Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5651 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 12:39 PM
Remember, people. This is the Sims we're talking about here. Who says any of these illnesses have to be based on real ones or have real world treatments? It's not as though these digital creatures are actually suffering. How many humans do you know that go to the hospital because they have literal steam shooting out of their ears or visible stars spinning around their heads?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5652 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:15 PM
I assume sick pets get taken away? Maybe?

Also, they must actually be incompetent. They’ve taken one system and redesigned it twice already and left the older one alone. They should have just designed a system they could easily create new businesses from after the second time of editing since they’re determined not to make businesses flexible.

What happens when we, inevitably, get a hotel to run? Are they going to add more features and leave the system alone? Players aren’t even asking for much, either. They want the ability to let their Sims work in businesses - something they’ve done for over a decade.

The Sims team is a joke. All they do isn’t make excuses. They don’t even do themselves any favors. They sure do have a lot of meetings, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#5653 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
.....(Watching Sims 4 Cats and dogs promo).......

Have the animations always been that bad???? I mean, I haven't played this game in like.... 2 years now...... but Holy Hell!!! That is Baaaaad.

You mean recycled animation? On the official forums, one critical thinking and rational person left own observation how recycled animation are heavily are just that and many social interactions use the same animation that have no difference except "from their text name being the only thing setting them apart from each other (seriously, beyond the text name they're functionally identical both in friendship gained and animation)". Not sure how far or close this is to be true, but I'm just repeating what the person has said.
Mad Poster
#5654 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 3:29 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 26th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM.
And to add to that...
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
So can we assume that the hired employees will obsessively chit chat & not work? Their previous work with this system has never worked properly.

Considering their recycling the buggy/crappy retail system, sims and their uncontrollable charisma might kick in there too.

The absurd insane levels of how extrovert sims in TS4 are, it's starting to remind me of a video I watch that is a sketch based on TS in general that shows the stupidity and lack of intellingence that is held of these two feet walking creatures in their daily lifes. Unfortunately, it isn't funny anymore knowing how much TS4 has taken the quirk too far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMU-AnCLZkg
Scholar
#5655 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM
The fact that they aren't updating similar previous features is infuriating. I was never going to hold my breath or anything, but man is it bugging me. So. Much.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5656 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM
Speaking of interactions, there are too many that don’t do enough. Like, there should be a different in relationship gain between “chat”and “talk about...”

This is why I liked interests (or enthusiasms). It gives Sims tangible things to discuss and learn from. There shouldn’t be a significant boost between Sims who discuss similarities they’re interested in or enthusiastic about (or none at work, or negative if they conflict) compared to a minuscule boost from small talk. There would also be a risk associated with this if you don’t know a Sim. Small talk won’t get you far. Trying to gauge what a Sims like and dislikes is a puzzle in and of itself (seeing what they watch on TV, what they read, their music interests, etc.).

Compare to real life: We’re all here discussing the Sims. Generally, we all get along better than we would having small talk. Even gossip should be handled different depending on the Sim (like a serious Sim would not be interested in Gossip, or may be offended that the other Sim would do it in extreme cases, but a playful Sims would eat it up). Imagine the interactions we could have with asymmetric relationships. Imagine pulling a prank on a Sim, and the victim wasn’t a fan. The prankster would get a positive score and the victim would get a negative score.

Conversations, imo, aren’t dynamic. They aren’t special or significant. They just happen in a vacuum where everything is just good or bad. There’s no gray.

Forum Resident
#5657 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:10 PM
Mad Poster
#5658 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM
Let me guess: technical limitations prevented us from creating a full-sized map/we thought about it long and hard but decided it counterproductive/the players didn't want it/you dumb shits will buy this no matter what we do?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5659 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:00 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 26th Oct 2017 at 8:34 PM.
So, we can't have pet stores because of puppy mills and being "unethical," but it's AOK to buy our pets treats to actively make them sick, and refuse them care.

Oh, EA.

Edit: Pet's can poop money...

So, players are now encouraged to get their pets sick in order to make money off of them. That's actually animal abuse, but pets stores and dog houses are inhumane.

Edit II: Also, the pet beds are literal abominations. They're glorified rugs.

Forum Resident
#5660 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:12 PM
I'm watching the stream too and if no one else does it then I'll post an information dump later, but so far there are some things that worry me, like one of them literally said "Pets will get sick every few days" and the chat was really worried, but no SimGuru clarified anything. I still hope it's only a possibility they get sick and not a sure thing.
Update: Then there was the question if you can prevent sickness - There are check-ups and shots for it to keep the sicknesses at bay for a while.
Update 2: "SimGuruHouts: We tuned sicknesses so that they shouldn't happen very often. The hope is that it's a few times in a pet's life at most." That sounds better.

And yes, I agree with matrix54. Pooping gold and creating things to make your pets sick on purpose is weird once again. Like once again completely weird priorities.
Top Secret Researcher
#5661 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:24 PM
So there's just 16 lots? Meh...
Scholar
#5662 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM
I have to admit that the pets are pretty cute, but I'm just loling at everything else. Btw the surgery machine is absolutely horrific. And we couldn't get pet houses? LOL

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5663 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:33 PM
Build Buy looks nice, and I appreciate that being a vet looks like something that should be in a Sims game. Everything is beyond meh.

Like... how did they mess up pet beds?

And let’s discuss their target audience for a moment, based on this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...y-is-pretty-big

Forum Resident
#5664 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:41 PM
Some infos so far

• Vet Clinic and Illness Stuff
  • Brindleton Bay comes with a vet clinic. Clinics can be placed in other worlds. There’s a simpler premade Clinic that will be in the lot bin. There aren’t premade rooms.
  • Hiring is like Dine Out; look for Vet Skill level. Employees will automatically work as Vets but you can also tell them to do crafting.
  • Patients come and check in at a check-in booth.
  • When you hover over a pet in the clinic, a hover over the owner will also show.
  • You can use a treatment even if you haven’t got exam results yet. But once you have a diagnosis, the UI will show you which treatment will work. (You can still use other ones.)
  • There are at least 20 different sicknesses. They are random but will get sick more often if they eat bad food. They will get sick every few days.
  • There are Vet Perks, similar to retail perks. You can hire up to 3 employees to work as vets with you.
  • The Vet uniform setup is similar to the Restaurant uniform system.
  • Other settings are price markup, advertising packages, and supply quality.
  • Crafting options include a medication crafting section, an exam table section (for relaxation for stressed pets), and a surgery station section. Some “treats” will make pets sick! Treats can be stocked in the Medical Vending Machine for sale; they only hold pet treats.
  • Finishing treatment and leveling vet skill gains perk points
  • Vet Skill is 10 levels. Unlocks options for crafting, interaction.
  • Some sicknesses require the surgery machine to fix.
  • Puppies and kittens don’t get sick.
  • Some patients are in just for a checkup.
  • Vets can check cuteness levels in a checkup.
  • There are Age Up and Age Down treats ($150 each), and an Ambrosia treat ($2,500). The Wellness treat is cheaper than taking your pet to the Vet but won’t cure all sicknesses.
  • If you’re a Vet, you can bring your own pet to work and treat it; employees won’t automatically treat it.
  • You can also buy Vet equipment to use at home, including the craft stations. On your home lot, customers won’t spawn. You can store treats in a vending machine at home.
  • As a customer, you need to first check in to the checkin podium. (You can also put stickers on the podium in buy mode.) You have cheap and expensive treatment options or can decline treatment.
  • Golden Poop illness can (rarely) produce ACTUAL GOLDEN POOP, worth $$$$
  • Taking Pets for checkups, Wellness treats, and a shot at the checkup will keep your pet from getting sick as often.
  • Pets can give birth on any lot. There’s no special interactions if you take them to the clinic.

Other Stuff
  • I Saw separate locking for cats and dogs.
  • Aggressive pets can be mean and might attack.
  • Pets can chase birds (not sure if that q. was specific to cats).
  • Litter size is random, 1-4, for both cats and dogs.
  • Premade Katerina lives in Brindleton Bay and owns 4 cats.
  • “The pet carriers are used by some NPC Sims, but are otherwise not usable”
  • Under “Pet Care” as an interaction there is a “What’s Wrong?” where you can find out if your pet is sick, hungry, etc.
  • You can sell pets or put them up for adoption.

Upcoming
  • Roof updates will come out alongside Cats & Dogs release
  • Next Livestream, on Nov. 2: Brindleton Bay, gameplay, vacuum, other buy/build. Some buy mode is shown about half an hour into the Vet livestream.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5665 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
How in the world is there a functional pet carrier that’s only for NPCs, but no pet houses? They’re virtually the same thing.

Field Researcher
#5666 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
At this point, I'm too lazy and malcontent to write out multiple long sentences describing my feelings about this expansion pack, so I'll settle for one - "I don't like this, it's way too childish, PC, sensitive and tumblr influenced. Even for The Sims" <<< a sentence that can be used to describe the entire forth generation of this (once) great franchise.

tl;dr: I don't like this.
Forum Resident
#5667 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
How in the world is there a functional pet carrier that’s only for NPCs, but no pet houses? They’re virtually the same thing.
That was one of the informations that really stood out to me, too. I don't remember the moment in the stream (I didn't pay attention all the time tbh), so I guess they only talked about it and didn't show one. Though I'm really curious about it now.
Like will the pet carriers have a handful of designs and the animals inside them will basically be part of the design? Like you'll see the same three dogs in these carriers? Or will we even see animals in there at all or will it just be a dark space inside?
I can't imagine that the carriers are completely functional if we can't have them as gameplay item
Mad Poster
#5668 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:09 PM
Wait, pet carriers cannot be used by playable Sims? The fuck? That's bullshit, that's like those vehicle simulation games where you can't play as all the vehicles. No I don't want the expensive Italian sports car, I want the minivan god dammit!
(Fun fact for those who enjoyed Burnout Paradise: you can hack your savegame to make the NPC vehicles selectable - and fully damage modeled!)

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5669 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:12 PM
Could you imagine how Sims would use them? A pet goes into it and a Sim put it in their pocket.

Scholar
#5670 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Could you imagine how Sims would use them? A pet goes into it and a Sim put it in their pocket.

Exactly, because they don't have any budget for actual new animations. It's really ridiculous, and how the fork did we get here.

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5671 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:18 PM
We got here when Sim City flopped, and EA invested way to much into the Sims 4 to pull out late term. It’s so easy to find flaws...

Like using self check in instead of a receptionist, but not having self checkout at retail instead of a tablet, or omitting a cashier. They make it so easy.

Field Researcher
#5672 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:28 PM
EAxis: "Euthanizing pets and pets potentially dying from diseases if left unattended, that is crossing the line of T for Teen!!! Buuuut......There is a pooping gold disease for pets, another strange way for your sims to make simoleons!"
Players be like - *constructs pet house of torture, where pets will be making money in gold, as they are left to suffer from the horrid disease in perpetuity*
EAxis:
Mad Poster
#5673 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:44 PM
TypicalFanGirlingTeenagerPoopJokeLovingSimmer: "Nah. I won't purchase this till I wait for seas-- wait a sec, IS THAT AN SUPER UPER ADORABLE MAILBOX OF A C *SQEEEEEK* SO CUUUUUTTEE! I'M BUYING THIS OVERPRICE SHIT

Scholar
#5674 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
TypicalFanGirlingTeenagerPoopJokeLovingSimmer: "Nah. I won't purchase this till I wait for seas-- wait a sec, IS THAT AN SUPER UPER ADORABLE MAILBOX OF A C *SQEEEEEK* SO CUUUUUTTEE! I'M BUYING THIS OVERPRICE SHIT

You scared the crap out of my cat with that image, I'm not even joking. She jumped and crawled into a defensive position and stared at it like 'wtf is that'. lmao

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5675 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:22 PM
Awwwww :3
Locked thread
Page 227 of 447