Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:32 PM
Sims4 Build mods
I was wondering why I can't find mods that make the game much more entertaining in crafting and building.

Allow me to explain.

The game is great and the modding community is great as well, but I seem to be missing things, something is missing.
The Sims 4 offer a LOT of options, but are those options actually being exploited by users ? no, the game offers options but doesn't offer ways to use those options.

For example:
We can build a rocket, but that's practically the only thing we can build, I have never seen a mod that would allow building any other objects.
Now I am aware that this would mean making a mod with meshes and it would take a while, but how long the game is out ?
Several years and no one actually came up with making a mod that would allow our beloved sims to build more ?

For example building a turret that would occasionally shoot snowballs, water balloons or something funny at passerby sims ?

The career stuff offer many new objects, among them is a smart invention robot, a cloning pod, a portal device.
I'm surprised modders didn't take advantage of this.

All I really see going is hair mods, clothes mods and erotic mods.

I started learning IT development only recently and am intent on learning to do some modding myself and maybe I'll learn how to do stuff for Sims4 as well, because I think players deserve to have more fun in this game than it offers by default.

I'd like to make my sims use the rocket science skill to build robots like they build rockets, to build more machines and stuff.
It's there, and it allows it, clearly, so I was wondering why are there no mods using all that great stuff.

It's actually strange that there aren't anything like it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:31 PM
Not strange you talking about very complicated work, not only you got to make it,but then there's the work on maintaining it patch after patch, I can't see too much interesting coming right now, with Pet's around the corner, it more a good idea to wait to see it break possibility every existing mod first.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:08 AM Last edited by GrumpySuzy : 9th Oct 2017 at 5:20 AM.
!?!!! I think for specific items like "a turret that would occasionally shoot snowballs, water balloons or something funny at passerby sims", you probably have to create it yourself = mesh + animation, because we have our own preferences of things we desperately need in the game. But other modders have always strived to create a lot of new things, for example, Andrew over at Sims 4 Studio made Craftables so we can craft many different items including custom objects, or Necrodog has persistently published new objects with new animations like cigar and smoking, swing and pool for toddler, zip line, animated train...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:21 PM
I'll look into all that, looks interesting to start working on it myself.
I also am fully aware of how much work it could mean. Textures and meshes for one can take a few weeks for each part depending on how much a person has free time to do anything really.