Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Tami_Hlaalu : 24th Apr 2024 at 11:51 AM.
This is my swamp! - Mod against annoying neighbors.
Hi all!

I really love the apartment system in The Sims 2, but these damn neighbors... Where does this love come from to visit MY apartment? What's the point of crowding my living room when they have their own places? Setting the doors doesn't do anything. The "Prohibit guests from entering" button does not work, apparently, since clicking on it does not change anything. Closing the door as “Only for my family” makes no sense, since I don’t want to work as a butler and open the door every time for work colleagues, children’s friends, my lovers, etc. In addition, while a colleague or friend reaches the door that is open for them, an army of neighbors is already running into the apartment!

So, I ask you, is there a mod in this world that prevents neighbors from coming to visit me? My head is about to explode. The apartments are small, and this crowd of old women just makes me sick

Closed
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 12:38 PM
They shouldn't come to visit you, in an unmodded game. I have played and created many apartments, and this doesn't happen. Perhaps there is a problem with the way your apartment is set up? Does it happen if you play a different family in a different apartment block? Neighbours shouldn't enter unless you invite them in.
Maybe you could show us some pictures of your apartment layout? Does moving the family out and then back in help?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
They shouldn't come to visit you, in an unmodded game. I have played and created many apartments, and this doesn't happen. Perhaps there is a problem with the way your apartment is set up? Does it happen if you play a different family in a different apartment block? Neighbours shouldn't enter unless you invite them in.
Maybe you could show us some pictures of your apartment layout? Does moving the family out and then back in help?

This is an ordinary apartment and I don’t have mods for the apartment. I built it myself, but I didn’t use any special hacks. I can show screenshots, but I have a Russian translation, I don’t think you will understand them.
I've always had this problem, whether I create apartments or play in apartments from Maxis - the neighbors still break into my apartment.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tami_Hlaalu
I can show screenshots, but I have a Russian translation, I don’t think you will understand them.

If you copuld show a top-down screenshot of the apartment layout, it would help. But, if you are having problems with all Maxis apartments too, it sounds like something else is going on.

Test with a fresh set of userdata- drag the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to create a fresh set. Play one of the Maxis apartments in one of the Maxis hoods. Do you get the problem now?
Alchemist
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 2:07 PM
Agree with simsample; neighbors should not be coming into your apartment unless you manually unlock the apartment door. What are the lock options when you click on the apartment door? Because I believe "Allow Household Only" is the default option, and the one you should select. It should not affect guests (sims you invite over) from being able visit sims in the apartment, only other apartment neighbors.

Conversely, if you select Unlock on the door, then yes, you can expect all other residents to treat your sims' apartment like a common room and everyone will waltz in to use your stuff and eat your food.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 2:29 PM
I think I once had something similar. But I've had a mod for a long time so that even friends don't enter without an invitation. And there is no such problem. Maybe it'll help you too?

1) https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html
2) https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=634982
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 6:00 PM
Could it be that part of your apartment unit is fenced off using the low floor edger? (I think it's called the "great divide" barrier or something like that)
I know many people including me like to use it to separate areas with different floorings, like a tiled kitchen, however if you do that the game recognizes it as a wall and the area enclosed in it is not considered part of the flat. As a result, neighbors will detect it as common space and gather to use whatever items are there
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Agree with simsample; neighbors should not be coming into your apartment unless you manually unlock the apartment door. What are the lock options when you click on the apartment door? Because I believe "Allow Household Only" is the default option, and the one you should select. It should not affect guests (sims you invite over) from being able visit sims in the apartment, only other apartment neighbors.

Conversely, if you select Unlock on the door, then yes, you can expect all other residents to treat your sims' apartment like a common room and everyone will waltz in to use your stuff and eat your food.

thank you!