Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Issues with advancing from having 4 celebrity stars to reaching 5 celebrity stars
I've been trying to help one of my Sims obtain her 5th and final celebrity star. She's about three quarters of the way to getting her 5th star. And recently I invited some 4-5 star celebrities over so she could get to know their traits better. But surprisingly that didn't help to rise her celebrity status one bit. Yet a short while ago, I had her hug one of her 4 star celebrity friends, and that was enough to gain a small celebrity boost. At the time I wasn't even aware that that could help. But it did help because she discovered some unlearned traits about her celebrity friend. I'm not sure how she's meant to get her 5th star with the following complications:

1) There are no celebrities left in the game to befriend.
2) I don't want to cheat too much. Like, I don't want to use the cheat that will just give her her 5th celebrity star.
3) I don't want to cheat my way into turning more residents into celebrities with the use of cheats so that my Sim can befriend more celebrities.
4) She's at the top of the Law Enforcement Career with a large raise. And while she doesn't really get any celebrity benefits from that career, I don't want her to switch careers.
5) I have associated three sub worlds with my saved game, as well as Bridgeport which is how she became a celebrity to begin with. There were no celebrities in the game, prior to associating Bridgeport with the home neighbourhood Moonlight Falls. I really don't want to have to associate any more worlds with my current saved game.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:07 PM
I haven't been paying attention to which skills were doing it, but I do remember that getting new skills to higher levels was causing my sim to get celebrity stars. I had a sim become a celebrity while never talking to anyone except the mirror and only leaving the lot to go collecting and fishing around the neighborhood at night while everybody was asleep.

Signing autographs also helps.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 11:50 PM
They haven't been asked to sign any autographs recently. And my Sim has already maxed out all her skills. All the ones that show up on the skill panel have been maxed out.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:12 AM
Looks like my problem has been brought to a premature close. I intended to use cheats to get my Sim's celebrity points to 5,999 because I assumed that 6,000 would be where level 5 started. But apparently I overdosed and the amount of points carried her to level 5. Since I did not deliberately give her her 5th star, I'll pass it off. I was thinking of giving her her 5th celebrity star at some point after she became an elder anyway. Since she has definitely worked hard enough for 5 stars.