Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:23 AM Last edited by lanawinst : 9th Sep 2009 at 11:18 PM.
Default First mesh - stucked, please help
Hi,

Sorry for asking for assistance once more but I've done my first mesh ever and I'm not really sure it's ok. So here's the result in milkshape:

And the uv map for texturing is looking like that:

I'm not sure that my mesh is ok and the uv map doesn't feel right. Well mainly because it is going to be a real pain to do in gimp. Is that really how it's supposed to look like?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:51 AM
You can resize the joints (the blue circles) by setting the Joint Size in preferences to something like 0.01

Your UV map will be difficult to texture at all. You want to unfold all of the components parts, like the bottles and bowls. Instead, you just have them projected from each side. Look at the UV maps from some of the game items... I attached one from the Venus Statue. Note how everything is laid out unfolded.

<* Wes *>
Screenshots

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 4:10 AM Last edited by lanawinst : 7th Sep 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Thanks for the tips

I do see the difference but... how I am supposed to make it look like that? I tried a lot of things with UV mapper without any result... Is there a tuto somewhere that explains that?

edit: it may take time but i'll found out myself. Thanks for the help