Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartment Life post-Installing update issues
I'm trying to reinstall all of sims 2 on my laptop and I'm just having the worst trouble in the world with Apartment Life. I've tried to install it at least 8 times, but every time I reach the updating point and I get the same error every time. It'll check to see if I'm up to date then it will move on to patch Apartment Life, then it will pop up with "error during update install, try uninstalling and reinstalling apartment life- blah blah blah"
I have a patch from sims vip that works, but I can't use the patch with out installing the game first, but I can't complete the installation without patching first, so I'm just really stuck and I need help. I'm about to try uninstalling mansion and garden stuff and then try and install apartment life first to see if doing it in order might help, but I'll be totally lost if that doesn't work. Apartment Life is my fave ep, so I really hope someone can help me.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 1:17 PM
You could try a manual install - there are instructions on the web somewhere - it used to be a common way to deal with installation problems. I don't know if Grumpy Loader would help with something like this. If it's trying to update, it's probably trying to contact the now non-existant web support for the game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:03 PM
Yeah, use GrumpyLoader, that should fix it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:51 PM
The problem was that I needed to install and patch apartment life before installing mansion and garden stuff. thank you all <3