Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 11:16 PM
Default Any burping animations?
Okay I am pretty sure there is a burping animation in game. If there is not please correct me.

Is this animation found in the BHAV OP Code or is it a Text List animation?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 12:38 AM
The animation names can be found in the Text Lists of the object that uses them (or from the SemiGlobals related to that object); once you have found the right name, you can retrieve the actual ANIM file by using the "Finder" feature in SimPE.

Actually, the Finder is capable of searching the Text Lists by itself: try searching "in Text Lists" -> "contain" -> "burp"
Or search directly the files: "in Namemaps" -> "contain" -> "burp"

I've found some burp animation in either the base game (the burping animation that the idle sims do), and in UNI (related to the keg).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 1:08 AM
Thanks! I found it - something like p-idle-burp (along the lines of that) So do I put that under a text list and link it to a sim animation? will it work for child to elder?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Numenor : 28th Sep 2006 at 2:05 AM.
the name of the ANIM file tells you for what age the animation was created for, and if it's a sim-to-sim interaction, or an interaction with an object, etc...

Look at the first letters of the name: it's usually in the form x2y-..., or x-....
The allowed values are:
a=adult (and also young adult and elder)
c=child
t=teen
p=toddler
o=object

Therefore, a "a2o" means an interaction between an adult and an object; "a2c" between adult and child; "p" (alone) is an animation played by a toddler alone, without interacting with anything or anyone.

I remember that the sims burp when eating (but the burping is part of the eating animation, not a stand-alone animation); and they can fart when idle, too; but are you sure that adult sims burp when idle? You can't "strip" one part only of an animation.

As for instructing the sims to play an animation, it's not easy to explain. the basics are: in the BHAV there is an "Animate Sim" OpCode, that reads the name of the animation from a Text List (there are several, for adults, elders, children etc).

The best thing is to clone an object that uses an animation, and examine its BHAVs and Text lists, in order to have an idea about how they work.

EDIT - Have you seen THIS?
Perhaps there are some interesting animations. For sure, it contains a lot of BHAVs that animate sims; study them (not clone!) and see if something applies to your object.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 2:06 AM
Yes, I already know how they work. I read Echo's tutorial (on making your first interaction) and have been successful with my vending machine (found under my uploads)

Well, I guess I won't be able to add the burp animation but thanks for your help

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#6 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 4:30 PM
Don't give up yet.

"a-idle-lifeScoreLow-armsSide-wtC-belch"
Add the above animation to the adult animation strings and have the Interaction - Drink bhav run it right after it calls Sub - Put Cup Down. I tested it and it seems to work, my sim put the can down stood there a second and then belched.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:11 PM
WOW! I really need to kiss you right now You dont know how much that means to me!!!

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#8 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:19 PM
About the doorbell animation, to get the sim to use their right hand instead of their left hand to push the buttons, you set the 3rd operand to 1 so that flipped =true.
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:27 PM
"Belch"! That's the word! -

As for belching, I've found these animations referenced in some Glamour socials:
  • a-belch-medium_anim
  • a-sloppy-belch-big_anim

There are also some "child" animations.

If you have Glamour, just use the Finder: "in TextLists" -> "contains" -> "belch"
Then look at the GroupID of the text lists found by the Finder, and use Object Workshop to clone those animations (use the "by GroupID" function).

In the clone, you will probably find, along with the text lists that contain the reference to the belch animations, also the BHAVs that call them.

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:32 PM
Why would I need to clone those animations?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#11 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:46 PM
Here are the screenshots showing how I added the belch animation.

Also you may try using the "a-belch-medium_anim" animation that Numenor mentioned since there is a child version of it (c-belch-medium_anim), the same applies to the "a-sloppy-belch-big_anim" animation (c-sloppy-belch-big_anim).

I think Numenor meant to clone the social interaction, not the animation.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:57 PM
Could you please send me that version because mine is really not working

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#13 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:07 PM
Here you go.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CocaColaCan - Belch Animation Added.zip (36.8 KB, 197 downloads)
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:36 PM Last edited by pacotacoplayer : 28th Sep 2006 at 9:42 PM.
Thankyou. I copied your pictures exactly andthe BHAV editor never wanted to give me the text list. Grrr...

Anyways, I love youagain :D

EDIT: Just found out there is something wrong with my computer because I looked at your file and checked and it looks the same as mine

Here is what it looks like (the file you sent me)

Thats what was happening to me too. I think it is something wrong with my SimPE or game?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#15 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 10:49 PM
It appears that for some reason SimPE on your computer thinks that operand 7 equals 80 instead of 81. When operand 7 equals 80 it looks for STR# 0x0081 in the global group (Group ID 0x7FD46CD0) instead of the current package file as it would if operand 7 equaled 81. That's my understanding of it anyway.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 2:04 AM
So if I change it on my computer so it fits my computers way of being (lol) , will it work differently if someone else downloads the vending machine if their SimPE is like yours?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 3:24 AM
Where can I go to clone an animation?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

The ModFather
retired moderator
#18 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:44 AM
With the Finder, search for the animation name:
"in NameMaps" -> "contains" -> (name of animation)
When the search i s over, double click on the animation name, in the lower panel: SimPE seems to hang, but it's opening the game package containing the anim file; when the package is opened, doubleclick again in the lower panel, and the right animation will be selected in the upper panel.

Now, right-click on the anim file and "Extract" it.

Open you package and "Add" the saved anim; rename it and Fix TGI (very important). Lastly, scan all the Text Files in your package, replacing all the occurrences of the old name with the new name.

Now you can edit your imported anim at will, and your object will (hopefully ) use the new animatioin, instead of the original one.

PS: In my previous post, yes, I meant to clone the interaction, not the animation -

Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 1:09 PM
So if I make a new animation, will I have to upload that too when I upload my package so that people have that animation for the package to work properly?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

The ModFather
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 5:29 PM
If you do what I've suggested above, the new animation (the modified "_anim" file) is already included in your package, it won't be a separate file.

Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:58 AM
Wow! I went and did like you told me to.

I opened the package of the doorbell adult animation and looked around a bit and saw a file that had all sorts of names related to the sound effect. I deleted them (of course I did this to the clone of the original doorbell animation and renamed it) and it worked perfectly in game! My sim uses their right hand and there is no doorbell sounds

Will it replace the original animation?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 10:13 AM
No, as long as you have renamed the ANIM file, and have hit "Fix Integrity"

Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 1:49 PM
Thanks for all your help, Numenor! You're going in my credits aswell I think thats it for the doorbell animating; have to get back to the belch

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

Instructor
#24 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
Wow! I went and did like you told me to.

I opened the package of the doorbell adult animation and looked around a bit and saw a file that had all sorts of names related to the sound effect. I deleted them (of course I did this to the clone of the original doorbell animation and renamed it) and it worked perfectly in game! My sim uses their right hand and there is no doorbell sounds

Will it replace the original animation?

I looked at everthing in the ANIM for the doorbell animation and couldn't find anything referencing the sound effects. Only the content tab shows anything significant, but it just has things like TimeCode, Parameter, Unknown 1, etc...
There's nothing under the reference tab, Edit Blocks just shows the animation name and All References just has Generic under it.
Instructor
#25 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 12:16 AM
Ok, when I select the content tab the only sub tabs it shows are cAnimResourceConst and Misc. I kind of remember there being a raw view tab in SimPE, but I can't remember the last time I seen it or if it was under the Animation Resource or not. I have tried reinstalling SimPE, both the current version and verion 0.56, but there is still no raw view tab.
Page 1 of 2