Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:04 AM
Default There really should be more LGBTQ CC.
Like female tuxedos, pants with coloured handkerkchiefs in the back pocket, drag of all sorts, rainbow junk in general, and if someone felt so inclined, I suppose a whole leather-daddy clothing set. Just all sorts of odds and ends that I feel like I generally overlook but then when I need then, I can't find them.

And I'm really stressing the T part of this because I think it'd be interesting to play some transgender or transsexual or transwhatever sims and considering how long people have been modding for the Sims, you'd really think there would be more.
Or I do, at least.

Anyway, does anyone else have any opinions on this because I for one would like this stuff.

((On a side note, about half of the people on the official Sims 3 forums are fucking idiots. It's astonishing how many insensitive comments people will make on there when someone just mentions LGBTQ in passing and there's absolutely no admins or mods doing anything to mediate it. >:T))
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:07 AM
I was gonna say... do emphasise the T, because I'm B, and I could make a perfect self-sim from the CC currently available CC if I only I weren't crap at making sims .

It's a good idea. You have any concrete plans/designs you're planning on making? Or looking for an idea of where to start?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I was gonna say... do emphasise the T, because I'm B, and I could make a perfect self-sim from the CC currently available CC if I only I weren't crap at making sims .

It's a good idea. You have any concrete plans/designs you're planning on making? Or looking for an idea of where to start?

Yeah, I'm mostly just frustrated with the lack of trans content because it's essentially impossible to make proper Ftm or Mtf sims. Or I feel like it is at least.

And I've never done CC before but I'm heavily looking into taking it up at this point just because of all my frustration in this one particular area. I think there may be a huge learning curve for me though because although I'm kindasortamaybe an artist, coding gives me a headache.
I do have pretty solid ideas of what I'd like to see though. :V
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:14 AM
Daluved1 has done some great clothes for guys - dresses and heels and so on.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2093.html << example.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:42 AM
omegastarr82 has converted some female clothes for males for Sims 3. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1066235

Transgendersims has some feminine clothes for males for Sims 3 and has a lot more of them for Sims 2. http://www.transgendersims.com/news.php

http://www.kittyklan.com/ has some gay themed T'shirts and some tights that can be worn by men for Sims 3.

Nik Sim has converted some boys clothes for girls and vice versa. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2328952

I've converted base game toddlers clothes and hair for the opposite sex and I've also converted the children's base game clothes that Nik Sim didn't. I haven't uploaded them yet but I will soon.

Twallan's mastercontroller has an option to unlock all hair for both sexes and one to unlock body hair for females. He's also considering adding an option to unlock all toddlers and childrens clothes for both sexes.

I'll be watching this thread because (obviously :p) I'm interested in this too.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:35 AM
You don't need to do much coding to make CAS content. Both CTU and TSRW (the two tools used to make CAS stuff) are pretty user-friendly - the most "coding" you're likely to have to do involves tickboxes.

Sockpuppet
#7 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:47 PM
Long time ago i made a mod(fake neck) that closes the gap if a female outfit gets converted to male.
It allows you to simply convert any female outfit to male with a few clicks.
http://www.bloomsbase.net/index.php.../11-transgender
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 9:05 PM
Oh wow, all these links are really great. I can never seem to find these sites myself!
And I actually did stumble upon Omegastarr82's stuff on here awhile back, it's what actually got me interested in wanting to create trans sims, heh.
I just wish my current computer could handle the more involved mods like the sliders and especially the awesomemod because it can just barely handle running the base game with only a few downloads. Hopefully my new desktop will be coming next weekend and I'll be able to tinker with this stuff and maybe download some of the CAS creation programs while I'm at it.

Although, I think one of the things that kind of gets me is that a lot of the female clothes for males are so flashy, or at least all ones I'm able to download ATM. I don't think anyone spends their day to day life in gogo boots or platform heels. :P

Does anyone know if their are any hip/shoulder sliders that are compatible with Pets as well? Like, seriously, a lot of the sliders I've tried just go apeshit with Pets, it's horrifying.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:33 PM
I haven't seen problems with any sliders with Pets. What do you mean by 'going apeshit'? :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:46 PM
This site is wild, but useful to find a few sexy boy clothes--it's got some VERY mature stuff going on though on the side; you've been warned: http://thevirginsguidetoaqueerprophecy.com/

Speaking of Platform boots & gogo stuff...this woman makes some fierce leathers for crossgender sims: http://xxxkinkywiqxxx.blogspot.com/

And sexysims (VERY mature) has a little bit of bondage (not to mention other stuff *giggler* ) as well: http://www.sexysims2.com/index2.php?

And speaking of "other stuff": http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org.../adult_objects/

Back to PG:
A BIG issue I also find is nabbing unisex hairs. But I heard it's easy to just convert those from one gender to the other in CTU as well--I never tried it, but I heard that's how it's normally done.

I love Yaoi, too! AnK for LIFE!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:39 PM
Cmar: EA did something odd to the bones in what I think of as the "spine chain" - head, neck, upper and lower back. Sliders that modify those bones, like my neck thickness slider and some of jonha's body sliders, now cause distortion in apparently unrelated areas of the sim's body.

Many other sliders also cause minor distortion which can be fixed by tweaking the values, but sliders affecting those spinal bones are, so far, unfixable.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:48 AM
I completely agree, Yaoi! You'll find there is a decent amount of female clothing converted for males, but not a lot of male clothing converted for females. Or butch clothes for females in general. Also, in addition to trans stuff, I've had a hard time finding lesbian content. I've been looking for a CC strap on for female sims for awhile.

I know this isn't much but if you use the 'unlock outfits' cheat, you can give a female sim a tux by using the butler outfit. I've been on the lookout for CC tuxes for females—they have to be out there somewhere—but it's tough since there are like hunderds of sites for custom clothes for women, almost all of them super feminine.

Also, Coltraz made a Pride flag that you can find on his blog. It's probably one of my most used CC for decorating.

Like random.person mentioned, you can use Master Controller to unlock all hair for both genders and body hair for females. I also use MC to make all my sims gay using the Gender Preference function. (I play my game 100% queer; no heteros allowed, I get enough of them IRL. )

I'm trying to think of more links, but the ones posted above by murfee and random.person are pretty the only ones I've found. I'll update this post if I think of any others.

In addition to what you mentioned, I think it would also be nice to find romantic/erotic poses for same-sex couples, but I haven't come across any. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how poses work (which is entirely possible), the "couples" poses that exist specify certain poses to be for males and certain poses for females, and aren't interchangeable. I hope I'm wrong or that there's an easy way to convert them, which if that's the case, I'd be willing to learn.

And regarding the official forums, I know what you mean. I try to stay away from there unless I want my blood pressure to skyrocket. You'll find a lot of TS3 sites/communities are very heteronormative, heterosexist, or down right homophobic. Luckily, MTS isn't like that and you'll find there are quite a few LGBTQ users here. There is a forum specifically for LGBTIQ sim players but I can't find it in my bookmarks right now. It's not very active and might even be closing down though, if I remember correctly. There's also a group here on MTS called Just For Gays.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iggysaurus
(SNIP) In addition to what you mentioned, I think it would also be nice to find romantic/erotic poses for same-sex couples, but I haven't come across any. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how poses work (which is entirely possible), the "couples" poses that exist specify certain poses to be for males and certain poses for females, and aren't interchangeable. I hope I'm wrong or that there's an easy way to convert them, which if that's the case, I'd be willing to learn.(SNIP)

As far as using poses, my site partner uses them all the time to stage M2M encounters for his serials. I think the nomenclature of "male and female" poses is simply applied by hetero creators and has nothing to do with being gender specific. Examples of his uses of the poses can be found on our site which is very adult so I won't provide a link here. You can PM me if you're interested.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:41 PM
Thanks for the link to the pride flag, good to have in my game.

I have Twallan's story progression, where you can set "chance of gay sim" (I believe this is decided when children age into teenagers); make sure to change it because the default value is a very low 1%. I set it to 10% because I felt that was more realistic, but you could set it to 100%.

Here is one cc for women: facial hair for women
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#15 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 9:14 AM
[QUOTE=Iggysaurus]
In addition to what you mentioned, I think it would also be nice to find romantic/erotic poses for same-sex couples, but I haven't come across any. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how poses work (which is entirely possible), the "couples" poses that exist specify certain poses to be for males and certain poses for females, and aren't interchangeable. I hope I'm wrong or that there's an easy way to convert them, which if that's the case, I'd be willing to learn.

QUOTE]

Like Studio954 said, the poses are usually interchangable, but some of them do cause some weird stretching for the "female" poses depending on how muscle bound or big your sim is. I am TRYING to make some cool leather daddy type outfits for my blog, but so far it isn't going to well I find decor is much easier to make (thanks for the link to the gay pride flag, it is awesome) and I have a few Tattoos in mind as well, www.butchsims.blogspot.com it's a fairly small site for now, but I'm still learning new things everyday!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 7:01 PM
No offense, but there are tons of feminine clothing for males available. I think everyone here have posted the main ones, but I know there are couple more items hiding out in cyberspace. Unfortunately, the other side of "T" is poorly represented with the sim community. Does anyone know if there is any clothing for FTM or L Sims who don't like frilly things? Like baggy button ups, hoodies, baggy jeans, suits, ties, etc. Everything for women is so form fitting
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 7:11 PM
Do you have any actual links? We're in dire need.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 9:21 PM
If you're talking about outfits FTM and L sims, then yes we are in dire need and no, I have not found any content that covers that other than a suit for females that was overal meh.

If you are complaining about needing more clothing for the other side of "T", then -sigh- yes I have a few links. Hard Candy has some tasteful non-conversion clothing for MTF clothing. Is the community in dire need? I would say no
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iggysaurus
I completely agree, Yaoi! You'll find there is a decent amount of female clothing converted for males, but not a lot of male clothing converted for females. Or butch clothes for females in general. Also, in addition to trans stuff, I've had a hard time finding lesbian content. I've been looking for a CC strap on for female sims for awhile.

I agree that most female clothes are either very feminine or "old lady stuff". Even in lack of conversions one would expect some variety. I think Club Crymsim and similar sites have put out some "butchy" female items, but I can't think of any specific ones at the moment.
FtM-wise, as previously said, MasterController should provide some help, and additional sliders (shoulders, arms, legs, waist, etc) could also prove useful for talented simmers.

I could've sworn I had seen a strap-on at some site or another, but can't remember where. Maybe I'm mistaking it with Sims 2. The closest I can think of would be to maybe give the female sim in question a secondary sleeping outfit where she's using one of the recolorable penis meshes as an accessory, coupled with a belt. I have no idea how that would look, though.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:38 AM
Yes, I am going to be keeping on eye on this thread. I've only made one FTM sim and that was a hard task. I have a bunch of lovely MTF ladies, but I still enjoy getting new content for them, too.

I was disappointed when I saw GOS had a challenge for Gender-Bending sims content, but if I remember correctly it was Sims 2 only.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by random.person
omegastarr82 has converted some female clothes for males for Sims 3. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1066235

Transgendersims has some feminine clothes for males for Sims 3 and has a lot more of them for Sims 2. http://www.transgendersims.com/news.php

http://www.kittyklan.com/ has some gay themed T'shirts and some tights that can be worn by men for Sims 3.

Nik Sim has converted some boys clothes for girls and vice versa. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2328952

I've converted base game toddlers clothes and hair for the opposite sex and I've also converted the children's base game clothes that Nik Sim didn't. I haven't uploaded them yet but I will soon.

Twallan's mastercontroller has an option to unlock all hair for both sexes and one to unlock body hair for females. He's also considering adding an option to unlock all toddlers and childrens clothes for both sexes.

I'll be watching this thread because (obviously :p) I'm interested in this too.

While it's great that Nik has created TG clothing for little kids, it still doesn't help people like me who want her lesbian young adult to adult sims to be able to dress a little more butch.
#22 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:14 AM
I do agree with you, but I question what female tuxedos have to do with LGBTQetc. Not really seeing a connection there.

There should be more genderneutral stuff in general. Like why is it that I need a hack to get my guys to wear earrings in both ears?

And...is there a reason transgendersims seems locked? I tried to view the downloads and it said that I didn't have permission. Plus it's only mtf, which seems a bit one-sided.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:08 AM
^ You need to register to see the downloads
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I do agree with you, but I question what female tuxedos have to do with LGBTQetc. Not really seeing a connection there.

Female Tuxedos are for the L in LGBTQ. It is more of the more preferred iconic formal outfits over the traditional formal dress/role.

Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
There should be more genderneutral stuff in general. Like why is it that I need a hack to get my guys to wear earrings in both ears?

I've never have a problem with my guys sims having earrings in both ears. Now I really dont understand how THAT qualifies as genderneutral or if clothes being genderneutral is even an issue. Seems kind of "over the rim" to me.