Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:27 PM
OK, I understand. Can roleplays be about anything? And is there need of a specific plot? And I understand godmodding, but if there is a plot and someone wants to introduce a new character in the middle of the game, are they allowed to? (I'm guessing this would be in the rules, but I have no clue.)
Thanks!
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:50 PM
sajere1 - Yes, roleplays can be about practically anything. The trick is to make it appealing enough to make other players interested enough to join. Regarding plots; no, there doesn't have to be a specific plot. Most roleplays develop one or more by the players themselves as they go along, and are usually referred to as freeform roleplays. However, there are still other roleplays where the plot is given by the host, and tend to be a little more formerly run (I can show you examples if needed. )

As for introducing a character in the middle of the plot... It's a little difficult to answer. If people want to join a roleplay, they first usually have to post an application. Some roleplays allow applications to be submitted only in the beginning, before the roleplay is officially started, although the more common thing is that applications remain open, and so players that want to join when the roleplay has already started and maybe been running for quite a while, are free to do so. But, if two or more characters are already interacting with one another, it is considered good form to PM the players first, and ask if you can have your character join in the situation they are roleplaying, since sometimes, players have planned a plot ahead of time, and are playing it out in the game.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#53 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:57 AM
Im thinking of joining a RP but I dont want to join one that is already full of posts and people because then i feel a little self concious(sp?) I kinda want one where its like normal life or fantasy like fairies witches etc. I dont really want to start one but I will if I cant find any like this. Can anyone point one out for me?

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:37 AM
RoseGirl - I'm sorry to say that there are currently no RPs that fit all those criterias. There aren't all that many active RPS here, and the ones that are still running - Sweet Sixteen and Syrinx Festival - have been running for quite a while. You would, however, be more than welcome to join either of those. People here tend to be really helpful and more than willing to help newcomers settle in. You wouldn't be the first to join in the middle of a story, we've have newcomers join pretty much all throughout the RPs as it is. A tip is to create a character that's also new to the school (in the case of Sweet Sixteen). That way, they won't have to know anything about what's been happening so far. And as for Syrinx, that RP migh have been running for a while, but we haven't really gotten all that far, and so giving a recap wouldn't be all that difficult. Plus, again, you could always create a character that doesn't know any of the others... or even one that does know one or more of the other characters, but doesn't run into them until you want them to.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Theorist
#55 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:31 PM
I've mentioned before about the love of being in a new roleplay, but not having any experience in the field, I could never set one up. However, it doesn't mean I couldn't brainstorm one and bounce ideas off people, right?
  • Something Futuristic, but not too Sci-Fi where the entire Universe would need to be planned out
  • Very Humanistic figures - even if they don't happen to be Human at all [Flawed, etc.]
  • Set Location, Theme, or motive
  • But with the flexibility for addition of new Members for the RP
  • And also, freeform continuation
  • Anything else I can think of...?

So I'm thinking of, just a possible line;
The Year 2109, in a Space Colony upon Mars; Transportation isn't at it's ripest between Planets since the Orbiting Colony about Jupiter was destroyed unexpectedly around ten years ago, with little to no report. Mars has a few towns full of people, under large Atmospheric Shields, which protect the Climate and Protect the Inhabitants in a similar way to how our own Atmosphere works here on Earth. The Towns large are expansive enough for people to come and go without knowing every face, but you cannot become too familar; people go to be taken back to Earth very frequently, strangely so, and a group of you are wanting to know why.
Recently, in your Town, a lot of friends you knew have all moved back to Earth to restart their lives there, for their spaces to be either left, or re-filled with Alien inhabitants, on Vocational Visits.
And that's where I stop!

I hope someone can help add on, pick apart, rewrite, or come up with better ideas than my own, but something like this I think could appeal to a bunch of audiences, and could be quite fun.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#56 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:46 PM
OK i dont really wanna join one where its already full of people. I feel odd about being a new person because i wont have a clue whats going on and I've been a ew student to many times to make a person whos a new person. I might just wait until someone else starts one

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 10:06 PM
RoseGirl - Well, like I said, Syrinx might have been running for a while, but we haven't really gotten all that far, so a recap/synopsis wouldn't be all that extensive. In-game, we've only roleplayed a couple of hours.

Petchy - You don't need any experience to set up a roleplay. Looking at the existing ones might give you a good idea of what needs to be covered, and there are always people around to ask for advice etc, should you feel you want/need it. I myself can't afford to get involved in something new, but I'd be more than willing to try and help, should you decide to give it a go. Plus, we all learn as we go along. The first RP I hosted was the Vampire; the Masquerade one, and it's still alive and well (albeit on a different board), even though I had no experience in leading an RP. :D

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:01 PM
Default Looking for a one on one roleplay
Hi there I used to search for one on one roleplay partners over Neopets, but they have become too strict for me to bear. The point of one on one roleplaying is to find a partner, create a plot or even just have a very broad idea of one and then privately (over Email) play out that plot and let it unfold. I'm not sure if any of you do that on this website but I figured I'd give it a try and see who's interested.

I only do modern roleplays. I have very fun plots and pairings in mind for any of you who are interested. We can discuss it here before moving to email.

Thanks
Field Researcher
#59 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:51 AM
Sounds like fun ill do it with you

Test Subject
#60 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:36 AM
Default new here
yeah, i'm a bit confused and need some help on this. i've been rping for god know how long but this is my first time attempting to do it at modthesims. i'm VERY new here though i've adventured around the site many times before. what rps are open for new players and how exactly does it work? i mean, replying and knowing where to find it and stuff.

i've found this to be VERY confusing. normally i'd adventure around until i understood how everything works.. sadly, i had not even the slightest idea what i was doing D:

help? XD
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 9:20 AM
sparky - First of all, welcome. It's always nice to see a new face. Sadly, this roleplay forum is no longer what it once was. There is currently only one active roleplay; the Syrinx Festival one. The others unfortunately have faded due to lack of players. We're not all that many in Syrinx either, but we're managing so far. However, it will soon move to a new board of it's own, with a setup much like most other RPG sites.

As for the roleplay setups; unlike most roleplaying boards, on this one, each main roleplay happens in one and the same thread. All players post in that thread, and use the subject bars of their messages to annouce what characters are involved, and where they are at. Such as my latest one in the Syrinx RP, that says "Daniel with Lavinia and Kendra - backstage parking".

As for where to find information; all information regarding a specific RP is usually found in the very first post of the thread; it lists rules, plot, application forms and active characters, and basically any other information you might need.

Hope that helps explain things at least a little. If you have more questions,please don't be afraid to ask. It's easy to grow blind to the quirks of a system when you've gotten used to it, which I have, and so there might be things I'm missing in my explanation.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 3:22 PM
oh! okay thanks! i think i've gotton the hang of things so far. i read the first post on the RP you mentioned to get a good feel for the set up and layout. i think i've gathered alot of understanding. i'll give it a try once a new one is made because i'd st feel awkward joining a random on the in the middle of the storyline.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:08 PM
It's totally up to you. Though keep in mind that sadly, this forum doesn't see much action these days - which I've been trying to change, but I'm at a loss of what to do - and so it might be a while before a new one starts up. Also, please do know that you are more than welcome to join the Syrinx RP. It has been running for a while, but in-game, we haven't actually roleplayed more than a few hours. Plus, we are planning on moving on to a new day in the RP shortly, which will give a bit of a fresh start.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#64 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:39 AM
oh! i'll join then. it sounds fun from what ive read so far
Field Researcher
#65 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
Im thinking I might start a Harry Potter roleplay if anyone wants to join. I dont want to start it if no ones going to join though

Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 9:46 PM
i think thats a good idea.
Scholar
#67 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 2:28 AM
I was thinking about a RP revolving around college students in a major city, who live in a major apartment. I know what you're thinking, and it's not Friends, since I'm hoping the role-players would pick a cast of racial, spiritually, sexually, and whatever diverse characters.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 3rd May 2011 at 4:52 PM
I like the ida of the post above me. I would love to join this rp forum but it doesn't seem very active, looks like I missed all the action lol
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:04 PM
I was thinking of starting a Marauders era Harry Potter RP. You know, one that revolves around James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, etc (but not only those characters!). It depends on how many people are interested though :3

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:45 AM
Well me and my friend had this very fun roleplay going a couple of years ago. It lasted about two and a half years, and I miss it a lot. It was a creature roleplay, but animal related creatures. Like nekos (cat-people), werewolves etc. It was sort of a romance/adventure thing. It was usually pretty easy to follow since it was the sort of roleplay where there is about one line each post because your character says something and waits for the other to respond. As long as everyone is active it is really fun. Is anyone interested? If so, I'll elaborate on the plot, because there actually was one.
Test Subject
#71 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imaeatyaface
I was thinking of starting a Marauders era Harry Potter RP. You know, one that revolves around James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, etc (but not only those characters!). It depends on how many people are interested though :3

Oh I like that idea I would definitely join in on that! It's a great idea. I wish I'd thought of that!
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:59 PM
The secrets of littleton high
i've got a idea about 6 students with 6 hidden pasts and secrets about 15/16 year olds at high school.
has anyone got any good names and hidden pasts and secrets for the sims plz read
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 1:25 AM
I would be interested in a Harry Potter rp, no matter the generation really. I also like Black_Barook!'s idea of the colledge age/appartment rp.

However Im also looking for someone to rp with privately. Im pretty much open to any ideas besides animal, apocalypse, zombies, or aliens. Message me if your interested, thanks.
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:27 AM
I'd love to start/participate in a RP, rather private or public.
I've never tried before but i have some ideas.

-A small town RP where things just arent what they seem
-A RP about life in a mental institution (No crazy stuff, not all institutionalized people are crazy)
-A RP about a house full of runaways and how they survive together
-A RP about six teenage aliens who fall to earth and their trials and errors of fitting into the human population(comedy! will definitely require some creative thinking)

Just a few ideas there. I really want this thread to live again. LIVE I SAY LIVE! :D
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KimEunJung
I'd love to start/participate in a RP, rather private or public.
I've never tried before but i have some ideas.

-A small town RP where things just arent what they seem
-A RP about life in a mental institution (No crazy stuff, not all institutionalized people are crazy)
-A RP about a house full of runaways and how they survive together
-A RP about six teenage aliens who fall to earth and their trials and errors of fitting into the human population(comedy! will definitely require some creative thinking)

Just a few ideas there. I really want this thread to live again. LIVE I SAY LIVE! :D

I really like the idea of the mental institution, it could be really fun... I really enjoy stuff where the characters are trapped but can still actually have an interesting plot. To be honest, now that you've mentioned it, I'm kind of hooked on that idea... lool.

As for the first one, that could be fun too. I already did a sort of 'Monster' RP, which is basically the same thing cause it ended up rolling off that topic and being mostly about an evil spirit that posessed the characters, which was funny. Anyway that could be a really fun idea!
Page 3 of 4