Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9426 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
*prays that replying works correctly this time* I have that in-game. So do I just not sign the kids up for Flexi school and just let them attend school regularly? (except for the teacher's kids. that would make little sense)

I think so - it's ages since I did it.

I send the teacher/headteacher off to the owned community lot in the morning and any kids he/she has go off by bus. The kids go off at 8am as usual, the teacher usually goes off at 8.30-ish. When school starts, it drags his/her kid in along with all the rest ('cos their kids have a token). I'm fine with it that way.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9427 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Are there any other households in the apartment? Have them go visit your Sims, and use the apartment building cheats to steal the photos and furniture. Then when you get your family out of limbo you can have them gift it back. I've done this before.

There wasn't no. I did think of that myself, tried adding a neighbour and visiting them to try and steal, but couldn't do anything and I didn't think cheats would help. But good to know that cheats can be used to steal from neighbours, in case this happens again I used the instructions by lili975 to extract the photo they had, everything else can be fixed with cheats and modded objects So that situation is solved for now. Now to deal with that makeover-immune downtown duplicate

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#9428 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think so - it's ages since I did it.

I send the teacher/headteacher off to the owned community lot in the morning and any kids he/she has go off by bus. The kids go off at 8am as usual, the teacher usually goes off at 8.30-ish. When school starts, it drags his/her kid in along with all the rest ('cos their kids have a token). I'm fine with it that way.
And that's the set up I'm looking for! I just needed to be sure. Thank you!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#9429 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM
Does anyone else have any problems with Create-a-Sim showing the wrong thumbnails? I'll be creating a female adult, and it'll show thumbnails of male children. Shift+Click fixes the thumbnails temporarily but they keep getting messed up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9430 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:38 AM
Yes, happens to me all the time. No idea what triggers it, or how to prevent it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9431 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:21 AM
Thanks.

How close can an object be to a fireplace before it risks burning up?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#9432 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:23 AM
Right next to it. Just... Don't put anything on the tiles surrounding the fireplace.
Mad Poster
#9433 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:53 AM
Does anyone else have any problems with Create-a-Sim showing the wrong thumbnails? I'll be creating a female adult, and it'll show thumbnails of male children. Shift+Click fixes the thumbnails temporarily but they keep getting messed up.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, happens to me all the time. No idea what triggers it, or how to prevent it.

I create a lot of clothing, and start, shut, reload the game very often. This does not happen to me often, but when it does, deleting the CASThumbnails.package within the Thumbnails folder clears it up.
It will take more time to load your CAS images the next time you use it, especially if your game is packed with CAS cc's of all kind, but you'll be tranquil for a while.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#9434 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 2:20 AM
Yes, but it doesn't prevent it from happening again. Sometimes the next time I open CAS!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9435 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:21 AM
Thanks.

How close can an object be to a fireplace before it risks burning up?

I think Carrigon's forever burn fireplace suppresses the fires - I've had it forever and can't quite remember properly. I don't tend to have fires from fireplaces though (burnt pancakes, yes). Carrigon is putting her stuff back up but if you can't find it and want it, I can stick it up on SFS.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#9436 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, but it doesn't prevent it from happening again. Sometimes the next time I open CAS!

If you're talking about the thumbnails of sims in CAS, such as those made in body shop, and not the clothing/hair/etc in CAS, it's from deleting/removing those sims made in body shop. As far as I know, the only way to prevent it is not to move/delete sims out of saved sims/downloads.
Instructor
#9437 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:35 PM
Does anybody know if there's any difference between the DJ booth from NL e the one from FT? I was restyling a lot in Downtown and put the FT one because of the recolors, so I was wondering if there was any difference between the two of em...
Mad Poster
#9438 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
Does anybody know if there's any difference between the DJ booth from NL e the one from FT? I was restyling a lot in Downtown and put the FT one because of the recolors, so I was wondering if there was any difference between the two of em...

The FT one has dance contests.

Instructor
#9439 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:59 PM
The FT one has dance contests.
Cool, so in a Disco it would work anyway thanks a lot!
Mad Poster
#9440 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:50 PM
I never use the DJ booth that came with NL anymore. If you have FT, there just isn't any point in using the NL one.
Instructor
#9441 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I never use the DJ booth that came with NL anymore. If you have FT, there just isn't any point in using the NL one.
Uhm I'm not really into Free Time competitions and lots (I've deactivated the creation of the Subhood for years now) and honestly the Custom Recolors I found were just for the NL one, but I'll take in account that the FT booth has extra functions for future references
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9442 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:17 AM
You don't need the free time lots to hold dance contests, you can do that on your own lots, it makes a good item for an owned dance studio.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9443 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:38 AM
I don't use the FT hobby lots much either. I do use the DJ booths in nightclubs on ordinary community lots. When I first got FT, I replaced all the DJ booths in clubs that were already in the game with the FT booths.
Theorist
#9444 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Essa : 25th Sep 2017 at 2:41 PM.
My Fortune sim owns a business and has the want to earn 100 §. The want wasn't filled even if he was the cashier.
Is this normal behaviour ?
Mad Poster
#9445 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 12:59 PM
Normally, the only way most get that want to go away is to be in a job that has some kind of huge salary, and it's over the course of a lifetime.Owning a business won't do it, but selling it for a huge profit might..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#9446 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
My Fortune sim owns a business and has the want to earn 100 §. The want wasn't filled even if he was the cashier.
Is this normal behaviour ?

Is the Sim the owner of the business? I believe business revenue is supposed to be credited to the owner, rather than any specific employee.

If the Sim doesn't live in the same house as the owner, they will gain a salary (and be credited towards finance goals) by attending work when they are a playable.

If your Sim is neither the owner nor living in a different household to the owner, I don't know how to fix the problem. Sims 2 seems to think that fellow household members are free labour for some reason.
Mad Poster
#9447 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:24 PM
You can get it on investments and financial consulting.

Theorist
#9448 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Is the Sim the owner of the business? I believe business revenue is supposed to be credited to the owner, rather than any specific employee.

If the Sim doesn't live in the same house as the owner, they will gain a salary (and be credited towards finance goals) by attending work when they are a playable.

If your Sim is neither the owner nor living in a different household to the owner, I don't know how to fix the problem. Sims 2 seems to think that fellow household members are free labour for some reason.

Yes, he's the owner.
I thought that money related wants of business owners could be filled. It seems I was wrong.
Mad Poster
#9449 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:20 AM
Huh, that's odd. My Sims' "earn $whatever" were fulfilled by owned businesses. Maybe I'm using a hack that affects it.

Another question: If a Sim is running a business, and they hire another playable, do the wages they pay go to the other household's family funds? Or does the employee only receive money when playing their household?

Forum Resident
#9450 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:27 AM
Huh, that's odd. My Sims' "earn $whatever" were fulfilled by owned businesses. Maybe I'm using a hack that affects it.

Another question: If a Sim is running a business, and they hire another playable, do the wages they pay go to the other household's family funds? Or does the employee only receive money when playing their household?

It's been awhile since I had an employee/employer relationship in my game. As I recall ...
The money paid by the employer vanished into thin air.
Thankfully for the employee, they get a regular check every day (when you play them) that is usually quite a bit more than they'd get from their cheapskate employer -- at least that's how it works in my game.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Page 378 of 1339