Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2401 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:07 AM
Frosting to hide a pretty bad cake. LOL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2402 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:29 AM
A dull cake with 5/6 insects (game bugs) to be precise hidden by the frosting top..
Theorist
#2403 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A dull cake with 5/6 insects (game bugs) to be precise hidden by the frosting top..

And it isn't even decent frosting, It's that cheap tasting butter cream grocery store frosting. And the entire cake is decorated to look like dead or dying memes :\

Then it's posted on Instagram :v
Mad Poster
#2404 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
And it isn't even decent frosting, It's that cheap tasting butter cream grocery store frosting. And the entire cake is decorated to look like dead or dying memes :\

Then it's posted on Instagram :v

LOL I was going include something about the quality of the frosting in my original comment.
Field Researcher
#2405 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
You know.... Not that long ago I was making the analogy of equating TS4 to a Shit cupcake. No matter how colorful and covered in sprinkles, it's still taste like shit. of course someone took offence and asked me why I bother posting here because they mistakenly thought I hated the Sims (I don't hate the sims... I despise EA for what they did to The Sims). So it doesn't surprise me that someone else is seeing what I was getting at. Frosting with bugs, that is exactly what TS4 and all its content is. Facade.... Frosting...covering up that crappy work, gaming system, and excuses used by gurus as to why this rendition of the Sims is soooooo F'kin terrible.

Why would anyone continue to pay for a Cheap buttercream frosted Shit Cupcake??? I need a drink
Theorist
#2406 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:47 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 30th Mar 2018 at 7:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Why would anyone continue to pay for a Cheap buttercream frosted Shit Cupcake??? I need a drink

Careful with that, I had to stop drinking because between TS4 and Drumpf, companies weren't producing enough alcohol to keep up with me :v

Still seems to be plenty of popcorn though
Field Researcher
#2407 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:58 PM
Careful with that, I had to stop drinking because between TS4 and Trump, companies weren't producing enough alcohol to keep up with me :v

Right!!!??? The Sims being the one place to escape the ridiculousness of real life (Orange cheeto man in charge) and it's just as bad as real life.
Theorist
#2408 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Right!!!??? The Sims being the one place to escape the ridiculousness of real life (Orange cheeto man in charge) and it's just as bad as real life.

[HYSTERICAL ALCOHOLISM]
Field Researcher
#2409 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
[HYSTERICAL ALCOHOLISM]

( loud crash) Well shit, I just fell out of my chair
Forum Resident
#2410 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:49 PM
<<<party-pooper-modus activated! I miss The Receptacle. I could place all my snark adressed towards EA and gurus in there and actually find out if there was something new regarding a GP or EP in matrix's threads instead of having to look it up on a**-kissing simsvip because you guys talk about... Alcoholism? Orange Cheeto Man?! People falling off of chairs and those are probably not even musical???!!!!
I've really considered trying to get the point, but.. orange Cheeto Man... This sounds too much like a horrible idea for a Jessica Jones villain.
Field Researcher
#2411 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
<<<party-pooper-modus activated! I miss The Receptacle. I could place all my snark adressed towards EA and gurus in there and actually find out if there was something new regarding a GP or EP in matrix's threads instead of having to look it up on a**-kissing simsvip because you guys talk about... Alcoholism? Orange Cheeto Man?! People falling off of chairs and those are probably not even musical???!!!!
I've really considered trying to get the point, but.. orange Cheeto Man... This sounds too much like a horrible idea for a Jessica Jones villain.

Ahhhhhhh I'm sorry!!! Nothing new from EA other than the elusive assumption that they have new stuff for TS4. We were all making our assumptions and well.... it's Friday, I have the day off and thought it would be fun to joke around with my fellow MTS simmer peeps.

I apologize for being off topic. Since I'm on the floor...I might as well play with the cat. Cheers.
Mad Poster
#2412 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM
Unless you're a 12 year old furry, I can guarantee it isn't.

Beh. I was thinking of the one in that "Gone Too Far Too" video. The gun would probably sour the deal for most I guess.
Mad Poster
#2413 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:59 PM
Speaking of zombies, let's hypothetically discuss how zombies could (not will) be implemented. I'm interesting into hearing thoughts and sharing my own ideas (also, as a mod request?)

I expect somehow a lot trait that would trigger an a apocalypse or I dunno a disease or whatever that once injected into some sim, (s)he will spread (kind of like the scenario with grand vampire bitting in TS2) and thus eventually an apocalypse will start. Zombies should be dangerious, i.e. infecting other sims into zombism (initiated through a fight interaction regardless of the relationship between human) and thus the transformation is irreversible, no antidote to cure a sim (If the series wasn't rated, zombies should be homicidal and eat babies&tots). And not like those stupid zombies from TS3 that fail because they couldn't stand the victim screaming at them in fear?). The Physical attribute and fitness skill should be the determining factor If a sim manages to survive without being bitten. Also, guns that at least tranquilize zombie-infected beings. Vegatarian sims should only be the one's that turn into plant-eating-rodents or have that trait be eradicated once a sim turns into a zombie.
Top Secret Researcher
#2414 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:46 PM
An example of why separating the different supernaturals into different packs is not a bad idea - I love vampires (already done), and would welcome witches (in fact my favorite supernatural), but can't stand zombies. But maybe someone else hates vampires, and loves zombies. We could both be happy that way.
Mad Poster
#2415 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:44 AM
Honestly, apart from playing vampires of TS4 and witches, most of the time they are just cosmetic. Everybody loves witches because they are really the game change on a significant effect: break equipment/plumbing or the fabric of stop time, clear up puddles or just extinguish the fire, make sim feel a certain way, revive the dead or just teleport. I mean they are the most successful life states been in the game because their abilities are worth something. In the past games, zombies are just portrayed creatures from a children's fairytale and werewolves are just... idk, they lacked something that particularly in TS2 befriending a leader of the pack glowing eye dog thing isn't just worth the hassle to attempt it to bite your sim for the sake of lycanthropy. Genies and Plumbots and maybe Fairy seem promising in TS3 (yet to play those), Servos are cool, but others aren't that much filled with depth.
Mad Poster
#2416 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:39 AM
Well if they do make a zombie pack, they should include the suit that the singing zombie from "Gone Too Far Too" wore and the simple werewolf costume for kids. I mean... it would look so cute, though I dunno if Wingdog Studios would take too kindly to that.
Mad Poster
#2417 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
An example of why separating the different supernaturals into different packs is not a bad idea - I love vampires (already done), and would welcome witches (in fact my favorite supernatural), but can't stand zombies. But maybe someone else hates vampires, and loves zombies. We could both be happy that way.

Great idea, but not the best. Tickboxes seems so easy and more acceptable form, because without them people seem to have nerve to complain having vampires when they purchase a pack only for specific furniture set or alike reason. I dunno, whether to believe that they have such crappy engine that they are unable to create such a simple on-off switch or the developers are just that bad at their prioritizing standards. Either way, it's hardly helping.
Mad Poster
#2418 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
people seem to have nerve to complain having vampires when they purchase a pack only for specific furniture set or alike reason.

I still can't believe that's a thing

*Purchases Vampire Pack*
*Complains about Vampires acting like Vampires*

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#2419 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:19 PM
That's why toggles would be a smart reason. Don't like the shoved in life state, but willing to buy a pack for a set of objects and/or cas assets? Toggle those weirods out of the game and nobody would complain. In supernatural pack that worked wonders.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2420 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:57 PM
That is literlaly it. A toggle, or control options would have been fine: Global, Supernatural Worlds Only, or Disabled. People tend to forget that packs come with a variety of content. Vampires has Victorian items and items to make dilapidated buildings which no other packs has (except the few in Jungle Adventure).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#2421 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:44 PM
I seriously don't understand why toggles haven't been implemented yet. You think they would have learned by now that people like options. Heck I would even go as far as being able to blacklist outfits in CAS if I don't want to see them in my game. Would it be that difficult to do something like right-click and and then choose the option: Nope, if you don't want it? I would rather have a dlc pack that just gives you that, than a pack with low-poli plastic looking stuff.
Field Researcher
#2422 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:47 PM
The problem is that the supernatural beings lost their mystery atmosphere. The player knows where to find them, and there are too many of them. In TS2 "Nightlife" were only two vampires, by default. In "Pets" there weren't pre-mades werewolves. It is difficult to be friends there with supernatural and it is difficult to find them in TS2.
Mad Poster
#2423 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 10:26 PM
Life states do need to be mysterious, but maxis hardly know how to execute it. Aliens now nerfed (a real big thanks.... not!), but they a great example before that tweak. I loved how you go through the hard task to get transformed as vampires and werewolves (though as I said, not worth the hassle for how that latter life state was), but witches could have been tied to a specific area instead of all lots, as the way they are now causes two problems: 1) being LAG 2) for supernatural skeptics (I like using that term to describe simmers that are anti-supernatural) they are for them an unwanted interruption so to speak. Actually, speaking of that vampires should as been tied to the specific location instead across the whole downtown. I like though how zombies (in TS2), genies, and bigfoot presence was handled. Good balance between supernatural fans and skeptics.
Field Researcher
#2425 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How are aliens nerfed?

EA turned down the abduction rate to almost nil. I think there was a patch that adjusted it slightly but the fact they toned it down was annoying and I don’t even like aliens!
Page 97 of 185