Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 11:57 PM Last edited by alissonp : 18th Apr 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Default What am I doing wrong?
I don't know what I am doing wrong or what to do, the color (I don't know if it's the color) does not look nice!
See for yourself!
http://www.imagebam.com/image/876453249551346

My object looks like plastic, it's horrible. How do I make it to look just like those others? That table on the image, for example.
Help, please!!!

And gets worse! The whole object gets dark when there is floor on the tiles in the upper level.
Why does it happen? It was supposed to be the base of 75 Walls which I am working at, but I don't want it to look like this thing with shadows.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b54bf6249552157
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 9:09 AM
Is your object the box? If so, it looks like it just needs a multiplier texture, and maybe to tone down the brightness in CASt (so it's using grey rather than white). As for the shadow, I'm afraid I don't know, but I suspect it's to do with the height of the bounding box - that's a wild guess though, so I'll leave it to someone better qualified to answer that question properly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 9:46 AM
wat did you clone?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 12:19 PM
A traditional chair! I know it's weird, but was just a test to see if the object would work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 1:20 AM
Everything is a mess in my mind now... The UV mapping has any influence on the object? All I could see is that the pattern direction is defined in there. Isn't it? And the size of the UV mapping image, has any influence?
I am now with a lot of doubts in my mind... another one, why the tiling is different after importing a new mesh? the object size looks the same, but the original tiling need to be changed for something bigger. Oh God, how much I am trying, but things doesn't seem to work...
I have nice 3d models that I've been made, but what can I do with them if there is the UV mapping to mess it around?!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 9:51 PM
How your object is UV mapped is VERY important. It tells the game where and how to apply textures to your object mesh.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:07 PM
The mapping won't have an impact on the lighting, although it's important anyway. You should have been mapping the models as you made them . You'll often be able to map after the fact, but it's almost always easier to map as you go.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.