Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9451 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:24 AM
I can't be trusted on this subject because I can't remember numbers or do simple arithmetic, but teen River Land, getting grossly overpaid by Junior Mann to work part time at the General Store, got an "earned $10K" memory, which would hardly have been the case in the time frame available unless he was getting the money paid to him when sims visited the General Store in addition to the money he got when he went to work in the evenings. Even if the "earn" memories are based on money earned by the household, his parents have never rolled any skill wants and therefore have never gotten promotions in their low-level full-time jobs, and none of the other children have done anything to earn money at all. And it always seemed to me, during this period, that the Lands would be a lot richer than I'd left them, every time I entered the lot.

There seems to be no reason for money not to accrue to them in the same way that they build badges at this time - River has gold Sales and Cashier badges, and a Silver in restocking, even though I seldom had Junior call him in when I was playing the business, unless he got overwhelmed running it by himself. Similarly, the only other teen I've had work for a prolonged period in an owned business, got badges in Styling, Cashiering, and Sales, even though her employer's family was big enough that she was never called in to work when the business was active; and she not only had lots of "earned" memories, she was constantly platinum from badge and money acquisition wants getting filled between rotations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9452 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:30 PM
Default Hood Replacer gets on my nerves...
I can't seem to do what I want to do using this program, and it drives me nuts.
I have 2 maps. one that has the proper elevation to place beach lots, and one that is too high to place them..but has all the roads and 'Hood deco i want.
I tried to copy roads & 'Hood deco/trees from one to the other.
It changes the elevation..so basically, i end up with 2 maps that are too high. Kind of frustrating.
Is there anything i can do, beside starting over..again?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9453 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I can't seem to do what I want to do using this program, and it drives me nuts.
I have 2 maps. one that has the proper elevation to place beach lots, and one that is too high to place them..but has all the roads and 'Hood deco i want.
I tried to copy roads & 'Hood deco/trees from one to the other.
It changes the elevation..so basically, i end up with 2 maps that are too high. Kind of frustrating.
Is there anything i can do, beside starting over..again?

The hood replacer replaces the terrain no matter what. The road/trees option is more 'shall I copy them across (along with the terrain) or shall I not?' IYSWIM. Try it the other way about - copy the terrain you want over to the neighbourhood with the right road layout (this time not copying the roads/trees).

Failing that, you could try lowering the terrain with the right roads using the in-game cheats.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9454 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:35 PM
Lowering the terrain in game won't get rid of the roads?
I think i know what is going on in fact now that i doubled checked. My map with the proper elevation is not totally the same as the other one. I tried what you said, trying the other way around. not working..because the proper map is bigger..so my roads end up in the middle, in the water. (my map is a donut shape, and the inner circle is wider in one map.)

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9455 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:39 PM
Ah right, doesn't change the road elevation. oh well.

If you have the map in SC4 Terrains and SC4 itself, you could try sticking it back into SC4 and lowering it that way.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9456 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:44 PM
Oh I do have all my tries still, but my roads would then be deleted and I'd have to start over! I have both maps..the one with proper elevation has no roads yet, in SC4..and i doubt I can replicate them.
I am now, trying to lower the terrain using modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on, but can't find the keys..lol oh well. thank you.

Alchemist
#9457 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:16 PM
pool floor/wall cover feature; does any kind of floor/wall cover work? or only "miscellaneous" sub-category?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9458 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:41 PM
Anything you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9459 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:37 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the sun-direction on an existing lot? I feel like I read about a way to fix it, but no idea where or who by.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9460 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:29 AM
A few questions:

1. How exactly does Pescado's sleep-clock work? I had my Sim set the wake-up time and notification, and she got the popup saying that her sleep time was in less than an hour, but she never went to bed. Did I forget something?

2. What exactly does learning to study and helping with homework do? I'd check the prima guide but I forgot what EP it came in.

3. Is there any sort of sense to who gets the "found magical lamp" memory? An infant just got the memory! (I thought it had to do with high LTA or hobby enthusiasm, neither of which he has.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9461 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:37 AM
2. Once the child fills the learn to study meter they will be able to do the homework by themselves faster. They also get the memory of it and who taught them to study. Definitely worth while, I have every child learn to study asap.

3. It's most often infants and toddlers who receive one, I think it's a game bug.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9462 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:39 AM
Help with Homework is base game. If a Sim has been helped through a complete homework (or the equivalent; I don't think it has to be done in one sitting), they're able to do their homework much faster thereafter.

I've had infants with the lamp memory, too. The only thing I can think of is that someone in the household has to have a high enough hobby enthusiasm to trigger a visit from the gypsy, but the memory is assigned randomly - although she's showed up at households where nobody has much in the way of hobby skills, so maybe it was meant to be enthusiasm-based but wound up random.

ETA: Ninja'd by Jo!
Mad Poster
#9463 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
You'll be amazed at how much easier homework is to get through once they've learned to study.

It seems to me that the lamp must go to the highest numbered sim on the lot, rather than to the one who actually earned it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9464 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:33 AM
One of these days I'm going to fix the Sim selection for magic lamp, make it go for adults if there are any around.

Mad Poster
#9465 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:37 AM
Good idea. For now, I just plan to copy over the memory to another Sim.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9466 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:27 AM
After a mishap involving still-another-weird-way-to-corrupt-a-hood way back (forgot what number corruption instance that was!), I am wary of controllers. This one, though, I think is safe to remove, right? I don't see why you couldn't. While this seems to work for some people here and I thought they had all EPs and SPs, it doesn't work for me. All it does is produce lots of squiggly lines ... probably because Sims are trying to find something that isn't there or they can't comprehend is working properly. (I have this situation with another modded object based on the fingerprint scanner. The creator warned everyone this could happen way back, and people have used it for years with no problem.) I've already replaced the hood with a backup, just in case. That is what test hoods are for.

http://modthesims.info/d/487978

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#9467 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the sun-direction on an existing lot? I feel like I read about a way to fix it, but no idea where or who by.

I just tried to do this, but of course can't remember how. Too easy. Let me try to find it ...

This one? http://modthesims.info/t/325634 (But that refers to lot imposters, not the lot in live mode.)

Or? This one might be more of what you want:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8076.0.html

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#9468 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:01 PM
I'm tired of having my game in Frenglish and would like to have my game in French.
After searching high and low for a tutorial to how to translate objects and mods, I found nothing worthwhile. I just know it's related to text strings.
Does such a thing exist?
Mad Poster
#9469 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A few questions:

1. How exactly does Pescado's sleep-clock work? I had my Sim set the wake-up time and notification, and she got the popup saying that her sleep time was in less than an hour, but she never went to bed. Did I forget something?

If you want the clock to force the sim to go to bed at a certain time, set Bed Time to "on." If you want it to override and queue-stomp whatever your sim is doing and make them GO TO BED THIS INSTANT NO MATTER WHAT!!! at the set time, set it to "max."

I leave Bed Time turned off because my sims aren't guaranteed to be that tired when their scheduled bed time arrives. If I do need them to go to bed right now, I use macro > go to bed to do it (requires the Macrotastics mod).

Regarding the genie lamp - I once had a cook at a University dorm get the genie lamp memory.
Instructor
#9470 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:38 PM
Is it possible to build a hostel in a vacation subhood? I want my sims to share rooms like you would - I have a theory that so long as there are multiple doors all leading to the same room, your family would select one of the doors and would then share the room with multiple sims who also rent the room...but I don't know if that would confuse the coding and make the room disappear when rented by a tourist. OR - rent a room, but have a communal sleeping space elsewhere on the lot.

I suppose this would also apply to sharing dorm rooms too.
Forum Resident
#9471 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
Is it possible to run two separate hoods that will eventually (not now) become neighborhood/downtown to each other?

I have an isolated island neighborhood that has grown to about 70 Sims. I don't want these Sims to mingle with any other Sims (neither townies nor playables). Eventually, I want them to find their way to civilization -- or maybe civilization will find them. At that point -- but no sooner -- I'd like them to be able to visit the other neighborhood as a downtown. In the meantime, I'd like to play that downtown as a separate hood from my island neighborhood.

Can this be done in one game? If not, can this be done in two games and then later merge both hoods and all the Sims into one game?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Top Secret Researcher
#9472 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Is it possible to run two separate hoods that will eventually (not now) become neighborhood/downtown to each other?

I have an isolated island neighborhood that has grown to about 70 Sims. I don't want these Sims to mingle with any other Sims (neither townies nor playables). Eventually, I want them to find their way to civilization -- or maybe civilization will find them. At that point -- but no sooner -- I'd like them to be able to visit the other neighborhood as a downtown. In the meantime, I'd like to play that downtown as a separate hood from my island neighborhood.

Can this be done in one game? If not, can this be done in two games and then later merge both hoods and all the Sims into one game?

I think that you could do it in one game if you use the Visitor Controller. Not easy though.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#9473 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:24 PM
I'm fairly certain that running two 'hoods and merging them later isn't possible - even if it were possible, sims might have the same IDs in different games and that would cause all sorts of pain and corruption. However, you could clone sims from the one 'hood and bring those copies of sims into the other, and put copies of their (unoccupied) houses and into the lot bin, and use the same terrain or hood replace to get the same map as the old 'hood.

Personally, I'd find that to be a pain, and I'd try to do it within one game. I'd add the downtown to the current 'hood, and then use TwoJeffs visitor controller and the colour keys from Simlogical http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm I'd give all the isolated sims a key and ban them from all the downtown lots and a different colour key to ban the downtown residents from the isolated 'hood. I'd then have the isolated sims ignore or turn down any calls that offer them group outings, as those always go to downtown community lots.
Mad Poster
#9474 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:26 PM
Can you use AGS? You can make an empty hood without any templates attached (not just empty, but not there), change it into a subhood of some type, build your civilization, play it alternately with your existing island; then, when you're ready to merge them, move (or copy; but see below) the AGS hood to the appropriate TSData/Res folder in Programs, and add it to the island. This is how custom shareable subhoods are created.

Bear in mind that if you want to keep the hood in AGS as well as having the copy in the program files, you'll need to copy one of them to a location outside of any Sims2 files and change the Hood ID numbers everywhere they occur. Maybe give it a new unique instance number, too, to be safe. The game does not like having the exact same neighborhood in a playable game as a full hood and in a Neighborhood Templates folder. I've wrecked Bigg City a couple of times forgetting that!

Mad Poster
#9475 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'm tired of having my game in Frenglish and would like to have my game in French.
After searching high and low for a tutorial to how to translate objects and mods, I found nothing worthwhile. I just know it's related to text strings.
Does such a thing exist?

I don't know of a tutorial, but it's fairly easy. There are four areas you need to translate, though not all objects/mods will have all four. Catalog description, pie menu strings, action strings and dialogs. Action strings and dialogs are found under text lists. They can be confusing, because the exact names of the resources vary between objects, but most of the time they have the words dialog and action in their name. If you are unsure, go over the lists in text strings and see if any contain text you recognize from in game.

Catalog description is exactly what it sounds like, the description you'll see in buy/build catalog. It's only necessary to edit it if it's something you actually see in the catalog. Pie menu strings is the text used by the pie menu. Action strings are also the text used by pie menus, but it's text that only appears if called on by the interactions guardian bhav. It may or may not overwrite the text in the pie menu strings, depends on setup. But either way if there are action strings around, you need to translate them. Dialogs are text used in pop-ups and dialogs, like chance cards and carpool/schoolbus notifications.

When you view these things in SimPE, there's a dropdown menu for language. Each version of these resources can simultaneously hold text for each language the game is available in, and the game will use the correct one based on installation language. English is default, so if there is no string in your language it will use the english default. If there is a string in your language, then it will use that one. So to edit, use drop down menu to select your language. If you tick "Reveal default language for comparison" you can see the default text on the right, to help you remember what each line is when you translate.

Page 379 of 1338