Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#776 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 1:34 AM
My vote is to B also THANK YOU for all of the work you had to do <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#777 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:21 PM
OK. The majority seems to like Option B so I'll go for that.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#778 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 4:17 PM
Phew, I'm done with Storytelling. Now, Emerald Heights only needs an upload thread and it's ready to go.

I hope the pictures for the neighborhood story are OK.
If you think I should replace one picture, please let me know so I can re-do that picture.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#779 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:56 PM
Ooh, this looks awesome!! I'm so excited for the neighborhood to be uploaded!

Jawusa, thanks so much for all of your hard work!!
Trainee Moderator
#780 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
This is the latest (and hopefully the final) version of Emerald Heights.

Yeah, I still have to find a way to upload it as one file and not split like this... Sorry!
To extract it, download all parts and after downloading the files, remove "MTS_Jawusa_XXXX_" from the file name, so it's EH01 V13
Then you can select the file and choose "Extract file". I'm not sure whether other unzipping tools can be used but for safety reasons, I'd use WinRAR to unzip the file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  EH01 V13.part1.rar (26.00 MB, 31 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  EH01 V13.part2.rar (26.00 MB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  EH01 V13.part3.rar (6.63 MB, 32 downloads) - View custom content

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#781 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 8:17 AM Last edited by Ovenhole : 8th Feb 2017 at 1:33 PM.
I'm having an issue with the Steele family's lot, played as a regular home. The mailbox has been moved to the edge of the lot and when the son came home from school, he wouldn't get out of the school bus, which didn't leave either. I eventually summoned him with testing cheats to the mailbox where he appeared invisible, used the Batbox to make him visible and then forced an error on him, which made his sister appear as well.

There was no issue with the parents either leaving for work or returning home. I use TwoJeff's School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework hack, which makes sims walk to the mailbox before checking for school friends and homework, so that might cause the problem. Not willing to remove that one though.

My best guess on how to fix this would be to turn the lot into an apartment building - it already looks like it's meant to be played that way - but I'd rather play it as an abandoned warehouse the family is hiding their stolen goods in, and noisy neighbors don't fit with that theme. Any ideas? I'll try moving the mailbox to see if it helps. Worst case I'd bulldoze the lot and rebuild it, the family has enough money.

edit: Okay, the solution turned out to be slightly less interesting than a hack conflict. After observing the school bus again I noticed that the street lanterns were blocking the exit. Removing those allowed the kids to leave.
Mad Poster
#782 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:28 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 15th Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM.
Thank you for all the hard work, @Jawusa! I'll have a look at these ASAP!

TBH, the only way I can think of to host the neighborhood in one full zip would be to use an external file sharing website. (Though, I'm not sure how that would work with MTS's rules and upload system and all...)

ETA: Ok, here are a few things I've noticed:

-In Story Mode and household bio of the two Rotspatz boys, Isaiah is referred to as 'her'. Should be corrected to 'his'.

-The Group Home bio has he words 'help her' repeated twice after each other.

-There seems to be a few issues with the other Rotspatz household (Isaac and Isaiah's):

-- The first one was when I let them walk to school the first thing I opened the lot and for some reason, when it struck 12 pm and when the welcome wagon came, both Isaac and Isaiah suddenly appeared beside the front porch, even though it's no even 1 pm... Not sure what caused that... :/ I'm planning on testing their lot by playing it for another day and to see how it goes if they go by bus this time, considering kids don't go to school their first day on the lot, as I have let them walk to school...

UPDATE: Ok, the next day went fine, no sudden spawning glitch or anything; they all came back by the bus.

-- The second one isn't really a major issue, but because the front porch is small, Rod Humble can't place his gift box on it, so instead, he places it on the tile directly in front of the stairs, blocking them. Not sure if this is even an issue, but I just thought it'd be better to mention nevertheless. (I added a picture as well.)

-At the Patch household, there a few walls with missing or mismatched wall finishes.

-Will add more once I find anything...

ETA2: That's about it so far for the households. I should probably send people around to the community lots now to see how's everything there.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#783 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Feb 2017 at 10:40 PM.
I know that there's an issue with households with no adult parents. The jumping bug is usually caused when the children get home from school and get an A+. The children search for a parent to cheer but because the Rotspatz boys don't have parents. This is the reason why the glitch appears; however, this mod can fix this problem. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#784 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 28th Feb 2017 at 5:25 PM.
This is the latest version of Emerald Heights with the bugs, which are listed above, fixed.

If I upload the neighborhood and the Storytelling folder separately, the file size won't be that big.
Right now, the neighborhood is 52 MB and the Storytelling folder is 9 MB.

52 MB isn't far from the file size limit (50 MB), and I think if @marka93 re-packs the neighborhood as a 7zip file, it might get less than 50 MB and we'll be able to upload Emerald Heights here on MTS.
Maybe it will also work as one file. (Neighborhood + Storytelling)

The neighborhood itself. http://simfil.es/186995/
The Storytelling folder. http://simfil.es/186996/

My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#785 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:29 PM
I eventually stuffed Polgannon into a less than 50MB zip in the end but I did look at linked rar files which can help you get round the problem too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#786 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 2:44 PM
Here you go @Jawusa and great work on this.

All in one with Storytelling folder at about 45 MB in size.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EH01.7z (43.84 MB, 30 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#787 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 28th Feb 2017 at 5:34 PM.
Thank you @marka93!

Let's test this version. I hope we don't encounter the same issues as we had with the previous 7zip file.
It was probably because the downloader extracted the 7zip file using a different tool, such as WinRAR. But maybe it could also be something else, which we haven't even thought of.

I remember someone having issues such as crashing lots (King's Business Complex, West Trade Winds Criminal Minds HQs, Joe's) upon loading and also missing sims (Sebastian Rafferty or more?).

@Jojoa777
@M.M.A.A.
You two had mentioned something like that if I recall correctly.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#788 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:38 PM
Ooh no!

I completely forgot about the empty version of Emerald Heights. I know that I've fixed a lot of bugs in almost every lot (bugs such as missing floors, wallpapers, or inaccessible objects...) and I can't remember each bug! It was such a long time ago.
What should I do now? :/

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#789 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:15 PM
We don't have to upload it at the same time and can take some time to play test it to make sure everything has been fixed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#790 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:46 AM
I can test it if you like extracting with WinRAR since I use it nowadays. I can't see why that should be a problem. It extracts stuff just fine for me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
#791 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 6th Mar 2017 at 9:54 PM.
I'm not really sure about that. Maybe it was just me who zipped it incorrectly with 7zip.

But in an earlier version of the neighborhood, there were missing sims and lots that crashed upon loading. However, this only happened to the 7zip version of the neighborhood.
The other (rar version) didn't have these issues.

Again, probably it's because I accidently chose an incompatible compression method and this could be the reason why it didn't extract well with WinRAR.
Marka93's version works well for me. Even if it's extracted with WInRAR.

Edit: OK. I've playtested each household for 5 sim days and no issues, other than some small things such as missing wallpaper, occured.
That implies that it was me who zipped the previous file incorrectly using 7zip. Marka93's version works just fine, even if it's extracted with WinRAR.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#792 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Thank you @marka93!

Let's test this version. I hope we don't encounter the same issues as we had with the previous 7zip file.
It was probably because the downloader extracted the 7zip file using a different tool, such as WinRAR. But maybe it could also be something else, which we haven't even thought of.

I remember someone having issues such as crashing lots (King's Business Complex, West Trade Winds Criminal Minds HQs, Joe's) upon loading and also missing sims (Sebastian Rafferty or more?).

@Jojoa777
@M.M.A.A.
You two had mentioned something like that if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I remember those as well. Hopefully, like you said, everything will work out fine now.

As for the empty version, don't worry, we'll manage that. Perhaps the delay could help encourage people to play and experience the inhabited version. Just to get a taste of both of them in the end.

And I can't believe that we're only a few steps away from completing this. Everyone worked very hard on this one. Especially you Jawusa! So, thank you! Thank you all! :lovestruc

P.S. I'll test out marka's latest version ASAP and see how it goes.
Trainee Moderator
#793 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:04 PM
Yes! :lovestruc Emerald Heights was such a huge project, it seemed to take forever to complete. But we finally did!

I think I've got a solution for the empty version.

How about moving all the lots of the inhabited version to the lot bin and replacing the old lots in the empty version of EH with the new ones from the bin?
The occupied 20 residential lots as well as the graveyard lot can't be moved of course but we could simply just unfurnish those lots in the empty version! Then, we wouldn't have to take care of inaccessible or unusable objects.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#794 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 1:33 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Mar 2017 at 8:13 PM.
I've playtested your version and it works great! I only found minor issues such as missing wallpaper and some inaccessible objects which I've fixed in the next version.
Could you please unzip this file and re-zip it using 7zip, just like you did before?

As a future note, I'll never use any online converters; they don't do it well. It's probably best if it's zipped directly using 7zip, just like as you did.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#795 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:21 PM
Just went into every lot that we had issues with before and checked them out and everything worked fine so far. No crashing and no missing Sebastian. Everything's fine.
Trainee Moderator
#796 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 7:56 PM
@marka93

Could you please download these two files, unzip them and re-zip them as 7zip files and upload them here? I'd be very grateful if you did.

http://simfil.es/191305/
http://simfil.es/191306/

The empty version of Emerald Heights is complete! I found some more issues which I've fixed in both versions. (The empty and the inhabited one).

Now, there's no difference between the two versions. All the lots are the same ones! Only the apartment lots are slightly different.
The ones in the empty version have all the units furnished, however the ones in the inhabited version only have that particular unit furnished which belongs to the family.

It took me three days to get the empty version finished. And while I was working on this, there was even an earthquake of a 4.4 magnitude.
The strange thing is that I didn't even feel the earthquake, even though I was awake and it was about 9 pm when it happened.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#797 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:27 PM
@Jawusa Hard working as always! Thank you, Jawusa!

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
It took me three days to get the empty version finished. And while I was working on this, there was even an earthquake of a 4.4 magnitude.
The strange thing is that I didn't even feel the earthquake, even though I was awake and it was about 9 pm when it happened.

Oh wow! I hope everyone's fine and no one got hurt.
Trainee Moderator
#798 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 10th Mar 2017 at 11:02 PM.
It wasn't really a severe earthquake. So nobody got hurt.
There were only some small shakenings and lamps moved a little. I didn't notice this. That's what my sister told me.

Again, I didn't even realise what was going on at that moment.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#799 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 24th Mar 2017 at 10:28 PM.
Alright. The Downtown subhood version of Emerald Heights is complete as well.
All the nightlife venues have been updated; so you they really are nightlife venues now. Not just pretend restaurants.

We should test the pregnancies, as a lot of things can go wrong with pregancies in subhoods! And we also have to make sure that the restaurants and the nightlife venues really work as they ought to.

Emerald Heights as a Downtown With Sims
Emerald Heights as a Downtown Without Sims
Both folders (DEH1 or DEH2) go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

If you have The Sims 2 (Double) Deluxe it's C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Double) Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
If you have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin GAMES\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#800 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:10 PM
Oh! Cool! I'll give it a shot and will update you ASAP! Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Thank again, Jawusa!
Page 32 of 34