Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#11226 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I get it sometimes, mostly when doing Gussy Up. I just ignore it. *shrug* I am guessing the game didn't register one of the CC items. I think if you purchased at a shop it would register.

Ah, ok. Yeah the stuff works so I was just confused. I do tend to use Sim Manipulator a lot Thank you

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11227 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:51 AM
I was gonna ask on the actual challenge thread, but figured I'd be more likely to get a response here.

Planning on doing the BAC, playing by the original challenge rules. [https://redmond-flats.weebly.com/or...nge-rules.html] Except, I'm not seeing any info on schools? Maybe I'm just oblivious and it's somewhere there? But I was wondering what other people do for schools? Should I just homeschool every kid? Or set up a Simlogical school? Or are there rules on what you can do for schools?

I'm preferably looking for the easiest option. The challenge by itself already seems challenging enough.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11228 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:06 AM
I don't think the original rules had any, people use to just send them to school. This is why people made up new rules, to cover things like the school mod or just to tweak and make the gameplay better.

When I played the BACC I homeschooled until I had a teacher, but I never used the official rules.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11229 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:26 AM
Any idea why the game would stall on the loading screen? Not the neighbourhood or family loading screen but the main one. It's not frozen, but the little text messages (e.g. "overwaxing banisters") never show up. I've left it running for two hours and it still stalls. My batch file is set up to delete cache files before the game runs so it's not that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11230 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:39 AM
A piece of bad CC?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11231 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:43 AM
The only hack I installed recently was Chris Hatch's community time one. I'll pull it and try again tomorrow.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11232 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:53 AM
I get it sometimes, mostly when doing Gussy Up. I just ignore it. *shrug* I am guessing the game didn't register one of the CC items. I think if you purchased at a shop it would register.
I get that message quite often, and my playables almost always pay for their clothes at shops. I also get a message about needing to buy an armoire when they get home, but I think I only get that message if they have a CC wardrobe. I just ignore both messages.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Any idea why the game would stall on the loading screen? Not the neighbourhood or family loading screen but the main one. It's not frozen, but the little text messages (e.g. "overwaxing banisters") never show up. I've left it running for two hours and it still stalls. My batch file is set up to delete cache files before the game runs so it's not that.
I get that if I've installed a bad bit of CC. For me that usually means a hack or hacked object that requires an EP I haven't got. But sometimes it just means my computer is in a bad mood. First I reboot and try again. If that doesn't work I remove the newest piece of CC and try again.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#11233 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:07 AM
I don't think the original rules had any, people use to just send them to school. This is why people made up new rules, to cover things like the school mod or just to tweak and make the gameplay better.

When I played the BACC I homeschooled until I had a teacher, but I never used the official rules.

Yeah, I guess I could try to make it my own a bit. I'm already having troubles in the marriage department - my poor Sim keeps meeting some cute townie men but she isn't attracted to them. So since she's making decent money, I'm not sure if it's in the rules, so I'm just gonna go ahead and use the matchmaker. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm sorry I've failed you, iCad.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11234 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:22 AM
You could always make her a match, turn him into a townie and have her look for him. I've done that before.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#11235 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
Is he a supernatural? Vampires and Witches count as having ffm, maybe werewolves although I'm not sure about that.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I think the werewolf hairiness is considered full-face make-up.

No, sadly no vampires, witches or werewolves. Nor plantsims or any other supernaturals. =/

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Field Researcher
#11236 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 2:47 PM
My Bigfoot wants to become a Plantsim because the other sims are turning into Plantsims. Can he turn into a Plantsim or is he unable to become a Plantsim?

Prince Avalanche
Top Secret Researcher
#11237 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prince Avalanche
My Bigfoot wants to become a Plantsim because the other sims are turning into Plantsims. Can he turn into a Plantsim or is he unable to become a Plantsim?

That's an odd want for Bigfoot. According to the wiki Bigfoot can become a zombie or a witch, but not a vampire, werewolf or plantsim. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bigfoot

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#11238 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:08 PM
I have a two-fold question ...
a) how do I go about changin the price on an item?
b) if I change the price on the item and then include it in an upload does the price change stay?

Not that I'm plannin on doin this any time soon, well not the upload part at least. I'm curious as I think it's really dumb for a sim to need to pay for (and keep payin) street lights. I was gonna give them a stipend to cover the cost, but that only solves the initial cost when it's bought. It doesn't cover the cost as the bills come in over time and I have NO desire to try and do any mathematical figurein for every single lot as I plan on puttin 1 to 2 lights per lot as a standard.
Alchemist
#11239 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Can toddlers run? I see animations in the game files, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it happen.
not entirely sure, but it might be available to ones that can walk.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11240 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:19 PM Last edited by maxon : 19th Dec 2017 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have a two-fold question ...
a) how do I go about changin the price on an item?
b) if I change the price on the item and then include it in an upload does the price change stay?

Not that I'm plannin on doin this any time soon, well not the upload part at least. I'm curious as I think it's really dumb for a sim to need to pay for (and keep payin) street lights. I was gonna give them a stipend to cover the cost, but that only solves the initial cost when it's bought. It doesn't cover the cost as the bills come in over time and I have NO desire to try and do any mathematical figure in for every single lot as I plan on puttin 1 to 2 lights per lot as a standard.

If it's an in-game item you want to change, you will need to default the OBJD for that item. If it's CC, it's easy and I can describe two easy ways to do it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11241 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:03 AM
To change the price of a maxis item you extract the OBJD from the game code. You can do this by cloning the item with no options ticked, and then delete everything but the OBJD. You then change it in the RAW Data tab. If you want to you can extract the OBJD and import all of them into one package so you don't need one package for each thing you adjusted. The package then has to be put in the Bins-folder in installation files, or the object will be considered a custom object by the game which lets you delete it.

I am not sure if the price will stick, have never tried it. Some things do stick (like wall shift, it'll remember how many deviations from base position there were) and others do not (like the base position of the mesh itself). So could go either way. But easy enough to test with a friend.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11242 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
Regarding my last question: I removed Chris Hatch's community time hack from my downloads folder and now it's loading fine. It's a shame, as I really wanted to try it out. (And yes, I made sure it was the correct version for my EPs.)

Top Secret Researcher
#11243 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:26 AM
I'm making some apartments and...do I just put one batbox on the lot in the common area or do I need to put a batbox in every apartment? I think I had issues in the past, I can't remember for sure.

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11244 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:37 AM
Every apartment. If my apartment has a built in wardrobes I use move objects and place it in there.

ihate does the HCU show anything?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11245 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:42 AM
I've just put one in the common area and it worked.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11246 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM
I would still have one in each since each apartment is loaded as a separate lot by itself.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11247 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:16 AM
Every apartment. If my apartment has a built in wardrobes I use move objects and place it in there.

ihate does the HCU show anything?

I just put one in the base lot - works fine.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Top Secret Researcher
#11248 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:31 AM
From the sounds of it it works fine either way then

Since each apartment is loaded as it's own lot though i'd assume acr should be in each apartment...with the ability to change the model it's not even a space issue, I just change it to a bonsai plant and place it on something lol

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#11249 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 2:48 PM
UPDATE! I DID IT! I was finally able to add Old Town to my Uberhood!!!! Yay, me! Hurray!! Yippee!

A BIG thank you to all the people who helped me. Ya'll are the best people in the whole wide world!

Now, that I've added Old Town, can Polgannon and Emerald City be far behind? Mwah ha ha!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11250 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
From the sounds of it it works fine either way then

Since each apartment is loaded as it's own lot though i'd assume acr should be in each apartment...with the ability to change the model it's not even a space issue, I just change it to a bonsai plant and place it on something lol

Shouldn't think so - If you put it on the base lot, each apartment sub-lot (the lot your sims occupy) is a copy of that lot. That's what you're playing. So if something is on the base lot, there's a copy of it on all the sub-lots.

Page 450 of 1346