Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 1:30 PM
Default Sims package identification
I have Sims package files for all incarnations of The Sims.

Sometimes I find one on the hard drive that is just it's name, an 'XYZ'.package file.

How can I tell if I have a Sims 1-2-3-4 package file ??? and which Sims-x it belongs to? I now have Sims 2,3, and 4 on the same computer.

How can I tell the packages apart by its proper Sims-version?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:32 AM
If you have SimPE for Sims 2, open each unknown package file one at a time. If SimPE throws an error, the the package you tried isn't for The Sims 2. Rinse and repeat for each file until they are all tried. Place those that work for The Sims 2 into a folder for the files that were successful. Then go back to the list of unknown files to open in a program that reads package files in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.

That's my only recommendation. There's no way to read a package file just by looking at them without opening them. Sorry, but you'll have to put in the work to organize those files without shortcuts.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!