM.
Oh boy, I'm loving it. The Outrage going of the lack of beds and other good new pet-exclusive content on the official forums. TS4 is truly a fashion simulator with how much focus they put in CAP/CAS,
Scholar
#5705 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Oh boy, I'm loving it. The Outrage going of the lack of beds and other good new pet-exclusive content on the official forums. TS4 is truly a fashion simulator with how much focus they put in CAP/CAS,

Yeah it's starting to heat up. We'll see what happens after the next live stream - some simmers tend to 'forget' the things they complain about once they see the new shiny 'interactions'. I guess it depends how much is missing. People aren't happy at all about the pets not sleeping on beds issue. I wonder what else is missing from the pack.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#5706 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:58 PM
Still full of people excusing this practice of cutting corners. "I'm only buying for pets, anything else is a bonus". *sigh*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5707 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:21 PM
People have purchased EPS for much less, which is why EA can get away with charging top dollar for bits and pieces. They’d sell you your own hopes ave dreams if they could.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#5708 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Still full of people excusing this practice of cutting corners. "I'm only buying for pets, anything else is a bonus". *sigh*

Can't really blame them for that. On a bright side, I think less people are more critical to not buy an expansion pack over one silly/fancy or anyt furniture/object/clothing that catch their eyes.
Scholar
#5709 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:36 PM
It's everyone's prerogative to still buy the packs even when they're crappy. It's the blatant excuses and blind spots that is confusing to me. Right now I'm neither playing or buying packs, but I might at a later point for whatever reason. But that doesn't mean I'll stop criticizing and expecting better from EA. I don't like when people just say 'don't like it don't buy it' in response to criticism, as if the fact that I'm not buying means I should or will shut up.

Simblr
Theorist
#5710 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They’d sell you your own hopes ave dreams if they could.

From what I've seen, those hopes and dreams would be crushed and ground into a fine dust by the time they reached me if EA was involved. :v
Scholar
#5711 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
The poor things would be so self-conscious and sad.

Agreed. They should put some effort into their appearance.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#5712 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:14 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 29th Oct 2017 at 12:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
The poor things would be so self-conscious and sad.

Hang a nice painting and they will be alright and fine. Emotions make up the tragedic moments into weirder stories.

Also, a little off-topic of a leaked image I picked off behind the scenes of the sim team headquarters:

#PETAshouldsueEA
Forum Resident
#5713 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:09 PM
Has the grass always looked that weird and flat in TS4 or is this a new texture or something?

Mad Poster
#5714 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Has the grass always looked that weird and flat in TS4 or is this a new texture or something?

People had even reported getting headaches just by looking at it. You couldn't get more migraine from this game, could you?
Forum Resident
#5715 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:33 PM Last edited by hiabara : 30th Oct 2017 at 3:51 PM.
The gameplay embargo has been lifted, so there are many informations floating around now. Things I've seen/read so far:

- After watching videos and people showing off build/buy mode is confirms there are only two pet beds - A big square one and a small round one. No doghouses.
- You can interact with the seagulls. Pets and Sims can chase and attack them and get moddlets (link)
- Gif of floating ghost dog -> source
- Collectibles - "When your dog or cat chase birds they will sometimes leave a feather behind. You can pick up this collectible and hang it on your wall. Completing this collection will reward you with a beautiful owl statue instead of a standard plaque like most collections get." and new herb plants (three kind of catnips) (source)
- Pets can be trained to fetch, speak, sit, roll over and lie down
- Dogs and cats have no emotions - they are happy or bad (source)
- You can not check the needs of a pet by clicking on it (source)
- new lot features:
Training - on this lot the dogs train faster
Friendly cats - more cats appear here
Friendly dogs - more cats appear here
Dog spot - more dogs and dog satisfaction bonus
Cat spot - more cats and cat welcome bonus (source)
- We can't go into the light house, but it's a woohoo spot (source)
Mad Poster
#5716 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:34 PM
They have no idea what it's like. This entire fucking game makes my head hurt. I was hoping the similarities to the Trump presidency would eventually stop and things would stop getting worse but no, it's still getting worse and worse and worse and disastrously, embarrassingly worse. Even my dead (and thus formerly) mentally disabled uncle would consider this shit to be too simple.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5717 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:02 PM
Lol at Sims teleporting to the top of the lighthouses, rather than going in and out of the doors like normal people.

And we got chasable birds, but not birds as pets? EA, stop...

And pets have no emotions, but EA swore the emotions system was phenomenal. They’re a joke.

Dogs wag their tails when sitting on couches... lord...

Scholar
#5718 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:09 PM
Unless I completely misunderstood something, it seems that pet woohoo is them simply going off lot. Someone pls tell me that's wrong. Hello?

Simblr
dodgy builder
#5719 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:11 PM
I've been watching this video by simsupply. I like the obstacle course. It reminds me of the time I had my own dog to teach things to. This could very well replace the dog I'm not allowed to have in my present apartment.

Field Researcher
#5720 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
The gameplay embargo has been lifted, so there are many informations floating around now. Things I've seen/read so far:
- Dogs and cats have no emotions - they are happy or bad (source)

I can hear the cries of Rachel Franklin in the far distance...
But seriously though, I thought the "emotions" system was one of the main selling points for TS4, where's the logic in not having it implemented for pets?
Scholar
#5721 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:14 PM
Apparently they've added a boat for transportation to the lighthouse island, but there's no animation, you can only click on it and then the sim will go near it (near meaning in the vicinity) and then poof you're transported. There's no animation for going in the boat, no boat movement, no arrival from the boat. *headdesk*

Simblr
Field Researcher
#5722 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Apparently they've added a boat for transportation to the lighthouse island, but there's no animation, you can only click on it and then the sim will go near it (near meaning in the vicinity) and then poof you're transported. There's no animation for going in the boat, no boat movement, no arrival from the boat. *headdesk*

I mean, come on, lets give them a break. If they had added animations for that boat, they would probably have had to scrap either dogs or cats, and only have one pet featured in this expansion. /s
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5723 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM
So, players complained about not being able to use the subways, and they listened. Then, completely ruined the experience by having Sims run to a boat, only to fade away. They wasted their time on having Sims basically do nothing.

Also, Sims teleport up the lighthouses balcony, but only use the door to woo-hoo.

I am so done...

Field Researcher
#5724 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM Last edited by thevogel : 31st Oct 2017 at 4:23 AM.
Every time something new comes out about this EP.....All I can think about is how it's going to kill us with mediocrity
Attached Images

Top Secret Researcher
#5725 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:10 PM
TS3: "CASt is revolutionary."
TS4 promotion: "CASt is shit."
Cats & Dogs: "Our beloved feature, CASt is back...for pets only."

TS4 promotion: "Emotions are revolutionary."
Cats & Dogs: "No emotions for pets."

Those Taco Thursdays Graham mused about must have bled into the other four work days.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Locked thread
Page 229 of 447