Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:00 PM
Harder in the sims 3 to make the sim look pretty ?
so i remember when i got the sims 3 and i was really impressed my the graphics(Such as the water,wallpaper,objects ect..)but when i whent on create a sim i found it a bit to realistic and found it hard to make the sim look pretty without downloading a hell lot of hair and clothes.

do you think that the sims 3 whent a bit to real and lost abit of that kind of unreal world feeling?
I mean i dont disklike the sims 3 i just find that i can escape realty easyer in the sims 2.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:08 PM
I found it more difficult when I first started. The sliders are different and there's no overslidering without mods. However, after some time and practice, I can do just about as well in TS3 as TS2. It's not really harder, just not the same, so there's a learning curve. Keep trying.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I found it more difficult when I first started. The sliders are different and there's no overslidering without mods. However, after some time and practice, I can do just about as well in TS3 as TS2. It's not really harder, just not the same, so there's a learning curve. Keep trying.

lol i am always downloading new clothes and that for sims 3 and it is fun but hard at first *like ya sad XD* but i still keep making the lips to flat
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:42 PM
I'm good at making Sims pretty, but I can't make Sims unique at all. When I played TS2 I could easily make my selfsim
and other unique Sims, but now all of my Sims look like generic pudding.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:33 PM
Yes, it is harder, mainly because the sliders are different, and because in TS3 sims look way better in CAS than in game, imo, and in TS2 it was vice versa (seriously, the little flaws and disproportions visible in CAS were not so noticeable in game, at least to me). I have noticed, that all the features are exaggerated in game, so, if you make a sim's mouth slightly biggish but normal in CAS, it may look huge in game, for example. Luckily, I have Twalla's Master Controller to edit my sims in CAS if they turn out to look not good enough in game. My first TS3 sims were ugly monsters, but then I got a little practice, downloaded default replacements for skin and eyes, and I can make pretty sims now, though they still undergo several editions in CAS till I am satisfied with the result.
As for CC to make the sims look pretier, I don't think TS2 sims looked that good without "a hell lot of custom hair", as well as custom skins and eyes either. Maxis skins, eyes and hair were way too far from perfect. As for clothes, we have much beter clothes in TS3 than we had in TS2, I think. The clothes look more modern, and we can CAST it if we don't like the color/pattern.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
I'm good at making Sims pretty, but I can't make Sims unique at all. When I played TS2 I could easily make my selfsim
and other unique Sims, but now all of my Sims look like generic pudding.

I agree with HP, and with Looneh. I do feel that there is a narrower range of features that actually result in pretty sims in Sims 3, though it is difficult to track down just why this is the case. One thing is the way jawlines and cheekbones will look good from one angle but look like Skeletor from another angle. The way the face fills in between bone placement isn't really satisfactory in 3 dimensions. That said, with additional sliders and slider range, it feels like more is possible, but it is still a bit perplexing even after making 100s of sims.

Genetics also seem to push towards pudding, as can be seen in the challenge thread: Dilute the ugly genes. Sims 2 felt like more honest blending and 'take what nature gives you' than Sims 3.
Space Pony
#7 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 1:09 AM
I think it's easy to make my sims pretty...but i don't always want them to look pretty...so it isnt a major problem for me. But I found that if you go into the premade sims and choose certain guys, you can change them into girls and they'll look pretty good.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bchbch Walk
I think it's easy to make my sims pretty...but i don't always want them to look pretty...so it isnt a major problem for me. But I found that if you go into the premade sims and choose certain guys, you can change them into girls and they'll look pretty good.

Yeah, that's my trouble. I want some ugly looking sims without making them look like monsters, but it's really hard because their faces are all symmetrical. So, even Iqbal Alvi has some symmetrical beauty. Someones gonna blow on shit about how beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you gotta remember that the beholder is programmed to see beauty that way - it's a fact.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:25 PM
yeah
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:43 PM
Hmm, a seven year time gap. You miiiight wanna check the date of the previous post before you add an unnecessary 'yeah' (Basically the equivalent of the agree button), just saying..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:14 PM
Oh these new users sometimes.....
It's not that they're not welcome, but sometimes they consider themselves a little too welcome at first.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:44 PM
Someone called bigdiccrick created a profile just to post 'yeah' in a seven year old thread... that's probably the most pathetic spam attempt we've ever had on this forum!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
that's probably the most pathetic spam attempt we've ever had on this forum!

You're making this sound like what some might see as a challenge...bet many of us could be even more pathetic if we had the time and applied ourselves to the task.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 11:11 PM
Big Dicc Rick? What is this, Reddit?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Moldy old thread ... let's move it along