Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM
beginner's problem in blender !HELP!
i've just started thinking bout meshing and so i still don't know how blender works...

i got it (2.49b ver.), installed python 2.6.2 too, then put these two plugin py files by morgade into the folder "blenderfoundation/blender/scripts".

i exracted a mesh with CTU, three simgeom files and one vpxy file came out. i thought i was doing great

then i opened blender, i tried to import simgeom.....where is SIMGEOM??? it's not in the list. oops....
what should i do?
i haven't even started meshing and i'm already stuck :/ did i create the folder in a wrong way?

i know it must be a simple thing to do, but i'm a real beginner and i have no idea what to do...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:47 PM
Okay, do you mean the import list, or the list of things to import? Like, can you find the option for import simgeom?

Oh wait, I don't think you've got them in the right folder. :C There's a blender video tutorial that shows you how to do this if I can find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:58 PM
i mean, i cannot find the option to import simgeom file...if i go to "import" there isn't simgeom among the other types.

i don't know what i did wrong or what i should do
maybe the folder was wrong?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:04 PM
Are you referring to Kolipoki's tutorial: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZXFMHSAH

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Are you referring to Kolipoki's tutorial: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZXFMHSAH

i got the file and saw what to do in order to see the option.
i tried and it worked.

i'm sure i will have more questions later when i start meshing, though

thanks!!