Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Cannot find my SavedSims file.
I wasn't sure where on the site to post this, but this is becoming a huge problem.

I'm trying to download a celeb sim. I understand everything except when it said I had to place the file in my "savedsims" folder. I do not have a "SavedSims" folder in my documents/electronic arts/sims 3. I made a file myself and placed the sim in that and nothing happened.

Would someone PLEASE help me?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like everyone else is able to do this easy---except me. I'm having so many problems with downloading content too. Like skin tones and eyes and stuff. I've read all the tutorials and stuff. Still doesn't work. I'm so frustrated!!!!!

MEGS
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:12 AM
Can't get Downloads to Work on Game...NEED HELP!
OK, so all day I've been trying to download this celeb sim (Selena Gomez). I got her to come up in my game, but when I click on her the sim isn't Selena. I've downloaded all the extra stuff that the creator specified (skin, lips...etc) and it's not working. What am I doing wrong? I tried to go by the instructions and I have a Mods file with a Package file inside that...I've been placing all my .package files in my documents/electronic arts/sims 3/mods/packages. They don't seem to be working. As far as extracting the files, I use winRAR.

I'm extremely new at this so any help would be appreciated!

Also does anyone know where I can get those gorgeous lips Selena has (not the color, but the lips)?

Thanks

MEGS
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:15 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.
Packages don't go in My Documents - they go in Program Files. That's probably why nothing is working and the sim doesn't look like she should - she's not got any working custom content.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 8:37 PM
I must admit that i dont have a sims 3 folder in my program files. Maybe (Probably) im just to dumm to find it.
But still : What am I going to do now ?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 8:41 PM
niklasborck, please make your own Help thread so we can keep individual issues separate. But I assure you, unless you decided to change the install location (which you probably didn't) there must be a Sims 3 folder in Program Files.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:10 PM
Sorry that i post here again, but i figured out, why i couldnt find a Sims 3 folder in Programm Files. I´ve got a german Computer ! But thanks for helping me.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:00 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 23rd Feb 2010 at 7:13 AM. Reason: after merging threads
You can create the folder yourself, just make sure of the exact spelling like "SavedSims".

After creating this folder and placing the .sim file in it, where are you looking for the sim in-game? CAS pre-made Sim Bin? and it is not there? correct gender, age, body type?

If the Sim is created using sliders (that you do not have installed), either it will appear differently, not appear or it will crash your game.

Seems you're having problems installing CAS-related CC. How about other CC type?
Have you tried a simple buy-mode object? Does it appear?
And the framework is installed correctly - MonkeyBars Framework Installer tool give you a green and white check mark?

eta:
I see you've created a separate thread.
I've merged them as it's pertaining to get CC in game.

If you're able to get other CC in-game now, and this issue is only related to getting the right look for the Sim's lips, it does not belong in this Help forum.