Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:44 AM
Help with clothing and uni tool
Hi I really hope this is not a dumb question what I have been trying to do using a bikini bottom is make some skinny jeans by using the jean texture of the jeans in game now I have had it work to a point where they look great very sexy lol but what I'm having probs working out is well I'll use sims 2 terms because its the best way I can describe my problem is I don't know how to replace the bump map part of the texture like what key is it when I make the jeans I replace the multiplier and the mask but the tie sort of appears in texture its hard to explain besides this I want the jeans to have there proper texture so can we do that and if so how do I do that
thanks in advance
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Bec~
Hi I really hope this is not a dumb question what I have been trying to do using a bikini bottom is make some skinny jeans by using the jean texture of the jeans in game now I have had it work to a point where they look great very sexy lol but what I'm having probs working out is well I'll use sims 2 terms because its the best way I can describe my problem is I don't know how to replace the bump map part of the texture like what key is it when I make the jeans I replace the multiplier and the mask but the tie sort of appears in texture its hard to explain besides this I want the jeans to have there proper texture so can we do that and if so how do I do that
thanks in advance

The "bump map" is now called "Clothing Specular". You edit and replace it the same way you do the texture (or "Multiplier"). It's just a few lines above it in the UNITOOL.

Make note, though, the file type is DTX1, not DTX5, as there is no Alpha channel.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:57 AM
@MaclimesZero
Make note, though, the file type is DTX1, not DTX5, as there is no Alpha channel.

What happen if we save to DTX5, not DTX1 for Mask and Clothing Specular?
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
@MaclimesZero

What happen if we save to DTX5, not DTX1 for Mask and Clothing Specular?

No idea. In an ideal world, the game would just ignore the Alpha channel. I suspect, though, that it would crap out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:39 AM
Ok, I have replaced the Clothing Specular with the "bump map" but the ties still show.

what am I doing wrong
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:30 AM
Celebriton, Nothing would happen except you'd use up more space.

Bec: What did you replace the specular with?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:54 AM
I made a cloth with the specular map. And it doesn't look so good as in TS2. It's look like TS3 ignore the bump mapping, or never show the bump mapping in the world game (outside CAS).

I set the highest setting in graphic option. The texture quality is bad especially the dark skin, and the bump mapping don't work either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:56 AM
I replace the specular with the bikini texture with no alpha (altered of course)
the 00B2D882_00000000_1FB8E0DD43C4E723.dds

I don't know if this is right but when I did nothing but edit the texture with the alpha I had the ties showing so I assumed I had to alter that texture too
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM
Try replacing the specular with a totally black image in all channels. You can also try "GlobalTextures\Objects\defaultBlackSpecular.tga"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM
ok I did that and I think its better but not all gone
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:12 PM
ok just tried to use the same texture on the brief boyshorts this is what I get
same thing just with the bow of the undies instead

please excuse my texture it needs to be fixed I know but it was a quick slap on a texture and see what happens
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:14 PM
You sure thats a bump map and not part of the actual mesh? You never know.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:21 PM
Yeah thats prob the issue I was just hoping not at least we all know now thankyou very much for all your help
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
You sure thats a bump map and not part of the actual mesh? You never know.

I don't think it is. I seem to be having the same problem with a t-shirt I'm playing around with.

The neck looks wierd because I was trying to change it into a normal round neck. That doesn't seem to be possible though, as that's how the mesh was made. You can see that the actual cut around the neck is way too sharp to have been done in the texture. I'm very sad about this.

However, I did completely remove all traces of the seam across the chest and back, and the edge around the v-neck. Both in the Multiplier and the Clothing Specular textures. But for some reason they still show up in the game.

So I'm wondering, is this an issue with the CTU, in that it doesn't properly replace the specular texture? Or is there another texture somewhere, a bump map, that we don't have access to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
well I don't know I used afbottombriefs and manged to get it to work

now all I have to do is try to get the jeans texture on to give it details
I was certain the bikini I used would be easy to edit but I was wrong and infact the ties were part of the mesh even though they didnt look like it so maybe try to edit something different
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:17 AM
ok I hate to bring this up again but
just to go over what I'm trying to do
using the extracted textures of a pair of ts3 jeans and putting them on some ts3 briefs so they are skinny jeans
now I found some briefs that have no ties or any bows so now thats great I have nothing showing through but to not have the shape of the bikini showing through I blacked out the briefs texture with no alpha and it worked but now what I am trying to do is using the jeans texture with no alpha is put it on the briefs texture with no alpha to get proper details on the jeans now I have confirmed that I am using the correct jeans texture by looking at the clothing specular key for the jeans after altering the jeans texture with no alpha to suit I replaced the briefs clothing specular with the jeans texture now I've gone in game all excited but the jeans have not changed at all so I don't know why blacking it out works but using a different texture dosen't so basically my problem is still a problem