Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:10 PM
Wow John my word i think i can see this featured, hahaha wow i can't wait to kill my sims.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 12:31 PM Last edited by JohnBrehaut1 : 10th Jan 2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Forgot Pictures.
Ok, i have 2 main problems. #1 is that the names of the sims in the Kill a Sim menu are doubled up, but both do the same thing (Kill a Sim), but the Fight a Sim one isn't anywhere. #2 is that when the sim Commit's Suicide, after the hunger death anim is done, the sim goes to a pose (i think it is the fireplace poking anim, but only stays at one frame) right next to the stand. But for the Kill a Sim function, this does not happen. I am not sure what is causing this, Can anyone help ?

I have attached images of the death for commit suicide (the problem) and the death from the kill a sim.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:03 AM
Hey John, I've been working on making me and my friends look like Arnold Swartsinager so this download should help me out alot. It will be like, one of his fight to the death movies or war movies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 1:29 PM
I think i just found the awnser to why the fight a sim ones were linking to the kill a sim interation. In the guardian bhav, i think it's called "add string" or something, was linking to the "Kill a Sim.../$object" in the text lists, instead of the "Fight a Sim.../$object"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 2:13 PM
Smonaff, For the "Fight a Sim" interaction, it seems to go the way the "kill a sim" interaction goes in the social object. Instead of going to "Expression (My motive Fun += literal 0x032)" it goes to "Kill Sim". I was thinking, that i could just clone the social object, give it a new guid and replace the kill sim node with the gain fun expression, but if i can get the way you told me, to work, it will be simpler and a smaller file size. Any ideas ?
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
The best approach may be to add 2 seperate Interaction - Person A and Interaction - Person B BHAVs to the social object for handling the "Fight a Sim" interaction and then add 2 additional interactions to the social's Pie Menu Functions and set the guardian BHAVs to point to the new BHAVs. And in the sword's "Fight a Sim" BHAV set it so that when it calls the Launch Social BHAV it passes the indexes for the new Pie Menu Functions via Params 1 and 2 since those to params determine which TTAB indexes will be pushed in the social object.

Example:
Social - Launch Social (3 args:
Param 0x0000,
Literal 0x0002, <---Index For Person A Interaction
Literal 0x0003 <---Index For Person B Interaction
)

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 2:11 AM
Oh ok, i will try that out, Thank You once again
Page 2 of 2