Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
#11176 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:25 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 17th Dec 2017 at 3:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Question, I went to add a Downtown to Coral Bay *gasp* yes. But the pre-made Downtown is not there. Now I did this set up about 3 years ago and my memory is shot, so I am guessing that I took away the maxis template because I didn't want all those downtownies. Now if I go ahead and make myself a custom downtown, will it come with Crumplebottom and the vampires? Again I will guess yes but I want to know for sure before I go ahead and start on this. I want them by the way, I miss Crumplbutts lovely face. Actually is there a ready made one that I could download? I don't mind a few sims but I don't want it overrun with them.

Pretty sure you got your reply allready. Crumple you will have BUT (in case you DO NOT have the original D001 at your programfiles --- assuming that is the case ) not the usual Grand Vampires, you will have those but not the ones EAxis made (the Ralph dude and the readhead with pinocchio-syndrome)

Tricous you do have IF you have / original templates / installed Tarlia's template for them to spawn, if the version without them, then you do not get them.

EDIT: Actually, not sure does Tarlias templates got rid of Tricous, too lazy to check, this will: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...28&postcount=83

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11177 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:43 AM
@smorbie1

You place a neighborhood in the folder with the B001 if it is a shopping subhood like Bluewater Village.

If it is a Main Hood like http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506 then you would go to Libraries-Documents-EA GAMES-Ultimate Collection and put the SIMS1 folder in the Neighborhoods folder. Other folders that are commonly in there are E001 for Belladonna Cove, F001 for Desiderata Valley, G001 for Riverblossom Hills, N001 for Pleasantview, N002 for Strangetown, N003 for Veronaville
Mad Poster
#11178 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does moving a Sim out of a household and then back in re-generate the vehicle portals? They went missing on a residential lot. If not, how do I fix it?

No idea if moving in/out fixes it, but Inge's portal revelear can tell you if that is the case. If it doesn't fix it, there are buyable portals in the portal reveal thread, which is here on MTS.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#11179 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Tricous you do have IF you have / original templates / installed Tarlia's template for them to spawn, if the version without them, then you do not get them.

EDIT: Actually, not sure does Tarlias templates got rid of Tricous, too lazy to check, this will: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...28&postcount=83

You're right - Tarlia's version of Downtown without townies or Tricous DOES have all of the dead character files so that if you attach the Downtown the graves are still there and the ghosts will haunt. Unfortunately, that means the files will also be there for custom downtowns. So, for custom downtowns, Jawusa's empty downtown is a better template option.
Mad Poster
#11180 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:54 AM
@Smorbie; ah, yes, Old Town being a main hood rather than a subhood explains everything. See, you're not as stupid as you think you are. You just lacked a key piece of information.

Mootilda's tutorial on how to change an existing neighborhood into a subhood is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502306

But if you're intimidated by that, you might humbly beg Mark (it's Mark's Old Town, right?) to make a subhood version.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11181 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:33 AM
Marka93 already has a subhood version here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417 I linked it to smorbie in a PM earlier.
Forum Resident
#11182 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:20 AM
What is the hood template for Academie Le Tour? Is it in game/has anyone made a custom version of it?
Mad Poster
#11183 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:30 AM
Académie Le Tour is a Uni hood. Tarlia has a cleaned version here http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Top Secret Researcher
#11184 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:35 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 17th Dec 2017 at 6:46 AM.
I'm doing makeovers of Sims as I go about getting my megahood ready to go. I've been going through all the thumbnails to generate them thinking i'd thank myself for taking all that time later...and I come across this. That man-head is her top.

Is one wrong thumbnail a huge deal to the game somehow? Because I can personally deal with it but I don't want to mess up the game somehow.

Edit: The item in question works just fine, it's just the thumbnail

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11185 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:03 AM
What happens when you CTRL + right mouse click? You might need to delete the Cast thumbnail package under documents. Sims 2>Thumbnails>CASThumbnails.package.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11186 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What happens when you CTRL + right mouse click? You might need to delete the Cast thumbnail package under documents. Sims 2>Thumbnails>CASThumbnails.package.

I googled and tried that...didn't do anything. Sigh, I might as well delete the thumbnail package and try regenerating them all over again. A wrong thumbnail though shouldn't corrupt anything else should it? I'll delete the package anyway because otherwise it'll bug me knowing it's there, mocking me.

My Simblr
He/They
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11187 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:28 AM
@Alpal425 That all looks the same as it does for me, so it should be showing up for you. I would suggest at this point to try having Origin repair your installation, as the usual reason for neighbourhoods not showing up is if there is a gameversion mismatch. UC should obviously be the highest gameversion apart from Store edition, and the hood works for me on the same gameversion, so I would suspect something else.

Don't forget to backup any changes you've made to your scripts, lighting files, exes etc before repairing, as this will set your gamedata to vanilla.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11188 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:08 AM
At a guess I would say probably not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11189 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:22 PM
is it possible to have an apartment on a beach lot? I haven't seen one before
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11190 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425

I know I installed it right. I followed the instructions and what seems to be common sense when working with your Documents/TS2 folders. SC4Terrains contents in the SC4Terrains folder. Neighborhoods' contents (N555) in the Neighborhoods folder.

If it's a already-existing fan-made complete hood, you don't need the terrain anyway - this is because once you make a hood, it has a copy of the terrain in it's neighbourhood files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11191 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
is it possible to have an apartment on a beach lot? I haven't seen one before

It's my understanding that they glitch constantly and it's a bad idea, though it's technically possible to change the coding.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#11192 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Académie Le Tour is a Uni hood. Tarlia has a cleaned version here http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Maybe template was the wrong word. I'm looking for the terrain. As just an empty hood. I don't want it as a Uni hood.
Mad Poster
#11193 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:05 PM
THANK YOU, GUYS! ALL OF YOU! I got the shopping version of Old Town and it installed like a dream! the only thing is that it doesn't show up on existing hoods that I've already modified, so I'll have to start my uberhood over. But that's okay. I'd lost my favorite sim in that hood, so starting over sounds fine. Thank ALL of you for helping me. I'd already just about given up. I'm going to read over the tutorial, but if it involves SimPE, I won't be able to do it. Nevertheless, you guys are the greatest in the world.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#11194 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You won't be able to add them to new hoods ever again, but the ones that are already attached will remain attached.

Thank you. I have no intentions of adding them anywhere else.
Mad Poster
#11195 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
Taking back all the joy. I deleted my uberhood and put a fresh copy back in. Old town did not show up. Neither did Bitville, and I don't know why. I just wrote Marka and told him. I'm hoping he will take pity on me and add it the uberhood he made me.

Thanks for all your help, but I still hold the mantle of number 1 loser.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#11196 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:40 AM
Is anyone else having a problem trying to register at Blackys Sim Zoo? I've tried many times over a long period of time and it seems impossible. Every time I click accepted at the agreement page, it goes right back to it.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#11197 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:42 AM
I disagree because I AM the winner (of the #1 Loser award). Or maybe I'm just the oldest. NO? OK, I'm just an every-day loser.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#11198 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:36 AM
@Penni Griffin
oh dear...I was gonna make one for a story. Maybe I'll test it out and see how it goes.

also new question
....can adults slap teens? or is there a mod that allows that?
Forum Resident
#11199 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:54 AM
I don't know. I had a couple in my Belladonna Cove game I started a few hours ago, and then I got some Error Messages that said something about the apartment? Then it kept giving me the Message saying you have to pick an apartment, when the couple was already moved in? And then the male Sim, who just got home from work and a promotion... I don't know how to explain it. It was like he didn't live there. His Sleep Need was incredibly low, and he couldn't use the bed? And whenever he was selected I couldn't use Build/Buy or place things from his Inventory???

Considering I've been having problems installing a hood, I'm just going to assume my game is corrupted. I'll remove my Downloads folder and use Origin Repair. Hopefully it'll do some good.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#11200 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:10 AM
Sounds like an apartment controller error. It happens easily. Moving them out and back in always fixes it for me.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 448 of 1346