Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Tiny Tikes Nursery Necessities* Brand New Modded Objects

by Phaenoh Posted 28th Jan 2009 at 8:12 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM by Phaenoh

241 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Instructor
#26 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 7:09 AM
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful mods and new meshes.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:58 AM
I love these mods, thank you so much.

Josette
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 11:49 AM
Thanks sooooooo much, although, with some cheats my toddlers aren't much of a hassle. Could you place the fence and gate infront of a door and use it to keep the toddlers out of a room or backyard? Does the gate open automatically, and does it not let toddlers in or out, or does it have the option of letting the toddler come and go? And also, because that bed-cushion is soo fantastic, could you perhaps, or along with someone else, create a self-serving toddler fridge, or maybe an ever-lasting bottle that can be deleted afterwards, so that adults who are very busy anyway, don't have to attend to the kids as much??
Thanks so much, Lexi
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:28 PM
The gate acts as any other gate, pretty sure you can't place it in front of a door. The gate will never allow toddlers to crawl through it, they can only be carried. I try to play my sims rather realistic, and I can't think of any real life time when they can feed themselves. Sorry!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:47 PM
Sleeping mat! Awww, how adorable!!! I think I can safely announce you as a very creative custom content creator! I love these new gadgets.
Thank you!
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 7:28 PM
I can find a use for all of these items, but first I'm going to build an outdoor play area for them to ride their little trikes around safely, it will keep them off the road and from roaming near the pond on the largest legacy lot while still letting the adults come and go.

Thank you Phaenoh and thank you to everyone who helped too.
Theorist
#32 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:12 PM
Oh wow! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 4:21 AM
Brilliant!!!!

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Inventor
#34 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:13 PM
These are fab I especially love the playpen and sleeping mat. Thanks :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 8:35 PM
This is an amazing upload! Very creative and useful for all of us who love to play with family sims. Thank you very much for your efforts!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 9:56 PM
Why you have been a busy little bee...thanks so much for the creativity.
Test Subject
#37 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
Thank you so much!! This is fantastic, i have to get them all!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 5:42 PM
I really love this set, but the "KinderKlotherWoodenDresser" leaves a too big shadow underneath it. I would be even more happy if it was possible to fix.
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 11:21 PM
This is great i often have sets of 3 or more toddlers now i can put them in this pen, stop them clogging up my bathrooms :D

Comments Feed the Hamsters of my Imagination!
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:06 AM
I love them!
I got ALL of them <3
Thank you so much!
--Em;

I was like 11 when I made this account okay. D:
Scholar
#41 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 9:04 PM
This set is really great, but the sleeping mat could need a few improvements which keep me from using it very much:

- The pie menu is not translated. Couldn't you pull the strings from a crib/bed or something? (not a big issue)
- Time does not fast-forward when a toddler is sleeping on it
- When an adult wants to put a sleeping toddler on a potty or tries any other similar action, it immediately falls out of the queue. Somehow they aren't able to retrieve them from the mat like they do from the crib.
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 11:46 PM
I love the kinder klother dresser. However, when I get an adult to plan a toddlers swimsuit or undies it immediately drops out of queue. I've used the wardrobe wrangler to give toddlers swimsuits, so that isn't the problem. I have also bought more than 2 of each, so I was wondering why this is happening to me.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
This set is really great, but the sleeping mat could need a few improvements which keep me from using it very much:

- The pie menu is not translated. Couldn't you pull the strings from a crib/bed or something? (not a big issue)
- Time does not fast-forward when a toddler is sleeping on it
- When an adult wants to put a sleeping toddler on a potty or tries any other similar action, it immediately falls out of the queue. Somehow they aren't able to retrieve them from the mat like they do from the crib.

I've never dealt with Pie Menu translations, so I don't know how to fix that for you. The other two 'problems' are identical to the way the pet bed works when toddler sleep on that. I don't know how how to address either of those issues either. Sorry, maybe Atavera's one is more to your liking?

Quote: Originally posted by samanthajhawes
I love the kinder klother dresser. However, when I get an adult to plan a toddlers swimsuit or undies it immediately drops out of queue. I've used the wardrobe wrangler to give toddlers swimsuits, so that isn't the problem. I have also bought more than 2 of each, so I was wondering why this is happening to me.
PM me with as much information as you can provide me. This shouldn't be happening and I should be able to fix it. I need to know what you did, how many sims you have in this family, what types of outfits you were using (CC or maxis moved) and what EPs you have installed.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#44 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:24 PM
I vote for your creation! this is much better that a horrible baby-barbecue.
You deserve to win.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM
Thanks i love these items, i always thanked totsinmind in the usa for having the cot safety tent to keep my 4 tots out of danger and from hurting themselves falling out the crib, so i am sure the simmys are going to love these
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 4:48 AM
Thank You so much for these wonderful creations, Phaenoh

I hardly ever have toddlers in my game, but I can see so many movie and story-telling possibilities for these items.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:30 AM
I don't have AL, but I do have M&G. Is AL required for the sleepmat interaction, or does M&G cover it too?
I haven't played any pets in my freshly recreated game yet, don't know if toddlers can do that for me at all.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:02 AM
Honestly pentabet, I don't really know about that. I would assume it needs AL but MG might have added the interaction as well since it is an expansion pack. I do know that it can't break your game if you try it. If it doesn't work, or something strange, take it back out.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:16 AM Last edited by pentabet : 4th Feb 2009 at 1:40 PM. Reason: Tested the Action in Question
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Honestly pentabet, I don't really know about that. I would assume it needs AL but MG might have added the interaction as well since it is an expansion pack. I do know that it can't break your game if you try it. If it doesn't work, or something strange, take it back out.

I'll test it then, and get back to you. Thank you for a quick answer. And thank you for these wonderful things!

Edit: Okay, I DO have the interaction -yay!- and the toddler successfully fell asleep on the mat.
But:
- When the father was told to wake her up, it fell out of his queue, it wouldn't stay up...
- I had to queue the toddler to "go here" after canceling the sleep action, or she'd get up and go right back to sleep on it (she was tired, heh), and...
- The animations for the toddler getting in and out are very strange and jumpy; is that just me?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:27 PM
Glad to hear that you can use it without AL!

As for the other issues, try having a tot go nap on the maxis dog bed and see if everything works just like that one does. I don't think I changed anything from that. If they behave identical, that's good. The animations didn't look jumpy to me.
Page 2 of 10