Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 8:12 AM
Default You know you're addicted to Twilight when...
There, I've admitted it- I'm addicted. Well, sort of admitted anyway. But I have found myself increasingly preoccupied with this insanely compelling series since I began to read, so here we go:

You know you're addicted to Twilight when...

...going to say 'Goodnight!'/'Goodbye!'/similar phrase to someone, you find yourself saying 'Twilight!' instead.

...you keep a running tally of the number of times Meyers goes on about the vampires' (particularly Edward Cullen's) perfect attributes, and snicker at it at the end before you realise you've been drawing lovehearts by Ed's name all the way through.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 3:08 PM
Ahh, read this- it'll at least give you something to think about.
http://io9.com/5096310/twilights-hidden-morality-plays
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 10:40 PM
..When you make a thread about it on a sims forums :D
[i'm joking by the way ]
I don't even have the slightest clue what it is about. *runs from rocks*

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#4 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:55 PM
LOL Interesting thread!
Well I guess your addicted when all you talk about is how hot a fictional character such as Edward Cullen is and INSIST that you'll marry him and screaming TEAM EDWARD!!!! or TEAM JACOB!!!! everytime the word Edward, Jaocb, Twilight or Vampire comes up in a conversation!

No offense but it is so freakin' annoying how every says that!

I love the books but seriously girls, please stop screaming!

Sorry off topic. lol
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:57 PM
-When you and your friends make up nicknames that included 'esmee' on the end. My friends have come up with 'Trenesme' for me. It works pretty well. Another girl I know we call 'Jamesme' (her name is Jamie).

-When you have a Cullen family of sims and have recreated their house in your game. Actually, make that a whole neighborhood called Forks. Yup, I went that route, sadly it doesn't get played much though.

Oh and another one:
-When you and your friends exchange Christmas gifts that all somehow relate to Twilight. One of my friends is even making Edward ornaments.

Oh, and I agree w/ moldova49! That does get annoying!

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
..When you make a thread about it on a sims forums :D
*laughs* So true!

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ahh, read this- it'll at least give you something to think about.
http://io9.com/5096310/twilights-hidden-morality-plays
Is it just me, or does Edward's face look really, really strange in the first screenshot?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aimsme
Is it just me, or does Edward's face look really, really strange in the first screenshot?

Not as strange as he looks now he's shorn:
http://www.dlisted.com/node/29872/i...N_R_B_GR_01.jpg
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:07 PM
I like him with shorter hair, but does her Permanely have those massive eye-bags..?

In faaact, kinda looks like a messy and more masculine version of that peggy (?) hair..

*maybe will add pic later*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:11 PM
you force your latin teacher to read the book and then he CENTERS THE WHOLE NEXT SEMESTER'S CURRICULUM AROUND IT.

yeah, it happened.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:13 PM
That article you linked to was quite an interesting read, simsample. I was going to attempt to read them to get my own opinion. But now I really don't think I want to! XD
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:19 PM
-You google Quiluete [sp?] Legends or go to the vampire's a-z website (Both will give you actual results, too)

...Ineverdidthisiswear. =]
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
I like him with shorter hair, but does her Permanely have those massive eye-bags..?

That's what all people from the UK look like, all the ones I know, anyway! Eyebags and messy hair.
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 9:47 AM
That's what all people from the UK look like, all the ones I know, anyway! Eyebags and messy hair.
Oi! Just because some of us look like that... okay, a lot of us... damn, we do, don't we? *glares at with eyebagged glare of doom*
Theorist
#14 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:44 PM

* Checks Eyes

erm... Nope, wrong there! Maybe its more common for a certain group of people location wise? I live up north, where does he come from..?

EDIT: aimsme Lives in London; Location: Mostly my imagination- much better than dreary old London., Most actors come from round there too... HA! I DISPROVED A STATEMENT!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#15 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 12:52 PM

Hey!.. Okay i have eyebags but thats only because i stay up watching Star Trek :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
Hey!.. Okay i have eyebags but thats only because i stay up watching Star Trek :D

You guys should move to my area; we all look like Robert Pattinson!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 10:26 PM
i dont have eye bags i live on the south coast though, must be all those sea breezes blowing away the cobwebs...

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
* Checks Eyes

erm... Nope, wrong there! Maybe its more common for a certain group of people location wise? I live up north, where does he come from..?

EDIT: aimsme Lives in London; Location: Mostly my imagination- much better than dreary old London., Most actors come from round there too... HA! I DISPROVED A STATEMENT!
I do indeed! Been a while since anyone noticed that. And yes, you did disprove a statement, dear. Well done. *pats head*

Speaking of living in London... Santa'll be here in 15 minutes! Squee!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 11:36 PM
When you spend three weeks creating Forks in sim-land

potterhead
call me bria
Theorist
#20 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 11:25 PM
*has head patted*

Why, thank you!

Mmmmm, we are beggining to go off topic..

When you understand it, but have never seen, read or smelt any of the original pictures/words/scents. Oh yes, I ask questions :D

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 11:28 PM

I don't and I come from out skirts[?] of london maybe 'cause i have this roll on thing that gives caffine to my eyes lmao :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#22 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 1:53 AM
When you see the movie, and the day after go to school and stare at your schoolmates like Jasper. (it's fun..)

When you read Twilight fanfiction. o.o There's over 40,000 on fanfiction.net. o.o
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:09 AM
When you can't seem to understand that Edward is a -fictional- character. I've been guilty of this, but I'm over it. However, my friends fight over him daily. I find it funny.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:18 AM
When you deny that Jacob is a fictional character.

You have daydreams that you're a vampire.

You go to Edward/Jacob debates and shout "GO JACOB!" at the retards with vampire shirts. Even if they are approximately 11 years old.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 2:28 AM
when you're at a fencing meet score keeping, and u go crazy because a girl from the other team is named stephanie meyer...and you spend the rest of the ten hour meet jumping up and down because you can't wait to tell someone who will get it. no one does...*runs to call best friend fencing girl who graduated last year and turned me on to twilight (she's a simmer too, yay!)*