Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 2:07 PM
Can this be used for pet meshes, too?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skeets
Can this be used for pet meshes, too?

Good question! For heads, probably. For bodies, maybe, although there are regular bodies and collar bodies, etc. as I recall. For tails, again there's more than one tail mesh, at least for dogs. Also, not all pet meshes have vertex ID numbers so you might have to do a default replacement depending on what you want to modify. Best thing would be to experiment!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 9:12 PM
I can't understand, what should i use to create slider for accessory for pets? how to put slider to pet head (for example) category? morph maker does not contains such category =(
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 9:58 PM
Yeah, there's currently no tool to make it easy. You can make the BGEOs in Mesh Toolkit, make the slider in MorphMaker, and use S3PE to adjust the categories with the information here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=477927

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Cat_Kira : 13th Jun 2013 at 9:52 AM.
CmarNYC
thank you! it is what i need =)

UPD: well, i have added slider to ear panel...but it does not work with my accessory... is it a problem of slider or of game? how can i check it?
Or may be i should set something to right side action field in Blend Unit Editor?
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:07 AM
I am having a very hard time with the first step, extracting with Postal and then importing into Milkshape. I have never done any modding before so an in depth explanation would be appreciated, thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#82 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
To extract a mesh, use s3pe: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=19.0

1. Make a copy of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package (or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0.package on a 32-bit system) in a work folder.
2. Open the copy of FullBuild0.package with s3pe. Make sure both Display [] Names [] Tags are checked in the bottom section.
3. Click the Name column to alphabetize by name. Find (for example) afFace_lod0_2. This is the highest detail mesh of the adult female face. (afFace_lod0, afFace_lod0_1, and afFace_lod0_3 are the eyelashes, eyeballs, and teeth.)
4. Right-click and export to file.

b = baby
p = preschool/toddler
c = child
t = teen
y = young adult
a = adult
e = elder

m = male
f = female
u = unisex

Therefore, afFace = adult female face, ymFace = young adult male face, puFace = toddler unisex face, etc.

lod0 = highest detail
lod1 = high detail
lod2 = medium detail
lod3 = low detail

For faces, lod0 and lod1 will usually be all you need to modify since lod2 and lod3 are only seen from far enough away that morphs won't be visible. For large-scale morphs you might want to include lod2.

To import to and export from Milkshape, use Wes Howe's plugins: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=357403

Installation instructions are in the text file for that download. Despite what the instructions say, you don't need to have the .skcon file - the importer will use a default skeleton which works just fine.

Page 4 of 4