Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:08 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:28 PM. Reason: thought of more qns, to clarify
Default Phantom trees
Where do these trees come from? They are not there in the world, in CAW and when the world is first loaded. But after a Sim-week of gameplay, this pair of trees show up and the little pets always get stuck around them. Even after I've painted the area blue.

Anyone has any ideas? I'm stumped.

ETA:
Do those trees appear in your IP world - when it is freshly loaded?
They don't appear in CAW nor in a freshly started IP game. But show up about a SimWeek in, in my setup. In the original, and untouched Isla Paradiso.world, too. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the EP to be sure. Same outcome.

So, my question:
Is this happening the same way for everyone? Or did I add something to the world by all the various times I enter game via EIG and use the various cheats to do testing and stuff? Somehow, that even a reinstall did not clear up?
Screenshots
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:33 AM
Huh, had a lightbulb moment. After sometime off-CAW to let it stew, and a fresh day.
I called them phantom trees because it did occur to me that the trees are on the other side of the lot. But I was utilizing the zoom Map view which zoom back in to that spot but zoom out to give me the back view. Big Duh!

So, after zooming in close and comparing terrain, the AHA! in my slow brain clicks on, and I'll now go and paint the blue on that side to test. Stay tuned.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:42 AM
I just loaded a fresh game and the two palm trees are there right from the start. They are even visible from Map View after the neighbourhood has loaded.

Edit: Having a hard time at the official forum with the same question, aren't we?