Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM Last edited by gdayars : 9th May 2018 at 12:09 AM.
Default Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Qualifications to Host:
I have been a contestant in numerous contests including:

Community Spirit
Calendar Contest 2017

I have hosted one contest, the 2018 Calendar Contest

Concept:
Ever feel the need to travel to a unique place? Would you like to create your very own vacation spot? Well here's your chance! There will be 4 rounds.

Application
Just say you want a spot Put Wanderlust in a sentence in your post. First come, first serve. Since this is open to all skill levels, I realize not everyone has proof of qualifications. This is a beginner's contest, so just say you want to join. Don't forget the codeword

Rules and Requirements:
This is for Sims 2 only, Base game on up. Custom content is allowed. Each round will last 2 weeks. No eliminations. A limit of 12 applicants. First come, first serve. If for some reason, I miss one, I will allow a special add on. The following is a description of what lots are going to be built, and in what style, and what order. Just a note: While this contest is based on Bon Voyage, it isn't limited to Bon Voyage players. There is no bonus for custom content free, so if other players from base game onward want to play, they aren't penalized for having to get custom content to make any of the following lot types which is a description of what lots are going to be built, in what style, and what order. Also players of all skill levels welcome

1. A food lot/restaurant style lot.
2. An entertainment style lot. This could be a bar, a dance club, or a theater or anything else you can dream up.
3. A vacation home. A hotel could be built instead, if you have Bon Voyage and is an allowed substitute.
4. A location that represents that particular cultural/geographical location well. It should be unique to the theme.(for instance a beach would be a good choice for tropical, a shrine would be another good example).

Along with the lot types, you also have to use 1 of the 4 following themes. 1 per lot type.
1. Tropical
2. Eastern
3. Mountain/Country
4. Desert

You may use any of the themes with any of the lot types ONCE. You cannot have two restaurants, and two tropical locations for instance. If you do tropical when we do restaurants, you will have to use one of the others for your entertainment style lot.
The lots, in the order they are to be done, are as follows:

1. Restaurant/food lot (not necessarily a restaurant that is an example) 80,000 2x3 or 3x2
2.Entertainment lot/bar (example) 100,000 and 3x4 or 4x3
3.Vacation home/hotel 3x3 lot 150,000
4. Unique, activities style lot unique to that culture/geographical location. Can be any size, any budget, any type, as long as it matches the theme you have left to use, and is unique to that location.
The size and budget for each of the others will be given at the beginning of each round.

Scoring:
The build is judged on decor(both inside and outside), playability, uniqueness, build quality, how well it matches the theme, and budget.

Decor: Inside and outside together are 5 points.
Playability: 5 points
Uniqueness: 5 points
Build Quality: 5 points
Theme Correlation: 5 points
Budget: 5 points

For a total of 30 points for each round per judge.

Judges: There will be 3 judges. Kukamuukaanmuka will be the emergency judge if we need one. The judges are:
Judge 1 joandsarah77
Judge 2 Red Sonja
Judge 3Gummilutt
We now have a second emergency judge yavannatw
Picture Rules:
All images must meet MTS screenshot guidelines.
All but the first image must be placed under [ SPOILER ] tags.
You may edit your pictures up until the deadline.
Each round requires:
1 shot showing the front.
1 shot showing the back
1 shot showing the price. (If you have the needed EP simply show the price on the lot.)
1 shot of each floor plan as close as you can. That not only means each floor, but each building on the lot as well.

You are allowed another 10 extra photos to show off your lot to its best advantage. So 14 shots total. If your house has a second story that is a second floor plan shot making 15 pictures. You don't have to do this many but you can if you want to.
New Photo Rules for last round

New rules for screenshots
Helpful mods you can use
No Red Pause Lines in pictures
Here or here
Moo's turn on and off lights
Custom sized beach lots These are in Research and Development, and have been there a LONG time. From what I have read, the 2 plus sizes are ok to use, but I have never used them so try at own risk.

Contestants

ContestantTotalRound 1ScoreRound 2ScoreRound 3ScoreRound 4Score
Charmful333Restaurant83Lost Ruins83.5Desert Vacation Home84.5Snowcap Springs82
maxon350Restaurant86Eastern Concert Hall88Ski Chalet86Simpetra90
justJones261.5Restaurant87.5Tropical Nightclub88.5Mountain Vacation Home85.5
celebkiriedhel
Justpetro344.5Restaurant86Bar88.5African Desert Hotel82.5Cape Winelands Farm87.5
SparkysaysRestaurant79
kanzen171Food lot86Axe Range85
OnayaW156Restaurant78Spa and Tea House78
Karen Lorraine349Restaurant86Bowling Alley86.5Moroccan Hotel88.5Tropical Stilt Hotel88
lauratje86
pannisim
CatherineTCJD345.5Restaurant83Water Park87.5Eastern Hotel87Alamo88
Freelala347Food Carts81Entertainment88.5Mountain Lookout Tower89Eastern Monastery88.5
Yvelotic2001321.5Restaurant83Bowling Alley78.5Country Hotel77Eastern Pagoda83
Sparklypotato162Restaurant83Tropical Beach Huts79
suzanne70
kerri191Restaurant87

Playalongs

ContestantRound 1ScoreRound 2ScoreRound 3ScoreRound 4Score
Phaenoh
Peni GriffinRestaurantIcicles RinkTropical Vacation Home
gazaniaRestaurantRoller RinkMountain HotelAqueous Island Lighthouse:lovestruc
broomhilda61RestaurantPetting ZooMountain Vacation Home
SunbeeRestaurant
franfelianoNautical Restaurant
RickandMorty
porkypineCantina
yavannatwRestaurantNightclubTropical VillaMorrocan Museum:lovestruc
bbostic8RestaurantBar
KukamuukaanmukaRestaurantSpaVilla DoraSim Majal:lovestruc

If anyone wants to be a judge please apply below, as I have two slots remaining Please submit one build, or link to one, if you have one uploaded somewhere, and I will consider your application

Judges all filled

Clarification on themes
Some of the judges and contestants wanted clarification I wanted to point out, for instance, while I originally thought Oriental Iike Bon Voyage, there really is no reason Middle Eastern/Moroccan for example couldn't fit in either Eastern or Desert. Desert doesn't mean just Southwestern U.S. either it could be the Sahara for that matter. Tropical just means literally any kind of tropical from island paradises to jungles. Same with Country. It doesn't have to be American country, it just means a rural setting. I included mountain, as that is what Bon Voyage calls it. So rural or mountainous works fine

Countdown Timer

Please when you submit, list in the title area what theme you are going with, and what your take is on it ? Such as English Country, or Saharan Desert, whatever, if it is generic desert, say, you can say that as well. This just makes it easier for the judges.

Round 1 Scores for Contestants
Play Along's Round 1 Comments
Round 2 Scores for Contestants
Round 2 Scores for Play Alongs
Round 3 Scores for Contestants
Round 3 Scores for Play Alongs
Round 4 Scores for Contestants
Round 4 Scores for Play Alongs
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM
Contest Approved
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:53 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:19 PM.
Application to judge so it's official. A few pictures of an apartment that I am currently building.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:37 PM
<deep breath> Can I be allowed to be a contestant (if staff not allowed, no problem)?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
Contest post has been edited to add a new application rule.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:08 AM
OK. I want to do this. I have the Wanderlust. My Twikkii needs a nightclub, so why not? I have a question though, when is round 1 due? Is the 60,000 Simoleon/ 2x3 lot size the requirement and is the 2x3 count either orientation of that size?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:10 AM
Yes either way will work (2x3 or 3x2) and 60,000 is the upper limit I will list you as far as when it is due, I will officially start the countdown when we have our participants, or in a week, whichever comes first.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
So hopefully I won't have Wanderlust then. And can I have a spot?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:13 AM
Yep! you are in I will add you!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by justJones : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM.
I'm in. Already getting round 1 cc sorted. Am I safe to assume a Mexican restaurant would be fine for the desert theme?

Edit: Has anyone else seen the movie, Wanderlust? It was pretty amusing.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:24 AM
Yes as long as you have obvious desert landscaping, it shouldn't be a problem. don't forget your code word. :P
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:41 AM
Ah yes, have edited my previous post...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:01 AM
I love to go a wandering, along a mountain range and as I go, I love to sing with wanderlust on my brain.
:D

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:33 AM
Adding you in @celebkiriedhel and already did @justJones
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM
Wanderlust is in my heart, I want to hit the road
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:25 AM
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM
I'd very much like a spot in the Wanderlust contest!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:48 AM
Forum Resident
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:55 AM Last edited by kanzen : 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:10 AM.
This time I swear I'm gonna stick til the very end. I have a Wanderlust!

I recently started a BACC on a small island and I wanted it to look as if it is a vacation hood. All my playables are the locals, and all the townies will be the tourists.
Anyways I just finished the Mayor's house this morning. The rest of the island is empty and this is going to be the perfect opportunity to get my head cracking at a tight schedule!

P.S.**I was gonna upload the lot on MTS for download but my gazebo roof is pay content. Is pay content from booty allowed in the contest?**
Forum Resident
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:29 AM Last edited by OnayaW : 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:46 AM.
//I need to enter so badly this time//

Edit: I have no idea what Wanderlust actually means

I build small houses *^*
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:25 AM
I wanderlusted lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

The rest of the poem is here:

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:20 AM
All the Wanderlust here as well. It's been a while since I've taken part in a contest! How exciting :-D

Page 1 of 59