Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:51 PM
Default Has EA stopped patching ?
So I'm kinda hoping 1.69 will be the last patch as since I mod it, patching is a horrible thing xD Though I doubt anyone truly knows if the patches have stopped or when they will :/
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:48 PM
Well... since EA doesn't really support anything sims 3 anymore, I don't think there will. Mainly because the 1.69 patch was primarily for the launcher and not exactly the gameplay, which actually means that even mods made with the 1.67 patch will work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well... since EA doesn't really support anything sims 3 anymore, I don't think there will. Mainly because the 1.69 patch was primarily for the launcher and not exactly the gameplay, which actually means that even mods made with the 1.67 patch will work
I didn't know that you can use 1.67 mods on 1.69 thats cool
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:04 PM
It goes back just slightly further than that. The last meaningful patch that changed the game files in any way was 1.66, released in Jan 2014 so coming up on four years ago now. Patch 1.67, released later that month was trivial and as said 1.69 didn't mess with those files either, only the way in which the game starts up and its ultimate build number (of concern only to Core Mods of which there are only five in popular usage).

Since by all accounts there is no TS3 development team at EA and hasn't been for years, we're pretty sure that they've left us alone permanently in this regard by now.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
released in Jan 2014 so coming up on four years ago now.

Woah, woah, hold up. No. 2005 was four years ago. 2012 was last year.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Woah, woah, hold up. No. 2005 was four years ago. 2012 was last year.

Trying to give people's brains an Error 12 on purpose again, eh?
Site Helper
#7 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:32 PM
He just spent too much time playing with the time machines again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:52 AM
My game's launcher is still on 1.67. I think it's because I got the game from Steam and not from Origin and disks.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:35 PM
If you have the disks, and do a disk install, you can keep it to 1.67.

When the dialog box comes up that says "Install Origin?", just check the "From the Depths of Hell, I Stab at Thee" box.

That may be the "no" box. Maybe.

Yeah, Steam doesn't do 1.69.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:42 PM
Neither do Macs, if that's worth anything. Both 1.67 and 1.69 are considered current versions for all regardless.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:16 PM
I swear EA made 1.69 just to mess with people who play mods. Now Easy CASP Editor doesn't work, how am I supposed to edit package files now?!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
I swear EA made 1.69 just to mess with people who play mods. Now Easy CASP Editor doesn't work, how am I supposed to edit package files now?!

Technically Patch 1.69 doesn't affect mods, except for the five Core Mods out there in common usage and even then it's only the build number generating a warning message on startup. Each Core Mod developer has since rectified that with a 1.69 version of their Core Mods.

But yes, it does mess with external game utilities like Easy CASP. Many of us found out the hard way recently that Easy CASP doesn't work for us on Steam/1.67 installs either.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Technically Patch 1.69 doesn't affect mods, except for the five Core Mods out there in common usage and even then it's only the build number generating a warning message on startup. Each Core Mod developer has since rectified that with a 1.69 version of their Core Mods.

But yes, it does mess with external game utilities like Easy CASP. Many of us found out the hard way recently that Easy CASP doesn't work for us on Steam/1.67 installs either.

Wow, Easy CASP doesn't work on Steam anymore? This is just downright depressing!
Well yeah, but I saw some of my mods behaving weirdly since 1.69, most of them so far are minor bugs which can be solved by relaunching the game (and hope Sims 3 launcher better not uncheck all of my EPs). But it's kind of annoying that I have to relaunch the game just to fix it.

Well, I was thinking about buying Sims 3 for Steam so I could try to fix some mods that way, guessed that's not gonna happen anymore, now I'm kind of sad.