Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:14 AM
Default Help with Debug Enabler
Started playing TSM for the first time in a few years. Having trouble getting Rick's Debug Enabler working and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The game crashes right after the intro.
Currently I edited the Commands.ini and changed the value to "TestingCheatsEnabled=1"
My mods folder is in the program files/origin games/the sims medieval
the mods folder also has a packages folder where I have the debug enabler package stored.
I downloaded a resourcess.cfg file and also placed it the origin games/the sims medieval folder
And I have the d3dx9_31.dll file in the game/bin folder

I'm trying to run the debug enabler alone with no other mods. I tested Grim's Core just to see if it was a problem in my mod set up but it works just fine so I have no idea what I did wrong.
The game is an origin download so it should automatically be the most recent patch.
Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:56 AM Last edited by Veranna : 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:58 AM. Reason: Solved
Default Edited: Solved for patch 2.x
I got the answer that works for me.
@bluegenjutsu has an excellent post right here and apparently uses Grim's Core Mod which has effects of the debugenabler for TSM. I downloaded the version 2 and it's working great!

My older message is in spoiler below, just FYI.
---------------------------------------------------------------