Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:09 AM
Default CTO Registration
How do I register at CTO as a new member? On their homepage, there's only Member Login, but no way for new members to sign up... Could anyone help?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 11:24 AM
The new CTO E-mail site isn't working right now. This is what the webmaster said about this problem:

Quote:
Our email system, however, is still not working, so that unfortunately means that members will not get emails notifying them of any posts for threads that they have subscribed to. Also, we will not be able to accept new members until the email is fixed, we are very sorry for this inconvienence and have been trying hard to fix this problem for the last few days. If you know of anyone who is trying to join please tell them that we are working on it and will have it fixed as soon as possible, it is out first priority, and we appreciate everyone's patience.

They are working on this problem right now, and i'll post in this thread when the join system is fixed at CTO. I hope this explain why there isn't a "Join" button at that site right now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:20 PM
OK, I understand. Can't wait 'till they fix It, I'd love to browse all their Sims 1 Goodies...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:42 PM
Yeah registration isn't possible right now because the site went down and has only recently come back up.

lemonade
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:50 PM
This sucks... I never got to see the stuff that they had for the Sims 1. I heard that it was useful!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 12:43 PM
Well, It's been 3 months, and I still can't make an account at CTO. Are they really working on fixing that, or they just don't care about new members?
And all I want is to download their cc for Sims 1, And I'm growing really, REALLY impatient. Not cool CTO, not cool, just get your shit together and fix the god-damned email already! It's been THREE FUCKING MONTHS! I waited long enough, I tried to be patient, but this is getting ridiculous! WTF is wrong with you, don't you want to have new members? Seriously!
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 8:37 AM
I don't understand websites that require memberships just to download their stuff. Heck, people link over to the Sims Asylum all the time, but non-members can't even SEE what they have available for download. If CTO is the website I'm thinking of currently, then I've been musing about joining there for the last two years, but I have not done so because I don't relish having to make the usually obligatory ten posts just to keep my registration valid. Chit-chat does not come naturally to me. I'm not keen on making random posts just to fulfill a silly requirement.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 2:38 PM
Both CTO and Sims Asylum have adult content on there sites and that is why they require memberships so the kids don't get a free ride in.

Most of the time sites that require memberships also have adult content.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Both CTO and Sims Asylum have adult content on there sites and that is why they require memberships so the kids don't get a free ride in.

Most of the time sites that require memberships also have adult content.

Oh.

That would rather explain it.
(says the adult who always disables adult-content)

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
How do I register at CTO as a new member? On their homepage, there's only Member Login, but no way for new members to sign up... Could anyone help?

CTO Sims has shut down
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:34 PM
I know its been a year but thought I would add here some former members of Cto created anew forum, its not as large but until CTO is back online - yes it is returning but no date as yet - you may find what you want here

https://terraluna.space/