Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 7:10 PM
i am new to all of this!
I have milkshape...Do i need sim PE????? What is SIM PE????????????

I seriously need help because i just dont get any of the tutorials...before, i just used to recolor stuff and like split stuff into skirts and all that on bodyshop....but i wanted to learn how to do this!

Help! I am so confused!
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#252 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 8:27 PM
Start with an actual tutorial.... there's two beginning tutorials for making outfits in the 'tutorials' section at the top of this section.
Instructor
#253 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 9:44 PM
Yes, this stuff isn't easy... I think I read Brianna's tutorial about 5 times before I understood any of it... then I read it about 3 more while walking through it until it really made sense. Once it clicks though, it's not too bad. Read everything you can, there's a ton of good info here.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 2:48 AM
where do you get milkshape

champions arn't made in gyms. champions are made by something deep inside them.a desire, a dream, a vision.they have to have last minuit stamina. they must be a little stronger, a little faster, they must have the skill and the will BUT THE WILL MUST BE STRONGER THAN THE SKILL.
Instructor
#255 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:42 AM
chUmbaLum sOft

Google is your friend you know... so is Search... :D

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Test Subject
#256 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 6:23 PM
I'm new here so I was wondering what the heck i'm doing wrong...I downloaded the mesh but dont know how to use it. Then I had downloaded a few items from this site but it was there. Then when I was trying to recolor i was saving but I didnt have the drop down option .bmp. Can someone please help me?
Test Subject
#257 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 6:27 PM
*wasnt there* Also, the items I downloaded are opening with Microsoft Works Word Processor
Test Subject
#258 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:11 AM
Default Nightlife Mesh bone assignment question
I have a problem editing a Nightlife mesh. I have edited countless meshes in the Sims 2 game without a problem. I only move vertices around since im editing obj. files which do'nt even have bones. The problem I have is the vertices are assigned to the wrong joints. I've tried downloading new versions of SimPE and milkshape. I've tried using SimPE classic. It must have something to do with nightlife files because it assignes the vertices the same way every time. I tried using the unimesh importer 4.05 and reassigning the vertices where I wanted them and it assignes some of them where I wanted but not others.
I really dont need to reassign vertices anyway, i just want to move them around. The telltale sign of my mesh is a perfect body with two long spikes coming out of each hand.Has anybody seen this before?
Thanks for any help.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#259 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 3:00 AM
Yes, we've seen problems with nightlife meshes. Did you get the *newest* simpe, they changed something specifically for meshes recently. Some people reported the problem happens when you fix integrity (which you must do of course), that some of the bone assignments were being ruined.

Meshtool is old, and nightlife meshes, in addition to at one point being damaged by SimPE itself, sometimes have *4* bone assignments instead of just *3*. One of the spots that has the 4th bone is the hand.

What I don't understand is why you had problems with unimesh. Adjusting the assignments should have produced a working mesh, wes has tested with nightlife meshes. I suggest you try again with unimesh (and post any problems and the name of the mesh you used in that thread).
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#260 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:57 AM
SoftballSim, this thread is about MESHTOOL. If you need general game/downloading help (which is sounds like you do) you need to go to the game help area (link at the top of the screen).
If you haven't managed to install custom content into your game, you're no where near ready to start creating any, take one step at a time.
Test Subject
#261 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:23 PM
Default Nightlife meshes
Thanks for the help Tiggerypum I was afraid there was a problem with the nightlife meshes. I didnt want to reassign vertices but I guess I'll have to. I will read a tutorial on the unimesh plugin and try again.
BTW the mesh is called kasa. I looked for a edited one in the downloads area but I didnt see one.
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: one meshtool thread is plenty
Page 11 of 11