Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 5:04 AM
Default how to clone mirrors?
Hi there I was cloning a mirror, and everithing looks good in simpe, but in the game does not have the reflextion,it looks like the movie the matrix with numbers inside the mirror, can anyone point any tutorial about mirrors?Thanks
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:32 AM
There is a trick

All the mirrors contain a GMDC (mesh) whose name contains "bounding box", that must NOT be modified; this is a fake mesh used by the game to limit the reflection area.
And there is another GMDC (usually called "glass_rot") that is the actual reflecting surface.

Both this GMDC's have a corresponding SHPE with the same name; these shape must contain exactly the names of the original Maxis reflection materials: SimPE modifies the names by default, so you have to restore the original names by hand.

Open the "boundingbox" SHPE and select the "Parts" tab; there is only one line in the list: select it. Now change the field "Subset Name" to subset0 and the field "Material Definition" to mirrorboundingboxmaterial (don't mispell them! you'd better copy and paste).

Commit and save.

Now open the "glass_rot" SHPE and go to the Parts tab. Again, you will see only one line; select it and wrinte in both fields the same name: simple_mirror_reflection.

Commit and save.

Now your clone should have its reflectons back

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:34 AM
thanks for answering