Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:13 PM
Default ANNOUNCED: Pets Are Here!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

TRAILER:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSimsUK/...55709778874954/

(There would be so many alarm smilies in this post if my phone would do it properly)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:24 PM
surprise surprise another sims 3 copied expansion pack...

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:31 PM
They just couldn't help but take out half the content again, could they?
For fuck's sake EA, why even bother if you don't plan on doing it right?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim

An expansion pack copied from TS3, that was copied from TS2, that was copied from TS1. Your point being?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:38 PM
Just going to link the post from another thread where the discussion about it already started - Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4: Expansion Packs
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:38 PM
The livestream confirmed it. I'm sooo excited! The pets are soooooooo adorable. :3

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:00 PM
http://simscommunity.info/2017/08/2...in-sims-3-pets/
So they won't be playable and they'll look worse than the last time, fuckin' 6 fucking years ago.
At this point, I think EA owes me money for wasting my time like this.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:08 PM
WOW. They LOVE going backwards, don't they? But there's going to be a code to control them, right? ... RIGHT!?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:12 PM
Found a screenshot of The Sims 5: Get Petted.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Found a screenshot of The Sims 5: Get Petted.

Damn, that's a major graphical improvement over TS4. Bravo EA.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Damn, that's a major graphical improvement over TS4. Bravo EA.

I know, I wonder what they're doing to push that much bleeding edge realism out of our hardware. It's like I'm looking at a Pixar film.

But seriously though, I just realised this pack will be €40. I need more alcohol.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:31 PM
I know, I wonder what they're doing to push that much bleeding edge realism out of our hardware. It's like I'm looking at a Pixar film.

But seriously though, I just realised this pack will be €40. I need more alcohol.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:34 PM
Thanks. Needed that.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:18 PM
Unleashed, somehow, boasts more features than Cats & Dogs...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:31 PM Last edited by grindingteeth : 21st Aug 2017 at 8:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Unleashed, somehow, boasts more features than Cats & Dogs...

I guess the idea is we'll just need to stop referring to this as the 'pets' expansion.
It's not.
It's quite seriously what the title entails. Cats and Dogs, that's it.

I suspect there'll be some kind of expansion's expansion later. Like how Dine out was sold on the side, independent from Get to Work.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
This is quite obviously a pets expansion pack.

Dineout and Get To Work as separate entities was somewhat understandable. Undersirable, but understandable. Here, there's no reason to have a separate pack for minor pets.

Even if it is just cats and dogs, those were controllable on both 2 & 3. At least in TS2 they had a cheat for it.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
I suspect they'll be some kind of expansion's expansion later. Like how Dine out was sold on the side, independent from Get to Work.

It's like they're trying their hardest to split up the expansions without people noticing.
And, let's face it - Cats and Dogs is a terrible name for an expansion pack. It'd be a bad name for a small free update. No proper expansion should ever have a name like that.

insert signature here
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:47 PM
Meh.
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim

I'm so confused, do we want pets or not????? Or are we now of the camp that this should be a base game thing.

In other news; THEY LOOK AMAZING,... small pets would have been nice though...

I suspect that small pets might be released as a stuff pack... frickin' EA.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:07 PM
The community wants expansion packs and features carried forward. Not all, but a reasonable amount.

I don't think anyone's going to lose their shit over ice cream trucks or horse, since neither of those would function very well in TS4, but smaller cages animals is something we'd like; Something that shouldn't be missing. A pet store? At least training competitions.

When we heard "Cats & Dogs," we at least expected them to get that part right, since they omitted features just to focus on two animal. Close, but no cigar.

Instructor
#21 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
WOW. They LOVE going backwards, don't they? But there's going to be a code to control them, right? ... RIGHT!?

No because LOVE backyards is EVOL and evolving is certainly not happening ...
Smeg Head
#22 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:14 PM
If they're not going to be playable, (I'm not too bothered about the idea of this until I see how it plays out.) then they damn well better not take up a family slot. Nothing more than an animated cuddly toy with some interactions, fine, a little bit more interesting than a dishwasher, but there's no reason for this furry appliance to become a family member!!! I don't want to have to send granddad to the sweet-bye-and-bye just to free up a slot so the kids can have an animated cat toy to play with. None of that, please!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#23 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:17 PM
It's like they're trying their hardest to split up the expansions without people noticing.
And, let's face it - Cats and Dogs is a terrible name for an expansion pack. It'd be a bad name for a small free update. No proper expansion should ever have a name like that.

But if the expansion somehow also secretly added rain, then suddenly the name becomes a great pun! :D

._. it won't though, I just made myself sad.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
In other news; THEY LOOK AMAZING....

Spoiler alert: they don't. They don't even have fur, it's just a texture.
It wasn't a texture in The Sims 3, fuckin' 6 (7?) fucking years ago.

insert signature here
Theorist
#25 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
Spoiler alert: they don't. They don't even have fur, it's just a texture.
It wasn't a texture in The Sims 3, fuckin' 6 (7?) fucking years ago.

What did you expect them to do when the sims' hair looks like clay? Pixar-quality alpha textures with 6000 individual animated strands?
Page 1 of 18