Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:16 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 11th Aug 2017 at 5:16 AM.
{SOLVED}Struggling with SimPE and recoloring
I have started learning how to recolor..and I have recolored some pictures and a couple of ceiling lights - in game items..I had no problem in SimPE doing it..but now I have another computer and had to put SimPE back up and all that..but now I need to learn how to use another creator's frames for pictures..BB's TOU said we could use her frames..and they are beautiful..but I don't know how to find them in SimPE ..also, it has been a while since I did a recolor of the in game picture I used Photo Studio..now I need to learn to use Object Workshop..but when I go in and right click on the picture and "Built DXT" is not showing an option to use it..it did before when I did the ceiling lights..

I have installed the DDS Utilities as well..

I don't know what I have done differently other than I am now using a Windows 7 instead of Windows Vista..could that be the problem..

I really need a very simple tutorial with pictures to do this..also with that stupid photobucket messing everyone's sites and posts up..am now struggling to find a good tutorial..with pictures..

Thank you for your help in advance..
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:13 AM
1. Open SimPE.
2. Open the Object Workshop
3. Click the "Open..." button and find the CC mesh you want to recolour
4. Change "Clone" in the top dropdown to "Recolour"

And you're set!

For the build DXT thing, make sure SimPE knows where your DDS utilities are. Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders tab -> Set the "Nvidia DDS Tools Folder" -> OK -> Restart SimPE

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:08 PM
Thank you so much Nysha for your help..

With the DDS Utilities can you explain more on where it needs to go please...I will look and see as well..just not sure where those are that you posted..

I think I had the CC in SimPE..last week..but then I didn't know where the mesh was..??

I'm an idiot when it comes to computers and it takes me several times to understand what people are saying then all of a sudden..I am slapped on the back of the head..omgosh that was easy what took you so long to understand that..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:21 PM

When you get to 4, hit Browse and navigate to wherever you installed the DDS Utilities to. You'll know that you're in the right folder when you see a file called nvdxt.exe (or just nvdxt depending on your settings). Hit Open.

(The text in the "Nvidia DDS Tools Folder" box will be different for you than it is for me - that's fine!)
Screenshots

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:32 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 11th Aug 2017 at 5:18 AM.
I just opened SimPE..it's not there and now I remember I had that problem before..good grief..and fixed that..now where is it supposed to be downloaded..I have it in-Computer>Programs file (86)>NVIDIA Corporation

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both SimPE and DDS Utilities several times..and still DDS isn't showing up..

Is there anyone that can walk me through both of them..with pictures please..I know I am doing something wrong..

Now this new computer is a Windows 7..I used Windows Vista before..

I am soo lost

EDIT:

I think I have it fixed..I will know for sure when I go try and do a recolor lol

Thank you for your help Nysha