Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Put your homework away properly!"

by MogHughson Posted 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:26 AM - Updated 14th Feb 2011 at 11:01 AM by MogHughson

455 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 381 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 19
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#351 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
But I'm curious Mog, if you could either recolor this for historical use or make it invisible?
Regardless, I will still use it in my medieval hood!
Some early comments on this thread came up with the idea of (once claimed) moving the photo frame (using cheats) so that it was inside/underneath the desk. It still works so long as it is on the same square as the desk. This might do for you as well?

I do have (on my long list) a note to make some more recolours of this - just haven't got to it yet.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#352 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:50 AM
Great! Thanks for the tip! Sorry, 350 posts...I didn't read all of them.
Anxiously awaiting more colors! :D
Thanks Again!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Field Researcher
#353 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:17 PM
This is so so great idea! Absolutely fantastic! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#354 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
It is found in with all the Desks.

When I saw this I was thrilled, as I suffer untold irritation from the homework annoyances of searching, picking up, putting down in random places...I've downloaded and redownloaded it about six times, but it's not showing up in my game. I know nothing whatsoever about this kind of stuff, so...do you know why/how to fix it?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#355 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by irishgirlinwales
I've downloaded and redownloaded it about six times, but it's not showing up in my game. I know nothing whatsoever about this kind of stuff, so...do you know why/how to fix it?
Have you followed all the information in Game Help:GCCTSUwiki (Getting Custom Content To Show Up). It is the collective knowledge of all the experts put together in one place.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#356 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
THAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love you for this!...ok not rlly cuz i dont know u but still! lol
Test Subject
#358 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM
Thank you so frickin' much! Must try it ASAP.. which is NOW!

LittleTenshi
Treat your sims to LittleTenshi quality clothes.
Test Subject
#359 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:51 AM
I'm so happy I found this, ty so much!
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:36 AM
can you please put it in a WinZIP format? or just tell me how to use a rar file?

thanks!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#361 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:00 PM
Click on the word rar in your post (or this one). It has an auto-link to the help page about rars. Shout if you still have problems.

Test Subject
#362 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:18 PM
thank u SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much haha i love it soooo much
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 :lovestruc <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 =3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#363 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:43 AM
I've loved this in the past Nice to have change in Pic BIG THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#364 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 3:38 AM
Yay! Finally! Take this you lazy Sim children! Mwahahahaa!
{Thanks Mog (: }
Test Subject
#365 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 9:16 AM
i loved this little thing and now it no longer shows up because i installed the fun with pets collection
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#366 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 4:20 PM
thanks for this it's one of of my favourite mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 9:24 PM
Thank you so much! I was so tired of my sims just putting it on the floor, or in somebody elses room. I've spent way to much time putting it all in the right room
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 11:24 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem that's left me kind of stumped, and was hoping you could help. I've had this mod in my game for ages now, and I really love it, but all of a sudden it just stopped working. Kids and teens can claim a desk without trouble, but they don't actually put the homework on the desk; it's like the mod isn't even there. I'm not really sure why this is happening, seeing as, as far as I know, nothing has changed in my game since the time it was working.

In terms of other homework mods, I have the Faster Homework one, and the Auto Do Homework one as well. I have every expansion pack but Pets, Bon Voyage, and Apartment Life.

Any ideas?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#369 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by victory101
I'm having a bit of a problem that's left me kind of stumped, and was hoping you could help. I've had this mod in my game for ages now, and I really love it, but all of a sudden it just stopped working. Kids and teens can claim a desk without trouble, but they don't actually put the homework on the desk; it's like the mod isn't even there. I'm not really sure why this is happening, seeing as, as far as I know, nothing has changed in my game since the time it was working.

In terms of other homework mods, I have the Faster Homework one, and the Auto Do Homework one as well. I have every expansion pack but Pets, Bon Voyage, and Apartment Life.

Any ideas?
Run a conflict detection utility. Sounds like you have installed something that clashes with it (and have thus over-ridden the changes it made and stopped them working) - check the list of clashes to see if any ring a bell.

Test Subject
#370 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:25 AM
if you dont mind much will you make a picture or something that goes above a crib so only a certain toddler or baby can be placed there? if its not to much trouble because I have a family with 4 toddlers and 2 babies and it would be easier to keep the toddlers in the right cribs.... thanks for taking the time to read this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#371 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:48 AM
Wow. I hadn't realized quite how much this behaviour maddened me until you provided a solution. This rocks! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#372 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:37 PM
Their photo in the frame on their desk adds a nice, 'family' touch. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#373 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:34 AM
This is very well thought.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#374 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:31 PM
Finally, Once i had a teenage sim who kept putting her home work on dest beside the computer on a desk but for some reason once she put it on the desk she couldn't pick it up when i clicked on it and selected "Do Homework"
Lab Assistant
#375 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:14 PM
So sorry it took me so long to respond; haven't had much time for Sims lately.

I ran the conflict detector, but honestly, I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. I hit the Scan button and it does it's thing... and then, when it's finished, the program just closes itself down, without pulling up a report or doing anything, really. Does that mean there are no clashes, or am I doing something wrong here? =/
Page 15 of 19