Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:33 PM
Milkshape UV map question.
Now that I have figured out the UV mapping thingy in Milkshape, How do I get it into the Sims3 clothing file? What format or how do I export it? How do I get the game to see it?

Been trying to figure it out myself, But no luck. I've read everything I can find on here and the net.

I've been using TSR Workshop, Adobe Photoshop, and Milkshape.

I also have S3PE and CASPart Editor, But don't a whole lot about how to use them. Only simple things like importing files and saving to a package file.

Puzzled
Tim
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:58 PM
The uvmap is part of the mesh.
Its controls how the textures are applied on the shape.
If you make changes to it they will automaticly be saved when exporting the mesh.

If you want to export the uvmap to(for instance) use it as template for texturing you save the mesh as a m3ds file and open it with a uvmapper(lithunwrap)
From there you can export the uvmap as a bmp file that you can use as a template.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 11:04 PM
Ahh, That is why I couldn't figure it out. Makes sense now. Still a lot more learning to do...

Tim